Coral Vue Hydros

HM's Evil Cluster Build

HM3105

Anyone...?

Looks fine, so long as the top ones are going to the controller, top black one to the controller ground, 16 gauge going to +/- and the bottom ones going to the positive and negative of the leds and each LED connected + to - or vice versa it looks fine.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

72fbf0c3-a1dd-4ed6-b0d1-f5ba13f5b0ee_zps

I need to actually read my Storm X manual, I had it set to "manual" and turned it to 65%, from there it jumped to like 135%, then 230%. I'm sure its user error but who cares it worked!!

Thank you all for your help!

jedimasterben

The numbers aren't percentages (probably, if they are then something is wrong lol), they are probably steps, the Storm X goes to 4096 :)

The completed product!

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/HM3105/media/lightsoff_zps8ced28aa.jpg.html'>lightsoff_zps8ced28aa.jpg

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/HM3105/media/Lights_zps494f6c9d.jpg.html'>Lights_zps494f6c9d.jpg

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/HM3105/media/Lights2_zps186fbf06.jpg.html'>Lights2_zps186fbf06.jpg

I'll update the first post with some more information and more details, maybe it will help someone one day.

Thanks again everyone..

• 5 weeks later...

The numbers aren't percentages (probably, if they are then something is wrong lol), they are probably steps, the Storm X goes to 4096 :)

So Ben, if it goes to 4096, are the steps equivalent to a % of the maximum intensity? i.e. 410 is approx. 10%?

• 1 year later...

Pulling this back up, I'm thinking about doing an upgrade in 2016.

I would like to replace my BXRAs with Vero's, and then add a third cluster.

How many more LDDs would I need to add? I currently have a 5up board from Coralux.

Would I need to upgrade the power supply? Seems like I should be fine here but I want to make sure.

Thoughts on adding lime? I don't really have any complaints about my existing build out, growth is good, color is good so I'm not sure if I would benefit from adding limes.

Thanks in advance for you advice and help.

What was the cost on this diy ?

Between $300 and $400 I think. I could have saved some money if I hadn't bought the stupid reflectors and lenses.

Between $300 and $400 I think. I could have saved some money if I hadn't bought the stupid reflectors and lenses.

Ahah thanks, I was halfway through the links adding them up when I saw you replied.

jedimasterben

Always add lime.

Basically one Vero per LDD since their voltage is high.

Unless you're adding significant wattage, you're fine.

Always add lime.

Basically one Vero per LDD since their voltage is high.

Unless you're adding significant wattage, you're fine.

I was really hoping you were going to say I could run all three Vero's on one LDD because of some JMB know-how.

SO assuming I am measuring the voltage correctly, I would need something like this..

3 LDDs for the Vero's

2 LDDs for the Lux M.

2 LDD for the Violets (I have 12 now so if I add more I would need another LDD)

1 LDD for the Blues

1 LDD for the Cyan

1 LDD for the limes

Well at least its a nice round number!

Can I run a splitter from my Storm X controller so that my Vero's can all be controlled on the same channel or would I need to run three separate channels?

jedimasterben

I was really hoping you were going to say I could run all three Vero's on one LDD because of some JMB know-how.

SO assuming I am measuring the voltage correctly, I would need something like this..

3 LDDs for the Vero's

2 LDDs for the Lux M.

2 LDD for the Violets (I have 12 now so if I add more I would need another LDD)

1 LDD for the Blues

1 LDD for the Cyan

1 LDD for the limes

Well at least its a nice round number!

Can I run a splitter from my Storm X controller so that my Vero's can all be controlled on the same channel or would I need to run three separate channels?

You can run something like 80-90x LDD from a single pin on the Storm X, so you're fine to combine them.

Archived