for sharing.

ps. is that a ricordea yuma? i've been reading

up on the ricordeas.

Haha yeah, me too :D I'm pretty sure it's a yuma. You should try em, super easy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup thats a Yuma. I think Florida rics have alot more tentacles

Yeah, I think their tentacles are more bubbly as well. Yumas also, from my observation, sport a conical mouth whereas floridas generally stay flat.

But at any rate, I think I found a similar morph online for $50 and I spent $10 on mine :) whether I actually did save that much or not I'm not completely certain but either way, I'm really liking it

i think that was a super good deal!

i just got a couple of corals from Legendary Coral

and i'm super excited! i was admiring a yuma mushroom,

but i actually read that they are more sensitive and harder

to care for than the florida? i have a ricordea florida that

i just got last friday and i love it a lot. :wub:

i think that was a super good deal!

i just got a couple of corals from Legendary Coral

and i'm super excited! i was admiring a yuma mushroom,

but i actually read that they are more sensitive and harder

to care for than the florida? i have a ricordea florida that

i just got last friday and i love it a lot. :wub:

I'll check out your thread! LC has got some crazy shrooms haha :lol:

Yeah, I've heard that yumas might melt on you for no reason but so far so good. Fingers crossed.

i got a fantastic shroom and a zoa frag.

i paid only for 2 day shipping so i'm nervous.

i hope they make it okay.

my thread is boring right now. but i hope to

update by the end of the week. :happy:

i got a fantastic shroom and a zoa frag.

i paid only for 2 day shipping so i'm nervous.

i hope they make it okay.

my thread is boring right now. but i hope to

update by the end of the week. :happy:

Both corals are rather hardy; do you know which kind you got?

i bought a "confusion mushroom" which i can't

find much info on at all. it was very confusing. ha!

but i think it's a dark bluish purple?

and i got two heads of super saiyan zoas!

they were expensive. so i hope they survive!

i bought a "confusion mushroom" which i can't

find much info on at all. it was very confusing. ha!

but i think it's a dark bluish purple?

and i got two heads of super saiyan zoas!

they were expensive. so i hope they survive!

Sounds awesome! Me too. Where in SoCal are you located? Any good fish stores by you?

i'm in SD! message me if you need recs!

(though honestly, i am NOOB. =)

Ooh nice, I'm about an hour north of you. Let me know if youre ever by the LA/Orange County area, I know a couple good places to get coral

• 3 weeks later...

Soo, bit of good news/bad news/sad news..

Good news was that I was able to pick up some really awesome zoas and a couple nano conches from justind823 last week. The conches are pretty small so I can't really find them unless they're in plain sight, but they've been chugging along.

As for the bad.. well first it started with the acro. My placement kept light from reaching its backside so now it's bleaching. I moved it to a different spot but I'm not sure if that'll be enough. It's browning out I think and polyps aren't extending like they used to. Also noticed a mess of brown algae on the sandbed and took water in for testing thinking it was phosphates. Got results back, phosphates were fine but nitrates were at 20 and alk was super low at 95. Granted I hadn't changed the water in about a week but I didn't expect my parameters to fluctuate that much; my water changes are about 40-45% and then a second one about 15-20% a couple days later, weekly, and I don't feed much at all. Anyways, I grabbed a bottle of seachem reef carbonate to slowly raise alk and will be checking it again on Thursday.

Lastly, I just found my pom pom crab dead this evening from what I believe was a bad molt.. I took it out of the water and noticed the carapace was open and that the insides were gelatinous. I rescued one of its nems but lost track of the other one, though I doubt they'll last long without their host. Anyways, super bummed about this, I got him around October so he was in my tank nearly a year and probably my biggest loss thus far :( I don't know if I'll replace him or not, time will tell. (9/23/14)

Speaking of time, I leave to UCSB on Friday and am leaving my dad in charge of the tank for the first quarter or so before deciding if I'll take the tank with me. I'm not sure if my tank will be able to hold up considering all of the problems I'm dealing with right now, but fingers crossed. I'll try to update with pics tomorrow.

-Anthony

tl;dr

hi anthony, oh no! i lost my pom pom

in my 3g pico. i don't know why but i felt

very bad and i'm not sure i'll ever get a crab again.

i'm sorry.

i'm also dealing with browning on my super saiyan

zoas--which were expensive. ha! empathies.

are you an undergrad at ucsb? i guess we won't

see you for a while then? i hope your dad takes good

care of your tank for you!

hi anthony, oh no! i lost my pom pom

in my 3g pico. i don't know why but i felt

very bad and i'm not sure i'll ever get a crab again.

i'm sorry.

i'm also dealing with browning on my super saiyan

zoas--which were expensive. ha! empathies.

are you an undergrad at ucsb? i guess we won't

see you for a while then? i hope your dad takes good

care of your tank for you!

Thanks for the kind words :) I'll really miss the little guy.. sorry about your pom pom as well.

What do you mean by your zoas are browning?

And yes, haha by friday I will be moved in! If I think I can handle the tank by Thanksgiving break and if it is still up and running, I will bring it up to the dorm. But yeah, in the meantime I'll by MIA for a bit :P

Thanks for the kind words :) I'll really miss the little guy.. sorry about your pom pom as well. What do you mean by your zoas are browning?

well, the smaller one is shriveled.

and the larger, though it was opening fully,

was starting to go brown in its face area.

i think my lighting isn't good enough for the

fancy super saiyans. or something.

enjoy a new school year!

well, the smaller one is shriveled.

and the larger, though it was opening fully,

was starting to go brown in its face area.

i think my lighting isn't good enough for the

fancy super saiyans. or something.

enjoy a new scahool year!

If the colors are dulling, it might mean that it's expelling its zooxanthellae, the algae that provides the coral with its color. Is something stressing it?

If the colors are dulling, it might mean that it's expelling its zooxanthellae, the algae that provides the coral with its color. Is something stressing it?

honestly, it could be anything?

i've seen my sexy shrimps dance on

them before--but my other zoas and only

palys doing great. can only think too high

end for my tank?

honestly, it could be anything?

i've seen my sexy shrimps dance on

them before--but my other zoas and only

palys doing great. can only think too high

end for my tank?

I dont think sexies would bother zoas to the point where they start to lose their color :/ Maybe flow or light? Do you have a picture?

I dont think sexies would bother zoas to the point where they start to lose their color :/ Maybe flow or light? Do you have a picture?

no picture. someone just suggested they are losing

their zoos or something and unhappy. which i think

is likely. i think they might be goners. too high end

for my noob tank.

Okay guys, so I'm not really certain when I started this tank exactly... but I know for sure it's been at least a year x) So this update will be a bit picture heavy :) Coincidentally, this is my last day with my tank before I pass it onto my dad before I leave to move in for college this afternoon. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be able to move the tank into my dorm after the first quarter.

Anyway, picssssss

One of the nano conches :) Other one is a lot more cryptic lol

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8555_zps831efb42.jpg.html'>IMG_8555_zps831efb42.jpg

Pipe Organ frag showing some growth

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8522_zps5f8d3c95.jpg.html'>IMG_8522_zps5f8d3c95.jpg

Back of the acro bleaching :/

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8520_zps18d5f6a9.jpg.html'>IMG_8520_zps18d5f6a9.jpg

Frontside

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8561_zps0a3080bb.jpg.html'>IMG_8561_zps0a3080bb.jpg

Yuma

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8530_zps3d7a326d.jpg.html'>IMG_8530_zps3d7a326d.jpg

Random zoas

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8537_zps2f449880.jpg.html'>IMG_8537_zps2f449880.jpg

My duncan :) The two babies are already almost as big as the first one and a fourth one is popping up! I think I know who's responsible for my alk being so low...

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8497_zps4881d267.jpg.html'>IMG_8497_zps4881d267.jpg

Left side

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8526_zpsc050bd9a.jpg.html'>IMG_8526_zpsc050bd9a.jpg

Right side

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8521_zps3f4b27b4.jpg.html'>IMG_8521_zps3f4b27b4.jpg

FTS. In retrospect, I should've moved the isobox to the filter's back chamber for a minute :S

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8553_zps9beef6f5.jpg.html'>IMG_8553_zps9beef6f5.jpg

Blue FTS

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/antsypants77/media/IMG_8560_zps8431da4f.jpg.html'>IMG_8560_zps8431da4f.jpg

Photobucket editor was acting up so some of the pics look a lil washed out :(

Honorable mentions I couldn't really get a picture of:

-My pom pom crab's nem attached itself to a piece of rubble I put in the isobox so hopefully that's a good sign.

-The punk rocker zoas are getting their green/teal centers back though I couldn't photograph them before and I can't do it now....

-Glove polyps attached to my glass :D

-Goby jumped when I got up too fast yesterday <_< He's fine though, acts as if nothing happened

-THANK YOU to nano-reef for a year's worth of free education about the science behind the magic of reefkeeping. My tank wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys' comments, critiques, and own experiences. I'll be back soon :)

no picture. someone just suggested they are losing

their zoos or something and unhappy. which i think

is likely. i think they might be goners. too high end

for my noob tank.

Time will tell :) I hope they get better!

it looks so great!!

i considered a duncan, but wound up with

flower nems and a fungia coral instead. that's

all i have room for for now.

Thanks! Hope it stays that way :P And nonsense, hahah alwayd room for one more :)

The FTS is very pretty. Everything looks scaled to the tank. Very nicely done. :)

Haha thank you :) I just grabbed any small cheap frags I could find and it happened to work out

The tanks is looking Great Ant. I really like that Yuma.

Thanks, I like it too! LFS has some clones lefttt... ;)

Thanks, I like it too! LFS has some clones lefttt... ;)

enabler! ha!

have you had any issues with your yuma?

i've read that they can be more sensitive than the rics.

Archived