inTank Media Baskets

Fluval View (4 gallon) ideas for setup and mods

Maniu

Was curious if anyone is using it, if so:

1. Did you modify filtration or light source?

2. What's your livestock?

3. Anyone with corals in it?

I bought it for $30 (on clearance) last evening on the way to work. My first though was another quarantin tank for my living room set up (hate the hassle of basement Q tank) ..... But then I figure why not try some small reef with light forgiving corals and maybe a micro-goby and dozen of sexy shrimps.... What are your thoughts?

Seriously ??? Am I the pioneer in this department lol Well, I might post some ideas or mods as soon as I figure out what I want this pico to be....frag tank, pico reef, inverts only or just another quarantin tank. Cheers

thesmallerthebetter

I googled it, its an interesting looking tank for sure. not sure how the shape would work for a reef, seems awfully narrow but thatll be half the fun :) looking forward to seeing it progress

• 2 weeks later...

A little update. I haven't finalize on the aquascape yet beside placing some diy rock, thin layer of live sand from my other tank and some macro algae from hob fuge (also added an oversized spare heater which will be replaced with something small enough to go in the fuge). The back wall with cheesy plant print annoys the crap out of me. The solution might be to dress it up with smallest rock rubble so it looks like a solid rock wall. Next thing will be beefing up substrate with few more inches of live sand for bioload, making it a little more sufficient. What puzzles me the most at the moment is how to convert a filtration chamber (which is quite spacious and workable) into a fuge. What I have in mind is to fabricate a slide-in basket like tray that would hold the miracle mud on the buttom, chaeto in the mid section and some sort of fix to hold phosphate micro bags. Lastly, adding extra light source to main display and fuge section.

I googled it, its an interesting looking tank for sure. not sure how the shape would work for a reef, seems awfully narrow but thatll be half the fun :) looking forward to seeing it progress

Yupp, shape is a little odd and narrow as you noticed. Purpose for this tank will probably be a mini frag and/or quarantine tank for cuc, frags and inverts. I will def. keep updating progress of this cutie as it evolves. In the meantime a quick glimpse of it with its first occupants, hermit crab that was picked on by my dragon wresse, frag that I didn't want in my nano tank (colt) and Debelius reef lobster for color.

20130928_191031_zpsca852c2e.jpg

20130928_190657_zpsf190ed50.jpg

• 11 months later...

Archived