ReefCleaners.org

1.5G PiCotAnk

yoowicked

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you're making progress !!! Everything looks amazing. Glad to see all the sps are still kicking and even showing PE !! Kudos.

Looks like you're making progress !!! Everything looks amazing. Glad to see all the sps are still kicking and even showing PE !! Kudos.

Arrr....not so soon my friend. I think the n-cycle hasn't complete yet, brown algae is everywhere. I think my "tictac" design doesn't work out neither, the water surface is very oily where I can't stand anymore.

I really need to diy a oil filter to fit with my tank size :(

great little tank…. is it a tubastrea or a dendro?

Thanks! it's a dendro..

Arrr....not so soon my friend. I think the n-cycle hasn't complete yet, brown algae is everywhere. I think my "tictac" design doesn't work out neither, the water surface is very oily where I can't stand anymore.

Do you have a picture of it ( the algae ? ) it may just be diatoms. Which is normal. You might want to try getting a different filter,a bigger one. And run some carbon or chemi-pure elite in it. Something to pull organics out of the water and create some surface tension on the water.

Do you have a picture of it ( the algae ? ) it may just be diatoms. Which is normal. You might want to try getting a different filter,a bigger one. And run some carbon or chemi-pure elite in it. Something to pull organics out of the water and create some surface tension on the water.

you are right, the inner filter seems not capable to do the job. Unfortunately i really don't have extra spaces to use a bigger one, so i DIY another inner filter last night. I will use some carbon later and see how it goes.

Full_zps66e4ad74.jpg

Is your only filter an internal one? I was looking at your pics and it seems to be. I think your best option is get a cheap hang on back filter. That'll clear up that surface film, aerate the water and get some movement going on. And it'll get that enormous box out of the tank.

beautiful tank, makes me want to downgrade for the simplicity and beauty.

I know right? I have a 2.3 gallon sitting here on the desk beside me with nothing but water in it and my Fluval Spec in a box under the desk....... The good ol days when things were simpler and cheaper.

Is your only filter an internal one? I was looking at your pics and it seems to be. I think your best option is get a cheap hang on back filter. That'll clear up that surface film, aerate the water and get some movement going on. And it'll get that enormous box out of the tank.

LOL...i know the DIY filter looks weird, but i really don't have space to use a hang on filter at the back cuz the power just right next to it.

LOL...i know the DIY filter looks weird, but i really don't have space to use a hang on filter at the back cuz the power just right next to it.

Well then....

SUMP IT.

:D

An AC20 is not big at all. And it'd free up valuable room in your tank. I have one on my 2.5 gallon I'm setting up and it's only about 5-5.5 inches wide,2 inches thick and maybe 4 inches tall. Very small for how power full it is.

It'd also help with more flow for the sps and help stop the surface oil and dead spots in your tank.

I finally gave up the internal filter and bought a hang on back filter which is the smallest i can get from lfs.

0111Nov_zps7061e9cb.jpg

Kenya11Nov_zps3455a88c.jpg

Leather11Nov_zpsa27f88a7.jpg

Xenia11Nov_zps74d62a6c.jpg

ZoeR11Nov_zps44edbc59.jpg

ZoeY11Nov_zpsbe1befb9.jpg

SpsG11Nov_zps355d9bb0.jpg

SpsR11Nov_zpse3f5d620.jpg

I can finally captured this little fella, he is so good looking specially under the blue light. It was supposed a pair but one of them stuck behind the internal filter the other day and passed away -_- . That's the main reason I have to switch to a hang on back filter!!

0411Nov_zpsada61070.jpg

0211Nov_zps72d4c727.jpg

Funny pom pom crab! :D

0311Nov_zpsef0c6711.jpg

Is that an anthia in a 1.5 gallon tank?

You have some balls.

LOL :haha:

I want a pico so bad.. every time I look at this.. ughhh.. you're killing me! :)

Why wait?! Get one, it's super fun!! :D

Archived