Cultivated Reef

Trav's Mr. Aqua 7.5g (Now Making Waves!)

Travis

Well, just placed the order over on marine depot for my Mr. Aqua 7.5g Bowfront.

I'll be logging the tanks progress on this thread.

The plan...

-Build and powder coat a custom metal stand with built on light fixture. Going to use a single rapid led par38 12 led bulb.

-Build 10g sump utilizing a Mag 3 return pump and tune 9002 doc skimmer.

-Drill Mr. Aqua 7.5g Bowfront for 1 drain to the sump and one return from the sump.

Stay tuned for a plethora of pics. Most of my updates be via pics, I'm just lazy like that lol.

Order placed for plumbing at glass holes. Also ordered the par38 bulb with rapid led.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone.

Glass-holes.com shipped out my order today and refunded part of my shipping due to the fact that the shipping price I was quoted was higher than it ended up actually costing them to ship it.

I don't know about y'all, but that sure makes me want to place all of my plumbing orders with those guys. Most retailers would have just pocketed the difference.

We'll got board waiting on parts to arrive so I thought I would mock up my sump. It's going to have the tunze nano doc 9002 in the intake section, overflowing to the refugium, which will be 8.5L x 9 3/4W x 6T. Then it's over to the return section after going through the bubble trap. I'm going to use a mag 3 pump for the return.

What do you guys think?

Hmmm so how do I post pics from my iphone?...

y9y5umud.jpg

Going to use these as base rock. They've been in the shed for a few years now. Going to cook these in distilled water for a few weeks

Thanks

The tank will be delivered tomorrow. Hoping to have the tank drilled and the sump completed by the end of the weekend.

I decided to build the stand out of aluminum instead of steal. It will be lighter and more corrosion resistant over steal. Still plan on having it powder coated as well.

We'll the tank has arrived! A little smaller than expected but it's going to be a bedroom tank anyways.

udy7a6a6.jpg

This tank will be sufficient enough for me to get my feet wet back into the hobby but I've got ideas on a bigger setup in the future for the living room.

I may use this light for the refugium/cabinet light. Excuse the mess on my work desk lol. It's Friday and the cleaning crew comes on Saturday lol.

yjenage9.jpg

ra7yhupy.jpg

This light has a built on splash guard. Runs for about $60 on McMaster-Carr.

Well the silicone hardened faster than expected and I was able to get the rest of the glass in place.

u9ere5as.jpg

Don't laugh at my silicone work lol, it was my first time building a sump.

We'll the final touches have gone on the sump and I've got the tank drilled!

hepa4e8e.jpg

ere3ebag.jpg

dyre2evu.jpg

upyjarut.jpg

aruneza9.jpg

Wasn't particularly happy with the way one of the holes came out but after the gasket on the bulkhead flares out from hand tightening it seals well enough. May have to put a dap of silicone on the chipped area if it leaks during Sundays leak test.

dujyqu2y.jpg

Archived