Cultivated Reef

GHill762

what are the expected lifespans of various tridacna clams in the wild? what about in the home aquaria (assuming it's a healthy specimen, stable tank, etc)?

Very long. Wikipedia lists Tridacna Gigas to have a lifespan of "100 years or more". Other species of Tridacna will likely have similar lifespans. Thus, I would conclude that the death of a clam in aquaria is unlikely to be natural. Real experts may have a better answer though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Clams can easily under the right conditions out live you and your children speaking of that a clam was found (fresh water) in Iceland by

Scientists, it was said to be over 400 years old

Mr. Microscope

I can see it now a bunch of broads rubbing clams (unfortunately not the kind that would be actually fun to watch....) all over their face trying to stay youthful appearing LOL

LOL! Holy crap dude. Brilliant! Haha!

Though, it wouldn't surprise me to see some anti-aging hokus pokus with ground up tridacna in it.

LOL! Holy crap dude. Brilliant! Haha!

Though, it wouldn't surprise me to see some anti-aging hokus pokus with ground up tridacna in it.

Naw, the only reason to ground it all up would be to smoke it.... now theres an idea, put down the rock and pick up a shell.

Unfortunately there is still no good substitute for meth :(

Mr. Microscope

Naw, the only reason to ground it all up would be to smoke it.... now theres an idea, put down the rock and pick up a shell.

Dude..I'm so squammied... LOL
CharlesHend25

Ive had a Maxima clam for over 10 years in 4 tank upgrades before i got rid of it. it just kept getting bigger and bigger without any kind of end in sight. i dont think there is a age limit on clams.

BTW, that giant clam up there looks so delicious

Dude..I'm so squammied... LOL

Lemme know when your ready for that derasa, all the cool seniors are tryin it. But if you really want the good shit, like straight turn you into a baby again, you really need to smoke some of that maxima gold. It's like setting the date on your computer back 30 yrs.

Ive had a Maxima clam for over 10 years in 4 tank upgrades before i got rid of it. it just kept getting bigger and bigger without any kind of end in sight. i dont think there is a age limit on clams.

BTW, that giant clam up there looks so delicious

Yeah I love eatin clams too.... mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm. Although I'm not really a fan of the giant suck your head into the hole types :blink:

CharlesHend25

i heard they were saying how certain marine animals are "immortal". unlike us humans, some marine animals dont have a set number in their DNA which tells them to stop producing brand new cells. hence how we age and weaken as we grow older. im not sure if clams have this too, but im pretty sure they were doing the study about sea urchins.

BOTH OF WHICH ARE DELICIOUS AS WELL!!

icedearth15324

i heard they were saying how certain marine animals are "immortal". unlike us humans, some marine animals dont have a set number in their DNA which tells them to stop producing brand new cells. hence how we age and weaken as we grow older. im not sure if clams have this too, but im pretty sure they were doing the study about sea urchins.

BOTH OF WHICH ARE DELICIOUS AS WELL!!

That would essentially be an anemone. An anemone could be considered immortal since it splits to reproduce and those splits keep on living. So even if one died, it would live on.

Archived