Innovative Marine Aquariums

GtTap 75 (Keeping It Reef)

GtTap

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will. I had paint on there but it peel off when it gets real wet so i wasn't sure if i wanted to pain the back or use one of those stick on from petco. My other crazy idea was to paint cardboard and then stick it to back of tank lol that way i can change it out with ease.

Love your low scape dude!

Thanks man i need to play around with the rocks on the right a little but the center piece will stay like this.

the black back looks awesome! how are you liking the LEDs?

They are ok i wish i got leds with a controller. Its hard trying to tune these leds to the right spectrum and not risk burning up my corals.

But T5 just make corals look way better maybe that's because you don't get the spot lighting effect.

LED's look great!!!! I love your rock scape. It makes the tank look really spacious. Lots of room for your SPS to grow :)

Thanks. My plan was to have sps on top and lps/ softies on the sand and lower parts of rock.

They are ok i wish i got leds with a controller. Its hard trying to tune these leds to the right spectrum and not risk burning up my corals.

But T5 just make corals look way better maybe that's because you don't get the spot lighting effect.

i agree with you there. sometimes i miss the radion, but comparing it to halides. halides blow it out of the water. i don't think i've found the right t5 bulb combo either.

i agree with you there. sometimes i miss the radion, but comparing it to halides. halides blow it out of the water. i don't think i've found the right t5 bulb combo either.

Are you running halids now.

yep

current ati 6x39w is: 4 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 purple+

but i'm gonna change it to 3 blue+, 2 coral+, 1 KZ Fiji purple

Nice. I have a question about sps i cant figure out the difference between a milli and acro. I dont know why the purple one starting to look red either WTF shits so damn stressful.

Nice. I have a question about sps i cant figure out the difference between a milli and acro. I dont know why the purple one starting to look red either WTF shits so damn stressful.

a milli is an acro.

acropora millepora

i had trouble with purple too. this may help you:

http://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/03/guide-of-sps-coral-coloration-make-them-more-vivid-bright/

Lmaoo silly me. So why do the LFS put milli and acro throwing me off.

i'm not sure. lol

millepora's are probably my favorite SPS. with so many different colors i could do a whole tank of mille lol

i'm not sure. lol

millepora's are probably my favorite SPS. with so many different colors i could do a whole tank of mille lol

Yea mille are awesome great colors and i love watching a little fuzzy bush. Lmaoo no pun intended.

1- Need some help should i turn my other 20 long into a sump/frag tank

2- Get another 10 gallon and drill it and mount it on a stand behind and above my sump use a T so my return pumps water into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh WOW !!!!

You are SO talented. Those are really good!

Thanks. I should have became an artist but instead ive been serving the country for 10 years now.

Archived