Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pa'akai

Kauai

9243537409_af01fdb7d6_z.jpg

9237817852_891b1f35d9_z.jpg

Hey Guys and welcome to the re-build of my 18g rimless tank.

Above is the inspiration for my current set-up. People like to call me Kookie by the way and I live on one of the islands in Hawai'i. It has it's disadvantages, as far as reef-keeping and salt-water tanks go.

This was my first attempt. Which sadly an outbreak of ich and a lot of neglect kept it from ever really taking off.

8934914800_0923983c66.jpg

8652136537_5028e6055e.jpg

8848797503_644d26baa8.jpg

8653235040_c5e98d0f4c.jpg

8934824138_e84e9bd0e9.jpg

After that, all that made it was my FireFish. And after having a long

break up with my then Girlfriend, I decided to

Clean out my Pipes

9705165627_9b2e08aa56_z.jpg

Pick up a few Rocks

9708946054_856aba6dd5_z.jpg

Then the fine powder, or crystal, whatever you're in to

9708947190_3ac5dd703b_z.jpg

a few bottles

9705163327_44e0fe016f_z.jpg

and what's a party without the lights?

9708400342_2c6301510d_z.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry about gf - and eventhough I'm not exactly equipped with tools to advise anyone on the matter. I would just say "quick rebound" might be in order and perhaps good old scotch. And if it wasn't meant to be then you saved yourself a LOT of aggravation, frustration and wasted time.

Glad to see you keeping your mind occupied with something else other then senseless drama. Great setup btw

Sorry about gf - and eventhough I'm not exactly equipped with tools to advise anyone on the matter. I would just say "quick rebound" might be in order and perhaps good old scotch. And if it wasn't meant to be then you saved yourself a LOT of aggravation, frustration and wasted time. Glad to see you keeping your mind occupied with something else other then senseless drama. Great setup btw

Appreciate the sentiment. I believe you are 100% on point man.

9946798786_2d2de7a291_z.jpg

9946740854_e40476251f_z.jpg

9946714105_45b96505a4_z.jpg

some things are coming along.

On this pic, you don't have the light sitting directly on that glass shelf right? The fan is down there and you will significantly decrease the life of your light if you don't get it enough air flow ;)

On the topic of getting over the GF leaving you.... nail her sister, and/or best friends. My wife, is actually one of my ex's friends... sure I tried out most of her other friends too but this one was a keeper lol

On this pic, you don't have the light sitting directly on that glass shelf right? The fan is down there and you will significantly decrease the life of your light if you don't get it enough air flow ;)

On the topic of getting over the GF leaving you.... nail her sister, and/or best friends. My wife, is actually one of my ex's friends... sure I tried out most of her other friends too but this one was a keeper lol

It is just sitting on the glass, but it's not going to be my lighting for this tank, so it was purely for the photos. Good looking out though.

and that's pretty extreme, fortunately none of her family or friends are remotely good looking. So that's not an option even if I wanted to lol.

Looks like its coming along nicely. I'd like to see the "after" pic of this!

Appreciate it. Hopefully things will fall into place soon.

Get a bigger tank.

I don't understand.

Just make sure rebounds don't stick around for long, tends to be problems. Just pay them and tell them they can go now.

;)

haha I don't even know how to respond to this.

Mr. Microscope

Nice setup. Looks like things are coming along.

What are your stocking plans? I know Hawai'i has some pretty strict laws on SW livestock. Is it just zoas and fish?

Nice setup. Looks like things are coming along.

What are your stocking plans? I know Hawai'i has some pretty strict laws on SW livestock. Is it just zoas and fish?

Pretty much just Zoa's and fish. I'm planning on getting this established and ordering a bunch of zoa's from a local reefer.

and what ever macro algae I can get shipped here.

as far as fish goes, I'm looking to put 2 maybe 3 fish in here and keep it at that. I'm actually setting this up just because my LFS is placing an order for tail-spot blennies.

are laws are strict mostly on inverterbrates. So no shrimp, or corals not found in Hawaii can 'legally' be sold or imported.

as far as I know anyway.

Mr. Microscope

Pretty much just Zoa's and fish. I'm planning on getting this established and ordering a bunch of zoa's from a local reefer.

as far as fish goes, I'm looking to put 2 maybe 3 fish in here and keep it at that. I'm actually setting this up just because my LFS is placing an order for tail-spot blennies.

are laws are strict mostly on inverterbrates. So no shrimp, or corals not found in Hawaii can 'legally' be sold or imported.

as far as I know anyway.

Good to know. The tail-spot is one of my favorites! Good luck. Following!

as far as I know anyway.

Some of the most beautiful tanks I've seen have been strictly zoas on great rockwork. Tailspots are awesome little fish.

Should be a nice build.

On to bigger and better my friend! Between that Radion and that rodi unit, your a baller now! Looks great buddy, glad to see you back in the game!

Funny how not having a significant other leaves you with money to blow... :happydance:

Archived