SaltCritters.com

Pacific East Aquaculture's Coral Concierge

PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

My name is Alyssa and I would like to introduce myself! I have worked with Dr. Mac and his team at Pacific East Aquaculture for a few years now and I am excited to say that I will be the primary person posting on all of the forums that we sponsor from now on. I have traveled a lot for Dr. Mac attending frag swaps and shows all over the United States! I started working with P.E.A. during college and just completed my degree in Marine Biology this past May. I have started full-time with Dr. Mac as Pacific East Aquaculture's "Coral Concierge". Any question that you may have about any of our livestock I will be more than happy to answer. I have also work for the Smithsonian in one of their Chemical Ecology/ Water Chemistry labs, where I gained a great deal of experience with a lot of different aspects of marine water chemistry. Through college most of my independent research was primarily focused on water chemistry and many different areas of coral research.

Georgia Aquarium
Image3_zps7408b708.jpg

My fiance Kyle (Pacific East Aquaculture's Director of Aquaculture) and I behind the scenes at the Georgia Aquarium's large reef tank
Image1_zps760c994c.jpg

Reba and I
Image2_zps854f765d.jpg

PacificEastAquaculture

Some folks have asked what does a Coral Concierge do?

Basically, my job is just like that of a concierge at a high end hotel. I help you in any way I can to make your experience with PEA the best it possibly can be! That means I will be following up with you when you place your order, the day you receive it, a couple weeks later and so on. Plus, I want to know everything I can about your tank and how I can help you make it the ultimate reef you want. I can also help you find anything that you want! Customer Service at Pacific East Aquaculture has always been of high priority! By creating a Coral Concierge position, customer service at Pacific East Aquaculture will be like no other Aquarium livestock provider. Anything that you are looking for we can get! If we do not already have it in stock we will definitely find exactly what you are looking for. Dr. Mac travels all over the World on a regular basis hand selecting stock for our facility. If there is some you are looking for, just let me know and I will be sure he picks it up for you! You can ask any of our staff members anything you would like. All four of our full-time staff members have degrees in biology and are highly educated in the field. Any of us can answer any questions you may have.

Pacific East Aquaculture has a collection station in French Polynesia where we have been importing many new fish into the Hobby. Some of these fish include the Rare Atavai/ Tahitian Sunset Wrasse, Flame Tail Hawkfish and many others. There are many remote islands of French Polynesia that our collectors collect at where they are finding some really rare fish and clams. French Polynesian also has the highest density of Maxima clams and these clams known to the the most BEAUTIFUL clams in the world! Pacific East Aquaculture is the exclusive importer of the French Polynesian Maxima clams and we supply them to the Wholesalers in the United States and also sell thousands of them retail! We have been culturing Maxima clams in French Polynesian for over two years now and they are recently becoming available to the hobby in this past year! Basically, WE ARE THE CLAM GUYS! In addition to French Polynesia, Dr. Mac has also set up a collection station in the Solomons Islands where we regularly import maricultured colonies of SPS coral. Pacific East Aquaculture is all about sustainability and culturing coral! At our facility we culture thousands of coral species. Much of our SPS coral are cultured in our green house! Our facility is definitely one of kind and well worth a visit! On a weekly basis we have people from all over the country who travel to visit and purchase from our retail facility. If you have checked out our website in a while, take the time to do so. We have a lot of great stock posted and more to come in the next few weeks. We are getting in some pretty large shipments in the coming weeks from all over the World.

I am a hobbyist myself and love to hear about other peoples tanks, what they have them stock with and ect, so feel free to share.

Here are a few pictures of my tanks:

16 gallon Innovative marine nuvo
Image7_zps98c39803.jpg
Image6_zps2b7263ee.jpg
Image5_zps41714ff4.jpg

29 Gallon Mixed Tank
Image8_zpsc81d8cfa.jpg

congrats on the new position, and thanks for introducing yourself... I've never purchased anything from PEA, but I may or may not have drooled on my keyboard a couple times with a full shopping cart..

is that 6 clams in a 16 gallon? you're brave B)

PacificEastAquaculture

Nice to meet ya!

Thank you! Nice to meet you as well!

congrats on the new position! Such a great operation, really one of the best in the industry.

Thank you for the congrats and complements on the facility!

PacificEastAquaculture

congrats on the new position, and thanks for introducing yourself... I've never purchased anything from PEA, but I may or may not have drooled on my keyboard a couple times with a full shopping cart..

is that 6 clams in a 16 gallon? you're brave B)

Thank you for the Congrats! Yes that is 6 clams in a 16 gallon tank:) They have all been doing well! I do 2-3 gallon water changes on the tank at least twice a week and check the water parameters on a regular basis. They are really small cultured clams (1.5 to 2.5 inches). As they grow I will eventually move them to a larger tank but for the time being I like the little clam garden I have going on.

Any way you guys can convince your collectors to start collecting rare hermits? I'm looking for a few specifically. ;)

What type of hermits/ inverts are looking for?

This is a great idea to differentiate yourself from other vendors. I never considered PEA for my coral purchases, but this got me looking at your website and I look forward to placing an order in the near future.

Thank you for the complements! Look forward to doing business with you and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you!

Thank you for the Congrats! Yes that is 6 clams in a 16 gallon tank:) They have all been doing well! I do 2-3 gallon water changes on the tank at least twice a week and check the water parameters on a regular basis. They are really small cultured clams (1.5 to 2.5 inches). As they grow I will eventually move them to a larger tank but for the time being I like the little clam garden I have going on.

What type of hermits/ inverts are looking for?

Thank you for the complements! Look forward to doing business with you and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you!

Looking for Calcinus minutus (Flame Tip Hermit), Pylopaguropsis keiji, and Calcinus nitidus. I know, you've probably never heard of them lol. however a lot of these hermits are actually quite populous but are overlooked for the more popular species. Let me know if it's possible. Thanks.

PacificEastAquaculture

Looking for Calcinus minutus (Flame Tip Hermit), Pylopaguropsis keiji, and Calcinus nitidus. I know, you've probably never heard of them lol. however a lot of these hermits are actually quite populous but are overlooked for the more popular species. Let me know if it's possible. Thanks.

I will definitely ask our collectors! Send me an email or PM your email so I can contact you if we are able to get these for you. My email is alyssa@pacificeastaquaculture.com.

Archived