ReefCleaners.org

1.5G PiCotAnk

yoowicked

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone

Haven't update for a while cuz' nothing much have been changed.

That pair of clown have been given to my friend who has a 300G RT. I think it's a better place for them to live in. :D

All corals look ok so far as well as the algae :furious: , the algae grows really fast and seems like they are out of control. Anyone advise to stop them growing?

01-14Jul14_zpsbf137938.jpg02-14Jul14_zpsd9af0771.jpg03-14Jul14_zps160d67fd.jpg

You will need to run gfo somehow

use straight razor epoxied into wooden dowel as reach handle to scrape down and off the glass, do back to back 75% water changes to fix

Cameron6796

Scrape as much off with flow off and remove it from tank, take all equipment covered in it and scrub then soak in peroxide. As for rocks, boost clean up crew and lower phos and nitrates if they need to be

• 4 months later...

Haven't update for a while cuz I was busy on moving house recently. Fortunately I can still fight for a very tiny little space in the new house to place the old tank. :furious:

The whole set up of the tank remain unchanged but sadly there were some losses during the transit.

I removed the sand and also removed some live rock for kenya tree to grow taller.

Are there anyone using Maxspect C35? I bought a second hand C35S two weeks ago and I found that the coral seem not happy with it.

Kenya2_zps48476cc1.jpgKenya3_zpsc2175d37.jpgKenya1_zpsf275f7f2.jpg

The reason you're having a massive algae outbreak is because your bioload is too high. A tank that size can only hold a whitecap goby/pistol shrimp pair or flaming prawn goby at the very most. It most definitely cannot hold an angelfish. Either you give the fish away or you upgrade your tank if you want to keep him very badly. It's not fair on him. I have a spare 3G+ Pico and that tank was super-tiny.

The reason you're having a massive algae outbreak is because your bioload is too high. A tank that size can only hold a whitecap goby/pistol shrimp pair or flaming prawn goby at the very most. It most definitely cannot hold an angelfish. Either you give the fish away or you upgrade your tank if you want to keep him very badly. It's not fair on him. I have a spare 3G+ Pico and that tank was super-tiny.

You are right, this baby angel shouldn't keep in such little tank. In fact, I am planning to build a bigger reef tank at the balcony. So it just temporarily stay here for few months....hopefully.

hey nice coloration on the walls it looks like coralline i like it

I WISH that is coralline :D

Picture038_zpse8d92bb5.jpg

Can anyone tell me what does this blue coral call? Just bought it yesterday. Do I need to feed them? I have Brightwell Zooplanktos-S and PhytoGreen-S on hand, are they OK?

Hi all, i'm a newbie here.

Been into the salt for 2yrs but still have no clue how to maintain the softy. :( So I set up a pico tank with limited equipments! I really want to figure out what matter the softy the most and I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

I understand each type of corals have their need in related to the environment, food source and water parameters, therefore I am seeking advises from all of you experts which area I should focus on it in this case???!!

Settings:

1. 1.5G tank
  2. Internal filter
  3. DIY LED Lighting 10W

1x 1w 395nm violet

1x 1w 420nm violet

4x 1w 450nm blue

1x 1w 3000k white

2x 1w 10000k white

1x 1w green

4. 2lb live rock (been placed in the mature refegium for 2weeks and cleaned it before I put into the pico)

5. 1.5cm thick sand bed

I used the water from the old tank to start with and let it cycling for one week. Then I water changed with RO/DI mixed in RC reef salt.

01Pico29_zps57b36d8c.jpg

02Pico29_zps3897d321.jpg

03Pico29_zpsfb6a5a33.jpg

05Pico29_zps0f34a8eb.jpg

04Pico29_zps674f357a.jpg

BEAUtiful!

seamonkeychar

I'm going to skip the tang in there, I'm sure someone else will handle it, but do your clowns not fight?! I count 3 different clowns, two different species, in a small space....isn't that a recipe for disaster?

Archived