inTank Media Baskets

tunze 9002 collection cup

GHill762

does the InTank cup collect/produce any better than the standard 9002 cup? I don't get a terribly consistent skimmate.. wondering if maybe a better cup would help that.. any reviews of the InTank cup?

Thanks,

Garrett

The main reason for the cup is for fitment of the skimmer. I've seen faster skimmate collection over time. Skimmers are not on/off devices and will pick up what is in the water, make sure you keep a constant water level.

it's in a chamber of the sump that doesn't change water level.. unless I overfill it.. lol..

the skimmer does alright, but I just feel like it could be better... that's why I was considering a cup.. the dimensions of the cup would also work better in my sump, but the existing cup fits okay..

I think part of the reason my skimmer is not very consistent is because my feeding isn't consistent.. sometimes I don't feed for a couple days, other times I'll feed 2-3x/day..

do you have the skimmer down at the water level mark? if so, i would raise it 1/2-1 inch. that is really the max water depth level...sometimes you have to raise it up and down a bit till you get the right height as well. i used the same skimmer before and got good skimmate from doing just that.

I'm ~1/2" below the max water line.. it pulls okay.. I think I was mostly just expecting more coming from DIY because my DIY pulled just as much..

Has to be at the water line and adjusted the air with the screw according to skimate... lighter color means u need less air.

Also.. If your water does not have anything for your skimmer to pull then you wont see much.. keeping on your water changes reduces the gunk you collect.

Has to be at the water line and adjusted the air with the screw according to skimate... lighter color means u need less air.

Also.. If your water does not have anything for your skimmer to pull then you wont see much.. keeping on your water changes reduces the gunk you collect.

everything I have read contradicts what you said. water should be ~1/2" below the squiggle, and that you pretty much have to skim wet on this skimmer (all nano skimmers for that matter) to get anything out of the tank..

water changes? what are those? :P

Has to be at the water line and adjusted the air with the screw according to skimate...

id doesnt have to be at the line...most people that raise it a bit have better success

Tunze states the best position is 1/2" below the water level line. So raise it up past the line a little. This skimmer produces a wet tea like skimmate.

Archived