inTank Media Baskets

120 4x2x2 What do I need?

Budes45

Ordered all my components and hope to start working on assembly next week. Thanks for the help so far and I'm sure I may have a few more questions as I go.

• 2 weeks later...

Began assembly and so far going smooth. Questions:

Where are you mounting your drivers on the heat sink or remotely?

If I mount the driver on the heat sink I will not be able to place the fan exactly opposite (above / other side) of the lumia is that an issue?

I have seen many use CAT 5 cable to run the wires from drivers is that adequate for this application?

Thanks!

Began assembly and so far going smooth. Questions:

Where are you mounting your drivers on the heat sink or remotely?

If I mount the driver on the heat sink I will not be able to place the fan exactly opposite (above / other side) of the lumia is that an issue?

I have seen many use CAT 5 cable to run the wires from drivers is that adequate for this application?

Thanks!

I'm mounted my drivers on a pc board.

It's separate from the heatsink. I'm using the Nuventix heatsink and fan combo. Its the rectangular 5"x4" 82 watt model. I haven't powered it up yet, if it runs cool I may switch to the 70 watt cylindrical heat sink for looks.

Belden rates their Cat5e at 300 volts max and 1.5 amps max.

Wikipedia states the standard for Cat5e is 125volts and .577 amps.

I would check the ratings of your specific cable

• 2 months later...

Getting close to installing the lights and have a question on controller settings. I'm going from a 175 MH15k and a 250 MH 15k what would you set the lights at for a break in? I don't have a par meter I'm just looking for a good starting point. I'm using a Storm X controller.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Finally installed my 5.1 over the tank, and I'm totally impressed and could not be happier with look of the tank. I have all five channels set just below 1000 on the StromX and will slowly increase them over the next few weeks. Once the lights come on today Ill post some pics.

I also want to thank everyone who answered my questions and helped me through this project.

Adam

Archived