Cultivated Reef

College 40B. Ruby Red!

Archaic37

Work wont let me see the pics :(. I love your build btw.

Heres a list:

3 bottles reef fusion alk

4 bottles reef fusion calc

Gallon jug of kent marine magnesium

Calc, alk and mag salkfert test kits

2 100W heaters

Bone cutters

Scalpel and.blades

5lbs dry rock

Formula 2 flakes

Aiptasia X

Chemiclean

Purple up

Turkey baster

Tweezers

Frag plugs

Super glue

Perfect timing with all the dosing stuff since ive been looking into starting dosing.

And thanks for the complkment on the tank. Im waiting for a gift card for lowes to arrive so i can make a 48" stand because I really do not like mine

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get acans eat basically whatever is near their mouth but a dwarf cerith? Really?

That is one of the acans I got from Glenn in the recent acan frag pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow the pattern on that clown is stunning..sweet reflection shot as well. How's the gf's tank coming along?

The clown is a da vinci A, my favorite morph. the opposite side has big white dot near the tail

I can't take credit for either of those shots my gf did, but her photography class had a project on reflections so I showed how to do one real quick.

As for the nano it is "dry" the tank is empty, hasn't been drilled and I still need drivers for the lights, baffles in the sump, a return pump, bulkheads, locline and a heater lol

The rock on the other hand has been cycling in a bucket for the past 3 weeks. It will be mostly zoas, clove polyps and some sort of euphylia and maybe a hardy SPS for the top sections

ThfCk1h.jpg

That fish looks amazing. How big is it?

Adorbs

Rubio is about 1.5" and Picasso the Da Vinci clown is about 2". My other clown, Leo the Picasso clown, is probably 3" so Leo is the female. I am hoping they lay a clutch of eggs I would love to see what a Picasso Da Vinci (percula/ocellaris) cross looks like

Here is Leo the picasso. She has a bunch of black marks on her from hosting something, but I can't figure out what she is hosting/touching.

14054858972_42be9b553c_h.jpg

Sweet, Da ViCasso clowns in the future! :D

If they are a sweet morph I want to name the morph Dali as in the artist Salvador Dali. Gotta keep that artistic theme lol

• 2 weeks later...
Legendary Corals

I had no idea you were here on nano-reef! Tank look spectacular and those photos are drool worthy...

I had no idea you were here on nano-reef! Tank look spectacular and those photos are drool worthy...

The cataclysm is hiding behind the golden Dragon on the right and the micro is up front left. They're such nice pieces I can't wait for them to grow out more

Legendary Corals

The cataclysm is hiding behind the golden Dragon on the right and the micro is up front left. They're such nice pieces I can't wait for them to grow out more

Ah, I see them! If you ever take a photo of them let me know and I'll permanently leave them on our website for people to drool.

I can see why you need that upgrade soon. And darn you for winning the doser! I wanted it.

Ah, I see them! If you ever take a photo of them let me know and I'll permanently leave them on our website for people to drool.

I can see why you need that upgrade soon. And darn you for winning the doser! I wanted it.

I will get a picture of them sometime! Plus I won the lilac orchids from the MAX donations and just picked them up the other day they're awesome.

The best part about the doser is my gf pulled the ticket, people gave us dirty looks lol and then I won the BRS 2 part later on which I also needed since I was running out of seachem fusion lol

Wow! What a wonderful tank you have! Is this tank in a college dorm? Or do you have an apartment or live at home and commute to school?

Wow! What a wonderful tank you have! Is this tank in a college dorm? Or do you have an apartment or live at home and commute to school?

I have a house a couple miles away from campus. Most students live off campus since it is very cheap and you get a large house.

• 1 month later...

How's your tank doing?

Doing good. I fought a unknown algae bloom for a few days. It got so.bad I couldn't see 3 inches into the water but it literally disappeared overnight. It started to happen again recently and I figured out the cause. When I wash my socks in the washing machine I do 1 load with bleach then another just water so there's something in the washing machine that doesn't go away and gets in my tank.

The corals didn't mind the bloom though which I found odd.

Also I won a chevron tang at a frag swap!

The nano light I got from you is finally going over a 20L. The tank is up and running I just need my typhon to show up. Its going to be a LPS softy tank and my 70 (40b is coming down in a few months) Will be sps exclusive.

14559404974_fc61f5ddd8_b.jpg

this was basically the worst. It was somehow photsynthetic I think. My filter socks would clog within 12 hours and they would act as a breeding ground for whatever it was and make it worse. I ended up resolving it with a 1 day black out and some carbon.

The second time it happened was this weekend. I figured it out this weekend that is was my filter socks because I had just washed them right before it happened both times and both times I ran the washing machine twice, first time with bleach second without. This weekend I washed my socks by hand in a bucket of bleach and water then ran them in the dryer and it went away on its own. So there must be something in my washing machine.

14560207422_d230da7ecb_b.jpg

I am going to get a second light identical to the one thats on there. It should be plenty of light for zoas and LPS.

Oh dang that looks nasty, I always read about people washing their socks in the washer, even with double cycles i would never put anything that goes in my tank in there. Way too much chemicals and what not from the detergent and the clothes etc that you wash to risk. I ran a sock for a couple weeks when I first setup my tank and took it out when it got dirty and just never put it back in. Can't wait to see your 70 setup, what light are you gonna put over that? I still need to solder/hookup my BlueFish lol been swamped, hopefully this long weekend I will get it up and running.

Archived