inTank Media Baskets

el_ote's 20 Long

el_ote

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.9dkh, 420ppm Ca, 1350ppm Mg. pretty stable at these numbers. Ca and Mg barely drop between water changes and alk drops about .25dkh per day. I added a half dose kalk per gallon to my ato (my ato pump pumps too much too fast and im afraid to overdose kalk)

now I hope to keep this frag pack coming in growing and growing!!!

damn cpr overflow got air in it and the dang aqualifter had a clog... luckily the trickle able to go down meant only a little bit of water over flowed the edge.

of course I had a pre filter, but of course I hadn't hooked it up yet...

good thing my ato also kicked in about a gallon of water to the mess... WITH kalk... only about .4dkh rise since I run it so diluted. but my sg was at 1.024 and I try to keep it at 26...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im only just over a year on this tank so i wanna keep it longer, but i DID build my stand to the 40 breeder footprint...

also, the 50 & 65 have the same footprint so i may try to save and get one of those!

this guy stays about the size of a quarter and will only catch a fish if both its fins fall off!!! he's really fun to watch try and grab food. im thinking of adding another. Liveaquaria shows a black and white one id like to find locally. maybe some sexy shrimp and a skunk cleaner as well.

2014-04-19%2000.45.13_zps2wgmnkrd.jpg

got my wave action going!

Ok man educate me on this thing....

I went through your whole thread and saw at least three or four different powereheads in the tank and multiple placement options etc... I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 20H or the newere jaebo rw4. Please tell me how the wp10 has worked out on your tank etc and your honest opinion about the pump... Thanks!!!

Ok man educate me on this thing....

I went through your whole thread and saw at least three or four different powereheads in the tank and multiple placement options etc... I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 20H or the newere jaebo rw4. Please tell me how the wp10 has worked out on your tank etc and your honest opinion about the pump... Thanks!!!

wanna know the same

Honestly, id like more flow. I have gone with a bunch of different pumps, and right now im using the wp10 and either a 425 or 750 koralia, the numbers wore off the pump so im not sure what i ended up with.

we have a wp25 in our office tanks (40 gallon 30"w)and im pretty sure one of those would be perfect for my 20 long. i would have to dial it back, but i think thats better than wishing id have more flow.

they do lose flow if you dont clean them often, the wp10 & wp25, and im always surprised how well they do once cleaned, but the 25's still have enough umph to make a nice wave even dirty.

i do though sometimes just unplug the koralia in my 20L and let the wp10 go at it by itself because ive been told that "I like a lot of flow", and it makes me think i may have too much...

hope this helps.

doser is keeping me steady at 8.3dkh. I was thinking of raising it to about 10, but even my finicky favia have started to plump up so im not going to mess with a good thing. man I wish I had this sooner!

I got the BRS 1.1ml doser. found it used here for a great price shipped. i love the classifieds here. i already had a digital timer with two separate on/off times so i broke up my 3 mins dose into one 1 min and a 2 min dose in the middle of the night. seriously a great buy. and a necessity for my tank.

8.3dkh steady all week long now with immediate visible improvement from my acans and now my favias are looking better than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_2014-11-09-13-35-58_zpsfxrne7

status update.

mag drops so little, I let it go before readding, ill have to stay more on top of that. I dont really like adding the max 100ppm per day

Archived