Top Shelf Aquatics

100% more clams and inverts! ~ Isles of sticks

xzeror

My female mandarin appears to have eggs stuck in her body, so i began to dose my tank with epsom salt to help her release the eggs. She looks like she is literally about to burst.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so did the mandi pair die and you got a tang?

I transferred my female to my nano tank which I was treating with Epsom salt to see if it would help her release her eggs. After a few weeks I saw no change so I put her back in my display again yesterday.

The tang was doing fine until I noticed she got a liking to my acans...

Once I saw that I put her in my sump along with my mature clown and eventually sold them. So now I have the juv pair of picassos that I won in the raffle at the fragswap in the display.

Livestock:

1 male 3 female lyretail Anthias

Pair of picassos

Pair of mandarins

Royal gramma

Diamond goby

Yasha - barely see him. So skittish.

Tough crowd :haha:

Tank looks good though, really good progress from where you started

Thanks! Ill posting some growth pics for its 1 yr bday

Bro this is a dope breeder... how often do you feed the anthias? Is the one still changing sex? I really want to try them when my tank gets ready.

Bro this is a dope breeder... how often do you feed the anthias? Is the one still changing sex? I really want to try them when my tank gets ready.

Thanks man. I was feeding a cube of mysis and brine twice a day when I had the blue tang, I have since dropped it down to just one feeding a day. Or one cube twice a day depending if I have time.

The females fin has kept growing. Still no signs of color change. The male however seems to treat them all the same, so far no abnormal aggression.

They are awesome fish, they add so much movement to the tank. I've been thinking about adding more species of Anthias.

I've had my phone for so long and just now I find all these features to edit my pics....

IMAG1614_1.jpg

:naughtydance:

Acclimated my order from Rarereef last night.

IMAG1668_6.jpg

and some moar.

IMAG1669.jpg

How they looked this morning.

All green is new addition. Loved the solid green.

IMAG1681_1.jpg

Rainbows under whites:

IMAG1682_1.jpg

IMAG1683_1.jpg

Some zoas:

IMAG1685_1.jpg

IMAG1688_1.jpg

The garden, need to make more space to spread them out.

IMAG1689_1.jpg

Stay tuned for my tanks 1 year which is tomorrow! Going to be posting pics of some of my corals when I first got them and after a year of growth. :lol: Going to try and get myself a good camera too >.> no guarantees though.

You have bryopsis growing on some of those new frag plugs.Good luck.

I've been upping my phosban, cutting down feeding and did a few days of lights off to try to get rid of it. Any suggestions what to do?

That wont matter, they will pull out the phosphates out of the water long before your water even gets to your phosban.

Bryopsis grows just fine in ZERO phosphate (as measured by any hobby test kit or tester) water.

Manually remove it. Get some lettuce nudis now before it spreads. And it will spread quickly, so get it off now.

I've been upping my phosban, cutting down feeding and did a few days of lights off to try to get rid of it. Any suggestions what to do?

At least one lettuce nudi for each 10 gallons of your tank. And get them small, they grow fast on this stuff.

Its virtually immune to 35% hydrogen peroxide. Large hemostats work ok, its too tenacious for tweezers, youll just strip off the feather shaped "leaves", leaving the holdfasts intact.

Lol Debbie downer
Just trying to save him his tank.

This stuff would be awesome in a Algae Turf Scrubber.But it doesnt stay put.Mine is only in my frag quarantine tank, but I cant put anything from it, in my display tanks until its gone.

Thanks for the help. I thoguth about getting them but I thought they would starve. I guess ill just use them until my problem goes away and rehome them. Going to see if I can get some tonight.

Live aquaria has them for like 13$ when you buy 5.

Buy at least 5.

I only bought one, and now shes too large to fit though the eggcrate. When I first got her she was small just floated right over my overflow, down my drain and into my filter sock. Point is, they float, make sure they are attached to something when you get them.

In the mean time, pull those frages out. Put them in a bucket with tank water and scrub and pull that shit off.

Then rinse them in clean tank water before replacing them. It spreads virally fast.

Im getting 10 next paycheck.

OBVIOUSLY, dont buy frags from that vendor again. Their whole system is contaminated with it.

Apparently Kents Tech M helps if you get you Mg up to 1600 or 1800. Dunno about that yet, still testing it.

Buy at least 5.

I only bought one, and now shes too large to fit though the eggcrate. When I first got her she was small just floated right over my overflow, down my drain and into my filter sock. Point is, they float, make sure they are attached to something when you get them.

In the mean time, pull those frages out. Put them in a bucket with tank water and scrub and pull that shit off.

Then rinse them in clean tank water before replacing them. It spreads virally fast.

Im getting 10 next paycheck.

OBVIOUSLY, dont buy frags from that vendor again. Their whole system is contaminated with it.

Apparently Kents Tech M helps if you get you Mg up to 1600 or 1800. Dunno about that yet, still testing it.

I was the one who mounted my frags on those discs. Could the discs have been the cause of it? It really just popped up out of nowhere I never added a frag with it on it. And my frags never got it. It just started on those new discs.

Buy at least 5.

Meet Pedro and Paco :), They were $5 ea at my LFS but they did not have more. I took all the frags and did what you said pretty much all gone, hoping P&P can finish off the rest.

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/xzeror/media/IMAG1739.jpg.html'>IMAG1739.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/xzeror/media/IMAG1738.jpg.html'>IMAG1738.jpg

Keep an eye on them.

They will go for GHA (good) and clean coralline down to the rock(not so good). You can use your large tweezers to carefully direct their attention to where you want it.

Good deal, btw.

Ps, Ive noticed that they will go after damaged algae first, its like the smell the fresh 'meat'.

Keep an eye on them.

They will go for GHA (good) and clean coralline down to the rock(not so good). You can use your large tweezers to carefully direct their attention to where you want it.

Good deal, btw.

Ps, Ive noticed that they will go after damaged algae first, its like the smell the fresh 'meat'.

Thanks for the tip, I dropped them on my frag rack first. They seem to just be hanging out on the glass for now. Ill give them a bit to get adjusted to my tank and then put them to work lol.

Archived