Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

28g Nanocube, Kessil/T5 Supplement . October FTS 2016 update p#9

reefernanoman

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

"video is private" :(

Oops. I forgot to click "publish". Thanks for the heads up. Can you see it now?

Apex Jr.- I am totally jealous - what functions are you using?

The following: VDM module to control my Meanwell drivers; controlling the times when my auto top off is on; controlling the return pumps for feed mode and maintenance; controlling the clip on cooling fan. That's about it for now. I still have an outlet free. No heater in my tank, since it's always between 80-81 degrees.

Oops. I forgot to click "publish". Thanks for the heads up. Can you see it now? The following: VDM module to control my Meanwell drivers; controlling the times when my auto top off is on; controlling the return pumps for feed mode and maintenance; controlling the clip on cooling fan. That's about it for now. I still have an outlet free. No heater in my tank, since it's always between 80-81 degrees.
Does the junior allow for any leak detection?

Nice vid- your Monti caps are nice!

reefernanoman

Does the junior allow for any leak detection?

Yes, but I think that you have to buy the device that sits underneath your tank or carpet and a module(not 100% sure).

• 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Since I have a MP10, I decided to buy the RF module to make it wireless(on its way) and picked up a used WXM module from a local reefer for $65 with the original box. So my Apex will be able to take control of my pump soon. I'm glad, since it's kind of a pain to be pressing the button on the MP10 controller for feed mode.The WXM module looks new:

20141228_065834.jpg

reefernanoman

Mission complete. MP10 now wireless and already being controlled by my Apex Jr. It takes less than 5 minutes:

IMG_20150104_082156.jpg

reefernanoman

Really nice looking tank dude!!!

Thanks! It would look better if I didn't have two partial crashes during the last 2 and a half years (my fault in both cases).

Thanks! It would look better if I didn't have two partial crashes during the last 2 and a half years (my fault in both cases).

Well, everything have a reason, with the look that your tank have now, I guess you learned well from your crashes ! :)

reefernanoman

Well, everything have a reason, with the look that your tank have now, I guess you learned well from your crashes ! :)

Thanks. We all have messed up here. Where is Quebec city in California?

Thanks. We all have messed up here. Where is Quebec city in California?

Nahh, Quebec City is in the province of Quebec in Canada! :) That's the reason why sometime my english writing can look kinda weirdo! ahah I'm originaly french :-)

reefernanoman

Nahh, Quebec City is in the province of Quebec in Canada! :) That's the reason why sometime my english writing can look kinda weirdo! ahah I'm originaly french :-)

Oh OK. Sorry for confusing Cali with Canada lol. It must be cold out there right now huh? It must be, since it's been very cold even here in TX!.

Sweet tank man. I totally understand on the crashes been there done that, as much as it sucks atleast they were your fault and not something completely out of your control..... you can learn from your mistakes ;)

Anyways looks good, hopefully the next 2.5 years will be alot better for it :)

Oh OK. Sorry for confusing Cali with Canada lol. It must be cold out there right now huh? It must be, since it's been very cold even here in TX!.

It is! Snow storm right now and -20 degrees

reefernanoman

It is! Snow storm right now and -20 degrees

brrrrr. Bone chill!

Sweet tank man. I totally understand on the crashes been there done that, as much as it sucks atleast they were your fault and not something completely out of your control..... you can learn from your mistakes ;)

Anyways looks good, hopefully the next 2.5 years will be alot better for it :)

Thanks! Yeah, I know exactly what happened and what to do to prevent try to prevent it next time.

reefernanoman

I caught my peppermint shrimp eating my yellow polyps this morning, last time it was a frog spawn head, so I captured him and he is being evicted! So what do I do with him now? I can't give him away because of his behavior. He was well fed too. Never again.

I caught my peppermint shrimp eating my yellow polyps this morning, last time it was a frog spawn head, so I captured him and he is being evicted! So what do I do with him now? I can't give him away because of his behavior. He was well fed too. Never again.

What did you end up doing with the peppermint? I put mine in watched him for one night and he is gone- almost two weeks now

reefernanoman

love the tank man

Thanks!

How's the tank doing? Any pic updates?

It's doing pretty well. I bought a Tyree Idaho grape monty frag. Pictures tomorrow. And I think that my BTA is splitting.

What did you end up doing with the peppermint? I put mine in watched him for one night and he is gone- almost two weeks now

I gave him away to my friend that just got into reefing with a Fusion 20G

reefernanoman

Update 01/15/2015: Added a Tyree Idaho Grape monti frag this past Sunday.It's weird because with the naked eye, I can't really tell any color other than brown, but the picture shows a little purple. I'm also removing my sand little by little with each water change. Tomorrow I'm changing over to Chemipure blue and will also replace the purigen bag. I'm planning to leave these two in there for three months instead of six like I usually do, since some people think that it's a better to use these items for only eight weeks tops. Do you guys think that going 12 weeks with the same carbon is pushing it? Heck I have been going for 24 weeks before all this time for years.

FTS:

update0115.jpg

Picture of the Tyree Idaho Grape monti:

TyreeIdaho.jpg

Nice tank! If you aren't having any nutrient problems with your current scheme of activated carbon use then I don't see any reason to change it. I like to switch out my carbon every two months.

reefernanoman

Nice tank! If you aren't having any nutrient problems with your current scheme of activated carbon use then I don't see any reason to change it. I like to switch out my carbon every two months.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll shoot for 3 months and go from there. I have to be cleaning the glass every day and most people say that it's a sign that your carbon is spent.

Archived