ReefCleaners.org

Pa'akai

Kauai

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just find another one IMO. You're living in paradise, bro, who cares if she's gone :). I'd imagine there's PLENTY of fish in that sea. Do they even have ugly women in HI?

Btw, how hard is it to get corals over there? I know most vendors won't ship to HI...

reefkeeping > relationships

dont sweat it bro

Appreciate it bruh.

Just find another one IMO. You're living in paradise, bro, who cares if she's gone :). I'd imagine there's PLENTY of fish in that sea. Do they even have ugly women in HI?

Btw, how hard is it to get corals over there? I know most vendors won't ship to HI...

There are all kinds of fish in this sea actually haha...

Of course there are, mostly personality wise though.

You can't get any coral, as far as I know. and we're only allowed anemones, and zoanthids/palythoas.

No stony corals, and no live rock. I'm not an expert, but I've read a few lines of a few things on a few places on a few websites and on a few pieces of papers.

F**k b!tches get fishes

Feel better bro, I feel ya

B)

HAHAHA missed reading this thread for so long because of the topic...I just didn't have any advice to offer on your relationship....didn't realize it was a build thread!!

Loving what you're doing so far.

As for the ex-GF, looks like you;re coping just fine :)

So I got & ordered a whole bunch of things that I can't take pictures of because my iPhone broke, and said ex-girlfriend took the DSLR with her. So unfortunately I can't document this tanks inception as well as I'd like to, which is really just a sad story.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get this tank wet within the day or so, how do I properly cycle this thing? I am kind of a bad ass and have always just thrown fish in after a couple weeks of riding solo.

Any advice on how to properly get this thing kick-started?

gulfsurfer101

Ammonia from the household section of a grocery mart. That's usually how people kick off a cycle using dry rock, or you can use the old tried and true method and just p*ss in it! I wouldn't though.

Waiting on some things to arrive.

9946706595_3f13c15cfa_z.jpg

9946710355_bb5d7b3366_z.jpg

Da #### is up with the sand? Looks like theres a few inches of empty space on either side! :o

Ammonia from the household section of a grocery mart. That's usually how people kick off a cycle using dry rock, or you can use the old tried and true method and just p*ss in it! I wouldn't though.

hmm I'll look into something I can buy off amazon probably. I'll probably search NR for a dry rock cycle but for the sake of direct input and advice. Do I just add ammonia & watch, without lights or my canister filter going ?

Da #### is up with the sand? Looks like theres a few inches of empty space on either side! :o

that's that costco paper towel sand I bought in bulk booboo.

No but really, I actually got sand and rinsed it, took some pictures, then my phone broke :closedeyes:

hmm I'll look into something I can buy off amazon probably. I'll probably search NR for a dry rock cycle but for the sake of direct input and advice. Do I just add ammonia & watch, without lights or my canister filter going ?

pretty much. Or add some fish food or there are products to start a cycle. A table shrimp will work. Basically something to rot and start ammonia. You can run the lights if you want but not needed. Run the filter with some filter pad. No need to waste media just yet.

Looks like a paper towel to protect the glass. :)

I didn't have newspaper at my disposal. thanx for stopping by Lawnman! B)

pretty much. Or add some fish food or there are products to start a cycle. A table shrimp will work. Basically something to rot and start ammonia. You can run the lights if you want but not needed. Run the filter with some filter pad. No need to waste media just yet

Sounds good... then the appropriate tests will let me know when the cycle has run it's course.

Appreciate the chime about the filter media btw. I would have ran it all the way through.

pretty much. Or add some fish food or there are products to start a cycle. A table shrimp will work. Basically something to rot and start ammonia. You can run the lights if you want but not needed. Run the filter with some filter pad. No need to waste media just yet.

+1 on the table shrimp.

Dam it she got the camera :angry:

Your picture taking skillz are wut dreams are made of!

Well hell I never answer the title thread question. I had a girlfriend leave me once. I just worked more and saved money. My wife told me about a year ago if I buy more coral she was moving out. So I placed a 1000 dollar order online that day.

Well hell I never answer the title thread question. I had a girlfriend leave me once. I just worked more and saved money. My wife told me about a year ago if I buy more coral she was moving out. So I placed a 1000 dollar order online that day.

this post right here will make my week I swear lol.

+1 on the table shrimp.

Dam it she got the camera :angry:

Your picture taking skillz are wut dreams are made of!

Thanx for the input buddy.

My picture taking skills we're teh okayz. I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on another DSLR soon... someone I know should get their hands on a cheap but decent one too... :naughtydance:

unfortunately couldn't get my hands on a phone, so no picture updates. and really what's the point of updating without pictures, I don't even know.

but here's a textual update.

GoPro came out with a new camera, the GoPro Hero 3+

I mounted my light that I received from Rehype

Placed the sand in the tank and started to clear it out with filter and some floss.

Ordered an MP10 off someone here and received it with a bunk wet-side, so got a replacement in.

Bought gTA V, still not sure if that was the best decision of the day.

Hopefully things fall into place soon. :happydance:

unfortunately couldn't get my hands on a phone, so no picture updates. and really what's the point of updating without pictures, I don't even know.

Yea that must be a little fustrating not being able to take pictures of the start up, but no worries man. Will settle for some sketches, pen and paper son :D

but here's a textual update.

For some reason, that jus sounds wrong,lol

GoPro came out with a new camera, the GoPro Hero 3+

I mounted my light that I received from Rehype

Dang, the fact your light is from Rehype already gives your tank a advantage!

Placed the sand in the tank and started to clear it out with filter and some floss.

Ordered an MP10 off someone here and received it with a bunk wet-side, so got a replacement in.

Bought gTA V, still not sure if that was the best decision of the day.

Hopefully things fall into place soon. :happydance:

Sounds like your making some good progress over there!

• 1 month later...

Obtaining some equipment. Bigger update coming in a couple months.

A nice Halide fixture I couldn't get from FNI, but was able to grab one from Rehype's last build.

10917761493_5513d77381.jpg

10917465215_13933bb1b1.jpg

10917470935_8d12c132b4.jpg

Archived