Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Yes thats mine too, the big round dude controls the strength. the blue button can suspend the pump for feeding, Has a ten minute lock. The speeds are s1 s2 s3 The red button is the speed lock. I like the else mode, its a gentle back and forth pulsating wave, gives nice random movement. My birdnest polyps flow every direction which seems to be the requirement.

I have the little chip for the night sensor but havenèt used it. I hear it doesnèt respond well to led and can burn out. Its supposed to slow the flow for a night rest, but I have not tried it and probably will not use it. Maybe I will try it out but I forgot about it and all is well, the fish find a place to snuggle at night and no complaints from this end.

I just thought of something, the multi-outlet bar has 4 outlets on the left that can be on the same timer, same time etc. The ones on the right stay on the whole time. If the sleepy time rest doesn't work or stops I can put it on the time with the lights maybe. So when the light is on from 3-11 so can be the Jebao and refugium light come to think of it. That might just work.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lnglostsurfer

Looking great so far! Are you still planning on having everything wet on the 1st? And did you figure out when your rock is coming??

Im not sure about using the jebao on a timer,.. but ya is a thought. The on and off may cause undue wear however, replacement is pretty cheap :)

Funny, wave 1 makes more sand storm for me lol. Im using the seafloor special grade sand. I think a more corse sand would have been a better choice. I have not had any nuisance algae probs, a bit of briopsis but some gfo corrected that fast. I think the water movement keeps things supsended long enough to deter any rotting food, and I have a very small cleanup crew. 1 or 2 dwarf hermits, a couple of lefties and 3 cerith snails. 2 nassarius snails. I have to drop sinking pellets or these guys have nothing to feed on. Bit of hard green algae along the glass at sand level that I have to razor blade during the water change but other than that I credit the flow.

Looking good! I run my WP25 on W1/S3...basically low settings with the one type of wave. If I try Else I get sand all over. Doh!

I'm going to try w1, sp3 today and see if it prevents my central mound from forming. If so I'll level all the sand next w/c

EDIT: Oh you may be on to something, I'm trying out w1 s3 and I think its a bit calmer in the sea lol :)

LOL Yes, W1 wave isn't too rough and S3 is the lowest power.

Thanks its working, the sand is staying put. I leveled it all out. I thought I tried every mode, I must have not given it enough of a chance, so many modes to fiddle with. Its all behaving well now.

Looking great so far! Are you still planning on having everything wet on the 1st? And did you figure out when your rock is coming??

Hoping I'll get the rock for Halloween. I don't really want to start on Fri, a full moon. A friend of mine is going to bring me his TDS meter so I can check water in and RO/DI out. But a friend of mine says his water in Fletcher is like 38 and a post from Nov 2011 from someone in Asheville on a different reefing site said the Asheville City water was 26. Somewhere therin is the truth but when the tds meter on the unit is saying 0 in and zero out, something's wrong. As long as the OUT is reading correctly then IN won't be a concern but I have to know if the OUT is reading correctly.

Nice! Where do I pick up one of those iron mermaids? following the adventure. :D

It's metal but Ha- if they were iron we could be called Iron Maidens.

i can't wait for your rocks to arrive! we should start a betting pool on what critters you gonna find...or a bingo card...hahah.

ha, that's funny. I don't know if they usually email you to tell you when they're sending them or what but I haven't heard anything yet. I figure though I'm going to make the water here the next 2 days, heat it up and add the salt and get the tank 2/3 full and have the sand in there so it'll clear up by the time the rock is here. I wonder if it varies how they look depending on what time of year you get them? I didn't ponder that before.

ha, that's funny. I don't know if they usually email you to tell you when they're sending them or what but I haven't heard anything yet. I figure though I'm going to make the water here the next 2 days, heat it up and add the salt and get the tank 2/3 full and have the sand in there so it'll clear up by the time the rock is here. I wonder if it varies how they look depending on what time of year you get them? I didn't ponder that before.

don't they only have one season down in Florida? hahah

You know, I really don't know if the water temperature differs much, not sure how deep they have to go to get the rock they're harvesting. I can't imagine it's that deep though.

From pictures I've seen, it's not deep.

I can't believe you'll have your rock this week!!!! Time has flown. :happydance:

I hope, do they email you when it's time they send it or do you look into your account online?

I hope, do they email you when it's time they send it or do you look into your account online?

I know you'll get a notice that it's been shipped. They may email you as well. I can't remember. I haven't actually ordered anything from them in a while. And I have a bad memory with some things. :lol:
Builder Anthony

A maidens voyage is such a cool name for a tank thread.i like reading tank tread names there funny sometimes but i think it be a cool name for a ship or something too.....oh i just seen a real good scary movie on tv called the fog.if u can wacth it at night its a old school classic and kind of scarry but not bloody scarry just well written.

A maidens voyage is such a cool name for a tank thread.i like reading tank tread names there funny sometimes but i think it be a cool name for a ship or something too.....oh i just seen a real good scary movie on tv called the fog.if u can wacth it at night its a old school classic and kind of scarry but not bloody scarry just well written.

Thanks, my user name was thoughtful- 1st time I ever reefed so I had to come up with something truthful again with this tank thread. And Iike the story behind things or double meanings, whatever. I didn't have a title for my Evolve 8 so I wanted one that made sense. I'll have to check out that movie though. I'm one of those people that loves movies like Shawshank Redemption- Love Morgan Freeman. Drama, some laughter, perfect, good story line, though it is very similar to Escape from Alcatraz.

So glad you made a thread for your new adventure!! Looks great so far!

Got my phosphate reactor today will install it tomorrow! Cant wait to see your rock work!

So glad you made a thread for your new adventure!! Looks great so far!

Got my phosphate reactor today will install it tomorrow! Cant wait to see your rock work!

Don't know how I'm scaping yet cuz really won't know until I get it and I can think about it for a while during the cycling. I think I'm going to try to lay them in the sand so they're laying on their side so I have the most surface area getting exposed because anything on the bottom will just die underneath probably. Hey, what if I make some kind of stand w/ the extra egg crate? Or should I place them a top some small plastic containers inverted? I don't know, just thinking because I heard the most surface area exposed is best. Even if I had an inch solely underneath it would still give flow. Wheels are turning.

I'm curious to see how that goes for you. Have you had problems with phosphates before? And how do you get a phosphate problem to begin with? I have no clue.

Aha! Just thought about it. I'll try the Dollar Tree tomorrow for some plastic baskets, that are baskets all around w/ no hard bottom. That should be perfect.

Sorry to highjack the thread back there: but ya the jebao pump is much gentler on w1 s3. Less sand dunes lol.

Your getting uncured aquacultured rock fresh from Florida, well that's cool. I think the water never there gets below 68 degrees even in winter,

I'm trying to figure out what your plan is for the baskets? curious.

Baskets face down, put the rocks on top so there's even flow everywhere to get to the undersides as well. I figure once it's laying in the sand it may slow down the die off underneath. I thought I heard you should try to do this. I could be totally wrong. Makes sense to me though.

I'm thinking I can use the dremel to cut the baskets in half, they don't need to be so high and spread 'em out a little.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/001_zps0e7bc9cd.jpg.html'>001_zps0e7bc9cd.jpg

Those baskets are so cool...like little milk crates. That should work out perfectly for you. You can peek through and see what's popping out at the bottom of the rock this way.

Archived