inTank Media Baskets

Drama's Biocube

Dramad1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks incredible. Di you ever get the cpr bakpak2 you were looking at?

thank you, seems like every month that goes by, my tank in my eyes looks more and more awesome. It is way more stable now and I have been dosing ca and alk, so those levels remain consistant between wc. I believe this is what is allowing my corals to pop and explode with growth, as well as the zeo products I dose. This tank will remain up and running once the bigger tank is set up. The other two will be taken down unfortunately.

No I didnt even try the cpr skimmer. It is sitting in my storage shed still. To lazy to dig it out. I messed around with the 115 skimmer and it seems to be pulling a consistant amount of crude out weekly now. So I opted to leave it be for now. If I start noticing issues with the tank, I may dig it out.

flat worm exit. I had only a small amount, I think I caught them before they got out of control. I would suck them up when doing wc's, then dip and re dip my corals in revive. Used fwe and then would siphon out as many as I could find. Havent seen any for a while now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few pics after wc. Im currently battling aptasia with a mini majano wand and week to week slowly losing the battle. Wants some berghia nudis to deal with the issue.

cell pics after some cs.

First up acan, developing a rainbow center and yellow rings on the outside

20140928_143225_zpsvsqqcit7.jpg

Some blastos (5 heads now) shroom in the back with some zoas

20140928_143149_zpsf9lcfgsa.jpg

Trying to get a shot of the new growth on the slimer here...

20140928_143134_zpsqbcguhuk.jpg

Sweet shot of my nest, rp and joe the coral...

20140928_143121_zpsgewn0tht.jpg

Tips of my gold torch with duncan and acans in the back....

20140928_143102_zpsogknpdne.jpg

Shroom (ironman I think) and bowerbanki hanging around..

20140928_143043_zpspioxuzry.jpg

Grn milli, setosa and unknown in between the two, grn base with drk purple polyps....

20140928_142942_zps1pp7fi0h.jpg

Wider side view..

20140928_142916_zpsnakmfdg1.jpg

Tanks doing okay minus the aptasia, about a year old now.....:)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Just finished up a 5g wc. Battling aptasia again right now. Just combating it with a majano wand, currently looking for some berghia nudis to deal with them once and for all.

Looking great! Who says LEDs can't grow SPS ;)

Keep up the great work.

-Dave

Thanks Dave, the duo is working great and the corals are loving it. :)
  • 1 month later...

Just did a wc and blew all the rocks off, everything is pissed of right now. I had some coral warfare going between the nest and rp as well as my grn milli shading part of my slimer so I made a few frags.

Tanks doing okay but still battling lil baby aptasia, I really need to get some berghia nudi's.

Top down pics. You can see the rp has doubled in size, coral not bleached-all new growth. Pics are with tank half way drained and corals out of water, no light, flash only on phone.

20141207_121214_zps7rkzlv9l.jpg

20141207_121234_zpsvzfwgmhq.jpg

20141207_121258_zpstfvnesh9.jpg

20141207_121313_zpsvz5wxw9v.jpg

20141207_121324_zpsrkceptna.jpg

20141207_121330_zpsmaepcvql.jpg

20141207_121338_zpshliphzkb.jpg

20141207_121344_zpsb5rfgkbh.jpg

Thanks. I believe the tank is just over a year old. The setosa is always being accidentally fragged, fast grower but very brittle.

reefernanoman
Thanks. Just finished up a 5g wc. Battling aptasia again right now. Just combating it with a majano wand, currently looking for some berghia nudis to deal with them once and for all.

Did you win your battle with aptisia? My peppermint shrimp almost ate all of them, but since I have been feeding the little badstard, he lives right next to the last aptisia left in my tank. Go figure.

Still battling the lil ones every week with the majano wand. I tried a few pep shrimps and my cleaner shrimp killed them with in a half hour.

I was going to order a half dozen berghia nudi's but they were 90$. With all the money I'm throwing at my other build, they will have to wait and I will continue my battle using the wand for now.

I swear every week I spend a few hours killing as many as I can find only to see I have missed a half dozen or so an hour or so later and then I just leave them and they pop off in the tank again.

So far the only corals to be affected by them is my blastos, ( a few latched on its base and were irritating a single head out of 5) killed them. Also a single new baby head on one of my mini acan colonies was being stung by a baby 4 pack. I killed 2 for sure but the other 2, I cant get the right angle with the wand to get them. Boiling water if they continue to sting the baby acan.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I decided to gift myself some Berghia nudis. I figured I was losing the battle and needed some help.

They arrived 10 min ago and I have began the acclimation process. I'm hoping to eliminate the tank once and for all. Once tank is free and clear, Berghia's will go up on the local forum.

Swapped cells twice in the last 5 days so photo bucket is acting weird, hope to resolve prior post pics soon

Bit excited, pics of arrival:

Well I'm having issues a with photo bucket and my new phone. I will try again later

Arrival, box a Lil wet

20141227_103222_zpsqzblrjks.jpg

Heating pad still warm

20141227_103353_zpsszltxaer.jpg

Wetter, got me worried at this point

20141227_103400_zpsgaevvngm.jpg

Bagged and packed in plastic container, :)

20141227_103425_zpsktuhp7ir.jpg

Carefully opened bag so not to smash nudis, all seem alive and well, hard to get a count

20141227_103826_zpspeqotajg.jpg

The start of acclimation process, apron 4 drops per few seconds.

20141227_104127_zpscupdmzv6.jpg

45 mind and I will feed my tank then lights out and introduce Berghia's carefully into tank using pipette

good luck, DRAMA!!!

it's non stop soap opera with these

tanks, isn't it? ha!

i just picked up a feather duster that i love

from AW on xmas eve (best self gift ever!)

and did a fts today after a through scrub yesterday

with wc. :)

Thx's cindy, no joke on the non stop soap opera. I feel like I have battled just about everything with this bc. But I will not give up and I will continue to tuff things out in hopes for a wonderful reef.

Nice pick up on the duster, should be an awesome addition to your tank. I plan heading to aw maybe tomorrow for a new fish addition for my cad tank. Problem is I have a very mean clown that hates anything I put in there. So I'm looking for something a Lil more aggressive to chill him out.... going to have to talk with them about my options

Thx's cindy, no joke on the non stop soap opera. I feel like I have battled just about everything with this bc. But I will not give up and I will continue to tuff things out in hopes for a wonderful reef.

Nice pick up on the duster, should be an awesome addition to your tank. I plan heading to aw maybe tomorrow for a new fish addition for my cad tank. Problem is I have a very mean clown that hates anything I put in there. So I'm looking for something a Lil more aggressive to chill him out.... going to have to talk with them about my options

since my tank is so small, i am very limited

on choice as far as size but also, non aggressive

fishies. i've even steered clear of clowns! good luck!!

new fishie is always fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Slowly winning the aptasia battle. The Berghia's seem to be eradicating them but alot slower than I was expecting. I have been helping them along by zapping the larger ones with my Maja no wand.

Since introducing the Berghia's to the tank, I have only spotted one and I really had to search a while for him, they only become active at night. I am worried my tanaka's wrasse may try and pick them off. He used to murder my dwarf certh's all the time. Every night I try searching around for them. Even though I fail to spot them, I am seeing a reduction in numbers on specific rocks that were becoming over grown with aiptasia. Good sign cause I can not wait to have finally won this battle.

Here is a random non sense pic of my tank and stand, lights out for now and tank is awaiting the zeozym you see in the container on the top of the tank. I have to shake that container every 30mins for 6-8 hours before pouring into the tank :(, this is why I want to pick up a magnetic stirrer, gonna have to wait a while longer as I picked up some cool new gadgets for my new build...:),I love gadgets!

20150108_181124_zpsbz35pq0p.jpg

Archived