Top Shelf Aquatics

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Great stuff! That Lime Welso is nice!

That rainbow is really nice! B)

Good choices!

I was going to pick one and then I'm like, no, if you can't decide btw them take both!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meet my new babies! Without a doubt we know Morgan's pictures are much, much better but I can tell they're not altered and will look just as pretty when acclimated.

Lime welso to be 4.5 - 5" open.

005_zps442be38e.jpg

limeswirlwellsophyllia_zpsa130e266.jpg

Rainbow to be 2.5" open.

006_zps9f19b96b.jpg

SunsetRainbowTrachy_zpsdf52cfa5.jpg

WOW!!!! :wub:

Meet my new babies! Without a doubt we know Morgan's pictures are much, much better but I can tell they're not altered and will look just as pretty when acclimated.

Awesome choices!!!!!! :wub:

Lime welso to be 4.5 - 5" open.

005_zps442be38e.jpg

limeswirlwellsophyllia_zpsa130e266.jpg

Rainbow to be 2.5" open.

006_zps9f19b96b.jpg

SunsetRainbowTrachy_zpsdf52cfa5.jpg

and now updated pics after the lights were off. I already feel like a nervous mama!

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/011_zps0a5a2568.jpg.html'>011_zps0a5a2568.jpg

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/012_zpseda0a17c.jpg.html'>012_zpseda0a17c.jpg

Thanks everybody for the compliments on the corals, however, my compliments go to Morgan though for donating the wonderful raffle prize.

Looking real good. The lime wellso should start to color up more in lower light, it was getting a bit too much light under the led in the tank that is was in. I'm sure if you feed it a few time it will puff up like crazy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Morgan

Looking real good. The lime wellso should start to color up more in lower light, it was getting a bit too much light under the led in the tank that is was in. I'm sure if you feed it a few time it will puff up like crazy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Morgan

Morgan- is this good placement? I have the blues on 100% but the whites only at 50% right now. I'm thinking I can move the lime an inch over to the right. It's 1 Kessil A350W up there so they are on the outskirts and not directly under.

001_zpsa2c9692c.jpg

002_zpsba77152e.jpg

Looks great, Annette! I would move the lime to the right a little more just to be safe. I have my open brain in that same corner, out of direct light and it's loving life :).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm envious of your acan garden! Everything looks great.

Those trumpets don't bother the acans at all? I've always been scared to park those things next to anything.

I'm envious of your acan garden! Everything looks great.

Those trumpets don't bother the acans at all? I've always been scared to park those things next to anything.

So far they haven't bothered. I didn't know they would. Down in front below the trumpets I have a bowerbanki acan that seems unharmed and growing. What's also growing like crazy now are aptasia. I need to take control of it.

Aiptasia will be the death of me....I just picked up a peppermint shrimp and he's been nibbling on them (I think). I wish I would've just taken care of the few I had a couple months ago. Shoot them with lemon juice!

Aiptasia will be the death of me....I just picked up a peppermint shrimp and he's been nibbling on them (I think). I wish I would've just taken care of the few I had a couple months ago. Shoot them with lemon juice!

I have a friend that is isolating a couple coral rocks at a time in a 10g w/ light, etc and letting peppermint shrimp go at it. Left alone w/o anything else to eat apparently they really love aptasia but alas I don't have a sep light to do that. I'm thinking of getting some berghias since at this point I have like 20 aptasia of various sizes in the tank. I let it go too long. It was like 3-4 for mos, then the last few they took a spurt.

that acan island is awesome!!

Thanks, they really love it there. Next up is I'm ordering a BH90 Reef Octopus HOB skimmer as this Aquaticlife is too small and it's not pulling what it needs to when I use the baster on the sand. Lots comes up. And when I do that I'm also going to remove the sand in the mid section of the sump and put some of the seachem denitrate or pond matrix I have leftover from the 60.

is that the grand paly in the back? that thing is huge!!

Yep, bought from Woos. I now just remember you asked me about them before, back in late Sept. You said you were glad I got them, they were in your cart for a couple days. Had 3 heads, barely a 4th. Now has 5 heads.

Ordered the Reef Octopus BH90 HOB skimmer for my sump.

I ordered 6 Berghia Nudibranches from SaltyUnderground so we'll see how that goes. I tried killing them when they were small but they'd return so hopefully these guys will do the trick, as much as I've seen on their site. I do have 3 small ones on one rock downstairs in the anemone tank w/ one anemone on it but that I can take out and put some Aptasia Rx on as they're small and I'll saturate it well.

Still haven't bought a replacement ATO for this tank yet though after the Tunze broke downstairs and then I bought the Smart ATO and the sensor turned off 2 sec after I turned it on. Just don't know who to go with. Spend 150-200 for crap that doesn't work. I don't have money to keep blowing. And those are supposed to be the best ones. It's frustrating.

Archived