SaltCritters.com

Trav's Mr. Aqua 7.5g (Now Making Waves!)

Travis

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pod populations seem to have exploded in the tank. Right now, I'll bet there are a few hundred on the glass alone.

What do you guys think this means in terms of my cycle? No diatoms anywhere, crystal clear water and no dead anything lol. Haven't lost a single member if my cuc.

Few updates...

Finally got a work light over the sump.

The light is a battery operated 1w single led with a detachable magnetic base. Basically I can use it as a fixture and as a hand held flash light.

vavepyjy.jpg

ju5aru8y.jpg

Also, we went a head and purchased a small occ. clownfish. Cute little guy, very healthy. I was able to get him to eat frozen mysis and pellet food. My kids named him Gussy

tyvyneqy.jpg

Really really cool tank dude! I really like the dimensions of it! Can't wait for the coral order to be in there! I have a very similar build, it's an 8g sumped. It's been running for about a month and a half.. I'm following along!

Really really cool tank dude! I really like the dimensions of it! Can't wait for the coral order to be in there! I have a very similar build, it's an 8g sumped. It's been running for about a month and a half.. I'm following along!

Thanks! What's the link to your thread do I can check it out?

that setup looks awesome. what did you skin the stand with? plastic?

It's Powder Coated silver/grey

looks nice..success ..

Thanks!

Yay! Travis!! Looks great so far :)

Than you! how have you been? It's been a long time huh?

Great Mr Aqua build! How are you liking the drain setup? Are you getting the flow you want/need with the 3/4" and airhole in the elbow? I went with 1" no airhole and have always wanted maybe just a little more draining power. Has the airhole sped up your draining speed?

Great Mr Aqua build! How are you liking the drain setup? Are you getting the flow you want/need with the 3/4" and airhole in the elbow? I went with 1" no airhole and have always wanted maybe just a little more draining power. Has the airhole sped up your draining speed?

It's sufficient for my needs, but if the tank was any bigger I would want it bigger. I don't have a drilled hole for the overflow, I use a threaded T and cap to regulate the airflow with a twist up or down.

Last fts before corals! They are supposed to ship Thursday.

2B6AF33F-03C6-4CC5-A01C-660B85DAEC32.jpg

I'm pretty pumped to see the coral in the tank. It looks good! I am a fan of the longer more shallow tanks. Pics when coral acclimate!! ?

Thanks!

Archived