Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First time clam owner

dragonxflare

I've been reading up on clams for quite some time, and decided to finally get one.

mdFVmfI.jpg

I read that they can do decent in the sand, but do a lot better with a rock base. I went ahead and created a small rock platform so it can attach itself to the rock, I also placed another rock on it to keep the clam in place, just in case.

I just put him in a few hours ago, and it's opening up a bit, but not fully. How long does it normally take a new clam to fully open up? Its about 2" big, give or take.

Its currently on the bottom of the tank, but directly under my Kessil 360w (currently 65% lighting)

The tank I put this in has been up for about 8 months, I am waiting for my new tank I set up recently to mature a bit more before I switch it over (if I decide to)

• 3 weeks later...

Your clam looks great but give it time and try not too move it much that will put stress on it think in nature once the clam larva attaches to a spot it stays there for life and nature knows best and consistency of your parameters will do it justice but keep up the good work it's beautiful

Archived