ReefCleaners.org

Marine Aquarium Expo 2014 (April 5-6)

Reefmeister2

I hope this year is going to be better than last years, it was kinda meh last year.

I've never been to an expo. Did you go to Reef a Palooza? Would you say RAP is better? :)

RAP was larger this year, but that is hardly an insult considering I started both RAP and MAX at OC Fair, but am no longer affiliated with RAP

As for which is better remains to be seen. From experience the 20-somethings seem to say they like RAP better, the 30 somethings seem split, and the 40+ family oriented hobbyist seemed to like MAX better. I hope this is a fair assessment.

In all though, why would any of this matter? both events are at opposite ends of the calendar (MAX in Spring and RAP in Fall) If you are in this hobby (and if you are reading this I can only assume that you are) then you'd be crazy to skip either event!

It matters because when someone says "I hope this year is going to be better than last years, it was kinda meh last year." we tend to ask if it's is worth our time and money, that's all. No need to get into details. I'm sure it'll be a cool event to attend and I'll be there. :) Thanks

ahh Ok, sorry, I didn't see that part of the question.

too soon to know details of any "changes" per se, but I do know this: I couldn't even walk down the hobbyist/club aisle last April (my wife and I both walk with canes) as it was shoulder-to-shoulder people. But then again, I'll be the first to admit that high attendance most certainly does not guarantee a great show. We do our best to go that extra mile with every event (this being our ninth) so I hope we can earn your admiration for MAX 2014 this Spring. Please visit our discussion forum from time to time to get the latest updates.....I will also try to post updates here as well.

• 1 month later...

In General we hear the "twenty somethings" like rap better but then the "thirty-and-older" crowd liking MAX better. Why this is we don't know nor do we bother to research in any significant capacity. I am guessing it is because we entertain the kids more and thus keep young fathers happy, but then again I've heard many good compliments from single hobbyists too. The Marine Aquarium Expo is unique compared to many trade shows and thus constantly strive to improve via word or mouth or suggestions handed down from interested parties. Good or bad, we listen, and we learn. What we do not learn from are vague comments stating A is better than B without any substantiated logic or reason as to why. Even funnier is why anybody would care, as if you had to choose one show over the other; they are literally six months apart. I developed rap in 2007 for the benefit of SCMAS and that is exactly what has ocurred....they have carried on quite nicely. I developed max in 2008 for the benefit of Sunset Promotional Services, Inc. and that is exactly what has ocurred....we have carried on quite nicely. The overall winners however are you southern California hobbyists who now have TWO rather large SPRING and FALL events to attend! We Do What We Do For People Like YOU : )

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES and GENTLEMEN, and PLEASE BE SAFE THIS NEW YEAR!!!!

• 2 months later...
Reefmeister2

Presale tickets for MAX April 5-6 are available for a discounted rate of only $11 at Age of Aquariums in Signal Hill/Long Beach and at Coral Oasis in Costa Mesa, CA (Cash Only)

MAX just launced a New Website with all pages updated:

www.MarineAquariumexpo.com

check us out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived