Coral Vue Hydros

28g Nanocube, Kessil/T5 Supplement . October FTS 2016 update p#9

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

Wow, that looks fantastic! I really like how everything looks so full of movement :wub:

Thanks teeny. Did you see my crazy female maroon clownfish? She's always acting like that.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

Very cool tank...Very cool thread. Ill be following along! :lol:

Thanks! I see that you have a Fusion 10G with a minitide. My minitide will be here at the beginning of the month, so we will have similar tanks!

reefernanoman

So I got a whole bunch of Maroon clown fish fry floating around. So now what? I guess most of them will become food for the LPS and the other corals but not the BTA's?

What can I feed them if I want to save some of them?

OK so I have to feed them live rotifers and it was also mentioned that no filtration can be used! So how do I catch them? they are tiny!

reefernanoman

I have a 2.5g tank laying around that I can set up . It was mentioned that an air stone is all that can be used with fry.

reefernanoman

Saw your shot in the FTS thread- that purple cap is awesome

Thanks! Yeah, it's huuuge! I have to be breaking off pieces because if I don't, it will just cover my whole tank. I even had to isolate it to it's own LR and corner.

• 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

I just sold my hollywood stunner chalice because I didn't know that they have sweeper tentacles that kills anything around it! It looked so peaceful but looks can be deceiving.

reefernanoman

I have always wanted to do this! Make my NC 28G rimless! With a little help of my dremel and a kitchen knife, I just finished and it was a success! I just ordered a Kessil A160w to complete the look.

20150423_113732.jpg20150423_125518.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Your nanocube 28 is my nanocube 28's role model

Yea if mine was still up I agree,but even still it's my 40 gallons role model too.

reefernanoman

Your nanocube 28 is my nanocube 28's role model

Thanks!

Yea if mine was still up I agree,but even still it's my 40 gallons role model too.

Thanks to the second power!

reefernanoman

Corals are looking very nice under the A160we and I have noticed growth from my superman monti. I'm very impressive by this light! Oh that shimmer. Absolutely beautiful colors too! I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow, but my camera struggles with the Kessil, even though it's a DSLR. My GBTA decided to detach itself and landed underneath my prized huge orange monti cap, so I had to dislodge my cap from the rock(the BTA too, but it was easy because the foot was on a plug). I just finished regluing my cap and I'm going to transfer my nem to my other tank.

And I managed not to break a single piece off my orange monti. I love it's huge size and I wanted to keep it that way.

reefernanoman

OK, so the movement this morning of my BTA from my 28g to my 10G was a success. A few pictures of my corals 05/15/15:

IMG_2178.jpgIMG_2180.jpgIMG_2183.jpgIMG_2186.jpgIMG_2187.jpgIMG_2188.jpgIMG_2189.jpg

And the mandatory FTS 05/15/15 :

IMG_2192.jpg

I forgot these two :

IMG_2193.jpgIMG_2199.jpg

This lens on my SL1 is not that good because my corals look much better in person!

HarryPotter

Yeah the 'cap is really beautiful!

You're so good at growing it, you should get a Neon Green one and mix it in! That would look AWESOME with the Kessil :-)

reefernanoman

Yeah the 'cap is really beautiful!

You're so good at growing it, you should get a Neon Green one and mix it in! That would look AWESOME with the Kessil :-)

Neon Green cap? I want to get a purple rim monti cap so bad! Thanks, yeah, that orange cap is an amazing grower!

Dude...your tank is really just excellent. The plating sps looking jazz is really impressive.

Thanks! It got incredibly big on me! Out of nowhere, it became my main display coral.

HarryPotter

There's a member named Gena here selling UNBELIEVALE montipora for a very fair price. She's got all sorts- but seems to specialize in Neon Green and purple.

You should look into it. I would get some but my pocket is bleeding after getting the MP40qd and RMS mount :(

reefernanoman

There's a member named Gena here selling UNBELIEVALE montipora for a very fair price. She's got all sorts- but seems to specialize in Neon Green and purple.

You should look into it. I would get some but my pocket is bleeding after getting the MP40qd and RMS mount :(

Thanks! I'll look into it for sure in the future.

That's really amazing. My sps took forever to get growing and settled. They are going great now but took a year or so. My main attraction is my bubble tip and clowns as they are in the center of the tank. Although, I dropped a penny size algae wafer in the tank today and my serpent banded star is apparently large enough to eat one whole. Kinda freaked me out a bit.

reefernanoman

That's really amazing. My sps took forever to get growing and settled. They are going great now but took a year or so. My main attraction is my bubble tip and clowns as they are in the center of the tank. Although, I dropped a penny size algae wafer in the tank today and my serpent banded star is apparently large enough to eat one whole. Kinda freaked me out a bit.

What light are you using? The maxspect razor nano is it?

Archived