Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's 18" Rimless Reef & ADA 45p Planted| New Pics Page 36

brad908

So, I am going to paint about 3-4" on each side of the back corner black. This will blend the mp10's and thermometer, and hide cords and light tree.

F430D7ED-5176-410E-A8CE-5CC2A46E0BC6-134

The mp10's will be placed low and high. I hope this will give enough flow coverage, but idk since they will be so close.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, sky blue, I actually had it over my shallow rimless picO 18x18x9 and it's kinda blue. I would say, since I've seen both in person, the skyblue makes sps look better(more colors, natural) but oceanblue makes lps/zoas look better(more pop)....

What's everyone's opinion on kessil a150w sky blue vs ocean blue?

You're getting a Kessil? Well I'd go Sky Blue, Ocean Blue will bring one hell of a pop though

You're getting a Kessil? Well I'd go Sky Blue, Ocean Blue will bring one hell of a pop though

Thinking about it. Cheap and a pretty gold light.

If I were you, I'd go with the ocean blue...but I'm a lps guy. If I went sps, I'd go with skyblue without a doubt.

But thing is, I don't like the kessil goosenecks...I only like phattypeeps' custom kessil lamp....and you would need the design plannings(blue prints) for those.

If I were you, I'd go with the ocean blue...but I'm a lps guy. If I went sps, I'd go with skyblue without a doubt.

But thing is, I don't like the kessil goosenecks...I only like phattypeeps' custom kessil lamp....and you would need the design plannings(blue prints) for those.

This tank won't really have any sps. How blue is ocean blue? Don't want a windex looking tank

This tank won't really have any sps. How blue is ocean blue? Don't want a windex looking tank

It's not that blue. Lol. I've seen kessil a150w ocean blue videos and it actually isn't as blue as it comes out to be in person. You honestly have to see it in person to decide.

That time, I thought ocean blue was too blue by just watching some videos but boy was I wrong. Went to the lfs and they had ocean blues over their display. It was freaking nice. Not too blue imo which I thought it was watching those videos...But by that time, I had already gone with skyblue lol. Noobie mistake on my part.

Thinking about it. Cheap and a pretty gold light.

I'd do something else

DIY would be cool, JMO a Luxeon RB and NW with a few CB and HV would have better spectrum and efficiency, and could be made to look pretty nice.

Razor Nano and Celestial spotlight, the spotlight would be compact and cheaper than the Kessil, but unless you mount them or hang them in certain ways they are ugly....

Nanobox, well, you know.

Reefbreeders is another good option, cheap, good lights IMO.

I'd do something else

DIY would be cool, JMO a Luxeon RB and NW with a few CB and HV would have better spectrum and efficiency, and could be made to look pretty nice.

Razor Nano and Celestial spotlight, the spotlight would be compact and cheaper than the Kessil, but unless you mount them or hang them in certain ways they are ugly....

Nanobox, well, you know.

Reefbreeders is another good option, cheap, good lights IMO.

Tristan, the one who owns a picO manta ray 18 and nano razor, is already complaining about the nano razor not being enough for his 18x18 shallow tank. Imagine what worse it can be for Brad's 18x18 tall tank.

Nanobox is probably still the best. But kessil is half the price, very sleek and modern looking and it has the best BEST shimmer effects. Believe me lol. I had a kessil, ai nano, skyye and about to get in my Buildmyled custom fixture. Nothing had better shimmers than kessil. And kessil does promote great sps growth from what I can tell by seeing kessil owners.

Kessil lacks spectrum and efficiency, if they make a new product to help spectrum (Efficiency isn't a multichip led plus) it would be so much better, also for a bit cheaper, maybe controllable.

Kessil lacks spectrum and efficiency, if they make a new product to help spectrum (Efficiency isn't a multichip led plus) it would be so much better, also for a bit cheaper, maybe controllable.

I don't think it lacks that much of a spectrum. It is full spectrum and is proven to make corals look colorful and healthy.

We will see. I've never used halide before so gonna test this out. Then maybe another nanobox if I'm not happy.

Nice. Nanobox is a superb choice. As backup for that mh fail. ;)

Found the nano box! I forgot I put it in my car before the movers unloaded.

Sending it to Dave to put all the internals into an 18" fixture.

This is great news

:)

Painted the back corner today with plasti dip. Pretty sweet, I didn't believe it when people said it peels right off cleanly. Well, it does.

Found the nano box! I forgot I put it in my car before the movers unloaded.

Sending it to Dave to put all the internals into an 18" fixture.

This is great news

:)

Yeeeaaaahhhh!

Incase you haven't checked in some good stores in the area are

Diablo Corals, great corals and designer collection, cool little store

Neptunes aquatics, another great one with lots of corals and some cool FW stuff, Buddythelion works there too IIRC

Baja Reef, this one is new, I have never been there but I've heard they have crazy corals especially SPS

Aquatic Collection, awesome store, lots of corals, you can get some better deals from this guy on ebay

AGA store, only FW, some sweet scapes and plants even a reefer would drool over

HTH :)

Thanks for the list.

I went to neptune, it was very nice. I've also been to ultimate aquarium and didn't really like it.

I will have to go check out another one this weekend.

Think I accidentally threw away the nanobox during the move :(

Don't tell Dave :lol:

Edit: Dave already knows... glad you found it :)

filterless?

When / where did this new trend come from?

add a filter man

Yea, keep the display clean. Large weekly water changes.

Archived