SaltCritters.com

28g Nanocube, Kessil/T5 Supplement . October FTS 2016 update p#9

reefernanoman

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use Purigen because I liked how long it lasted. But when I got copper in my tank I realized that Purigen only takes care of organics while carbon does both. In my 10g I use about a tablespoon of carbon, a teaspoon of gfo, and change it once a month. Let us know how the ChemiPure Blue works!

Update 01/15/2015: Added a Tyree Idaho Grape monti frag this past Sunday.It's weird because with the naked eye, I can't really tell any color other than brown, but the picture shows a little purple. I'm also removing my sand little by little with each water change. Tomorrow I'm changing over to Chemipure blue and will also replace the purigen bag. I'm planning to leave these two in there for three months instead of six like I usually do, since some people think that it's a better to use these items for only eight weeks tops. Do you guys think that going 12 weeks with the same carbon is pushing it? Heck I have been going for 24 weeks before all this time for years.

FTS:

update0115.jpg

Picture of the Tyree Idaho Grape monti:

TyreeIdaho.jpg

Just noticed your FTS on the previous page. It's looking great!

reefernanoman

I used to use Purigen because I liked how long it lasted. But when I got copper in my tank I realized that Purigen only takes care of organics while carbon does both. In my 10g I use about a tablespoon of carbon, a teaspoon of gfo, and change it once a month. Let us know how the ChemiPure Blue works!

Just noticed your FTS on the previous page. It's looking great!

Thanks! I'll let yall know how the CPB works out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Beautiful! That plate is growing fast! :)

Thanks! Yes, it's huge now and I'm always breaking pieces off for fragging. I had to isolate it because it was starting to cover my other corals.

My punk rockers grow like crazy.

Nice. It's a beautiful zoa!

reefernanoman

Got me some people eaters, DC Vamp, and I'm trying to figure out the third zoa name when the lights come on today! Pics later.

reefernanoman

When I brought my punk rocker straight from the store, the colors were wonderful right away, but these new additions are barely open and seem to have lost color after being in a little bag for like 11 hours? Maybe they got stressed while being in my locker at work? My montis were fine after the same circumstances.

reefernanoman

There was a damn asterina starfish right on top of one of my new zoa addition that was not doing so well to begin with! What gives? I threw that little sucker right into the trash, but I have a whole bunch more. I don't know if the zoa is going to make it.

Uh oh, that's not good. Usually when the clean up crew is going after zoas, they are eating something that's going bad on, in, or around the zoas. I have more trouble with zoas than any other kind of coral I've tried so far. I hope they pull through!

reefernanoman

Uh oh, that's not good. Usually when the clean up crew is going after zoas, they are eating something that's going bad on, in, or around the zoas. I have more trouble with zoas than any other kind of coral I've tried so far. I hope they pull through!

Yeah, it's a single polyp frag that was is not looking too good. It's barely opening up. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Update 03/27/15:

Added a RBTA beauty, but it moved from where I put it. The foot was very sticky but it released, so I gently helped it lower towards the bottom of the and it seems to have starting to settle in a spot. My GBTA (which is already in the tank) settled immediately. I have been able to keep my GBTA for over 6 months, so wish me luck!

IMG_2082.jpgIMG_2081.jpg

The gentleman that sold it to me told me that it's a rainbow BTA, but probably all the color don't pop up because I don't have a full spectrum LED light. That will be accomplished with a NB Duo in the future.

It looked like it had more colors in his tank:

IMG_1683.jpg

reefernanoman

03/31/15 update:

So I decided to go 100% SPS dominated reef tank on my 10G, so i went ahead and removed all my Zoas and LPS from the tank into my NC28G. This is the result, which is a pretty loaded NC!:

FTS:

IMG_2113.jpg

Right side:

IMG_2109.jpgIMG_2103.jpgIMG_2102.jpg

And my RBTA settling in:

IMG_2105.jpgIMG_2107.jpg

reefernanoman

Beautiful tank, I love the placement of everything!

Thanks! Now I just have to replace the corals that I took from my 10G and replace them with some nice sps.

Very nicely done! thanks for the video...videos are always better :D

I love videos too. Videos give you that extra dimension that pictures just can't . Thanks.

Archived