Top Shelf Aquatics

Let's see those Scoly's! Scoly show off thread.

HOTWATER

This is still the best Scoly in my book.

image-13.jpg

Scoly hax!

Btw how often or how much should I be feeding my scoly? I've been giving it tiny pieces of meat every other day.

• Like 1

image-13.jpg

Yup best scoly we never got to see in person................ sad...............

Lulu is back... I guess for a while now. I didn't recognize the name, good to see you starting up again.

Thanks man.

Scoly hax! Btw how often or how much should I be feeding my scoly? I've been giving it tiny pieces of meat every other day.

What kind of meat? Feed it every week.

So..... I'll admit I'm not well versed on scolies, but what exactly is a "master" scoly???

Inquiring minds would like to know.......

Master scoly is a UFO scoly (Purple ring) with red stripes like a Bleeding apple.

9copy.jpg

image-13.jpg

That thing is sick!!!

• Like 2

I would say once every 4-7 days is fine for it to recover.

Ok it opened up for the first time yesterday so I guess it's going well. I've been seeing puff up early in the mornings as well.

• Like 1

I know this isn't a scoly, but I saw this new awesome mushroom today and I thought of Lawnmans' pic he posted:

skullcandy_mushroom_discosoma.jpg

Whaddya think???

Here's more info on it:

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/11/13/skullcandy-discosoma-mushroom-anemone/

BTW, Cherry Corals had 3 of these at $300 bucks each and all 3 are sold!!

Yeah seen it happen already. I could've bought it when it wasn't sold yet but I didn't and now I regret it fully...really didn't think it would sell so quick. It sold in only a few hours. "CC Skullcandy" mushies

Yeah seen it happen already. I could've bought it when it wasn't sold yet but I didn't and now I regret it fully...really didn't think it would sell so quick. It sold in only a few hours. "CC Skullcandy" mushies

And to think...... They had 3 of them!!!

It's a beautiful piece, but no where $300 nice!

• Like 2

Call cherry corals and ask if they will have anymore.

Doubt they do.

And to think...... They had 3 of them!!!

It's a beautiful piece, but no where $300 nice!

Yeah, $900 sales that afternoon. It's a really nice piece....I believe it's hard for those to come by designating the high price.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
MainelyReefer

Not much scoly love on nanoreef.  Rather than start a redundant new thread I will just use this one(even though most buckets of photos can't be seen anymore).  Sometimes I find myself scouring Craigslist for Coral yet most of the time come up empty handed, well this past Thursday was the exception and I got a rescue scoly for 20$.  Here it is in the bag

IMG_3726.thumb.JPG.f09c4a3115c6edf323f168d8926decf3.JPG

Top down showing tissue recession, is it possible the seller was burying the flesh on the uneven side to make it more round?IMG_3198.thumb.jpg.ef316c681cdf28a1f3854bf22d7fd095.jpg

the color in person is a bright orange/red with black/dark purple stripes and baby blue dots that look white in photos.  IMG_3734.thumb.JPG.1be6d2e0a283d46fcdec358dac0581cb.JPG

Hungry ScolyIMG_3732.thumb.JPG.0fdfcfc15692a41c2fcba69d0ff8bd2c.JPG

bleeding apple and new scoly just putting their feeders out for the night IMG_3733.thumb.JPG.0998e33f095acad5300fc04e6e11e215.JPG