Cultivated Reef

Tunze 9002 with loose magnet

pygmy angel harem

pygmy angel harem

I am looking for a backup skimmer for my 50 gallon and maybe getting a 28 Nanocube for quarantine/frag tank and am interested in the 9002 with loose magnet for both tanks. Will I still be able to attach the skimmer inside my 50 gallon with the loose magnet?

Yes. You can glue the loose magnet where ever you like on the body of the skimmer to fit your application. The loose magnet version comes with both magnet halves, they just are not attached.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Stevie, could you make a skimmer box that holds this skimmer and room for a pump?

Sorry we do not accept custom work at this time. The 9002 has a magnet to mount anywhere. so I'm unsure why it would need a box.

Btw, looks like Innovative Marine started releasing their own line of media baskets for some Nuvo tanks. Booooooooooo

They did, I was actually surprised they would even bother .

We saw the baskets at MACNA. Basically our design only one fits more that one tank, so they are not maximizing space as well. Plus made in China with low quality materials and cheap labor. After 5.5 years bring on some real "competition"

Archived