Coral Vue Hydros

1.5G PiCotAnk

yoowicked

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah,I hate to be the the a$$hole to say this,but that fish needs to be in a tank no smaller that 55 gallons -____- lol... I could be wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

been busy lately, didn't have time to update.

But I've kept my promise and did a little water change every 2 days. Sadly the tank look like a bit messy cuz' I really didn't have time to clean up the diatom on the glass and algae grew all over the rock :furious:

I was amazed when I looked at that sps frag last night and I immediately took a picture with my crappy iphone. Honestly I expected these sps frag won't last for one week, cuz' the tank has no equipments at all and very very young. But WTH..............they survived! :D

SpsG22Nov_zps258c001d.jpg

I found sps to be very hardy until I got some cleaning agents in my tank (oops), then the flesh fell off :eek:

arrrrrrr.......... luckily I don't have any :lol:

have you found your perfect pico tank yet?

arrrrrrr.......... luckily I don't have any :lol:

have you found your perfect pico tank yet?

I think I am going to de-rim a 5.5g I have because I already have it. I wanted something smaller but I'm already storing this 5.5g so it seems like an idea.

Otherwise, I decided on a Mr Aqua 3g. I could always "upgrade" once I get started and decide to stick with it.

A little update again, this is the 28th day of my pico tank, surprising all corals are doing fine without complex equipments.

0125Nov_zps98063c8a.jpg

Bought this lovely coral last night, amazing color. Can anyone tell me what it call? :unsure:

Any advice how to keep this coral? :happy:

0225Nov_zps0cd60f06.jpg

He was so busy looking for food :lol:

0425Nov_zps39b0387a.jpg

Pom Pom crab found a new gloves! :D

0525Nov_zpsb7f3b1d9.jpg

0325Nov_zps72c512a7.jpg

This kenya tree grew almost 3 times taller in just 28 days, I'm sure it will reach the top very soon :o

Kenya25Nov_zps63f8609e.jpg

Monti25Nov_zps32c305c4.jpg

Enjoying the brine shrimp dinner :P

ZoeR25Nov_zps5d641179.jpg

Xenia25Nov_zpsc6a713e7.jpg

SpsG25Nov_zpsa2297866.jpg

A little update again, this is the 28th day of my pico tank, surprising all corals are doing fine without complex equipments.

Yep, contrary to popular belief a reef can very easily be set up cheaply and be cheap to run. It's stocking the tank that can break you.

0125Nov_zps98063c8a.jpg

Bought this lovely coral last night, amazing color. Can anyone tell me what it call? :unsure:

Any advice how to keep this coral? :happy:

0225Nov_zps0cd60f06.jpg

Looks like maybe a lobophyllia. I have a couple, pretty undemanding, they can prefer higher lighting although mine have done just as fine on the sand as on the top of the rocks. They'll eat if you drop something in the center area. Very nice colors on that one.

Nah. This is my old 15 gallon (now my sump). One frag, about one month and I had this...

11062512445_5d737ebeec_b.jpg

Well you got mad skills! I find it hard to grow... although.. I guess years ago it grew well when I didn't have a skimmer. I loveeee xenia... mine is just now finally starting to perk up. I put it in the gorg/mandy/nps tank and I think it loves all the food.

It exports nitrates and phosphates like macros, so it likes dirty tanks.

The thing is.. it wouldn't grow in my 40B which shares the same water as my 29g hex and now its doing well in the 29g hex... and my tank before that was very dirty and it just withered. ???

Nah. This is my old 15 gallon (now my sump). One frag, about one month and I had this...

I'm not sure whether you have came across this breed of Xenia before or not but this one is different story. We called it "Japanese Xenia" (not sure abt the real name), its one of the hardest Xenia to keep IMO. I have four kind of Xenia, most of them are easy, doesn't matter how your water parameter is like.

For instant, this one came from Vietnam, we called it "White Xenia". No problem at all to keep it and it spread all over my main tank.

So I really don't think simply keep the ammonia at zero would do the magic here.

This is one of the xenia seller in my place

This is what I am trying to achieve now -_-

The only type I could ever get is the elongated species, Xenia elongata. I wish I could get some of the pompom variety, I think that one looks best. Actually, I forgot, I've had a blue xenia as well but it melted during my mini crash.

• 2 months later...

Honestly i don't want to take it down neither unless i can figure out how to cold down the water in HOT SUMMER. it can raised up to 30+ degree in room temperature. Actually I am planning to DIY a new tank which will share the sump of the bigger tank cuz' there is a chiller. Will see how it goes and update to you guys! :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived