inTank Media Baskets

PicO II Build (Brevotium Reef)

beprimeaux

Hey everybody, I haven't been posting pictures because my tank has been milky for the past 5/6 days! I bought a CAD Lights NR-1 Media Reactor and ran 3 tablespoons of GFO and a little bit of GFO got into the display so I quit using GFO. Then my water started getting cloudy like milky and has been this way. I dose with Kent Marine Calcium, Alk and manganese, and WAS dosing with Kent Marine Nano Part A&B until I found out I was basically dosing calcium twice. I dose one a week every Sunday. Water change every Saturday. Approximately 2.5 gallons. But the other day I did a 7 gallon water change to hopefully clear up my water but it only cleared up a little. I'm not at home but I'll post my tank parms and a picture when I get home. In the meantime, if anybody has any ideas to clear it up, that would be great! I'm running activated carbon too and filter floss.

Nice equipment and corals!

Why thank you! I got more corals but I can't get good pictures because my water has been milky for the past 5/6 days!

nice set-up. i'd love to see a video of the 2 mp10 creating waves in that little tank. i bet you could replicate a tidal wave ;-)

Paha, it would be a major tidal wave for sure! I'll post a video whenever my water isn't milky! It's a bummer because I can't take good pictures of my new corals!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while! Sorry about that! I've been working! Anyway, I've added some new stuff and I'll get pictures up as soon as I can! Everything is going great, I'm already wanting to upgrade to a bigger aquarium! Lol. But I'm going to refrain and just sit back and let everything grow and just enjoy the ride! Thanks for all of my followers and supporters!!

I had a bad bacteria bloom that just wasn't gong away so I emailed Chris at PicoAquariums and asked him what UV sterilizer he recommended and he told me the Green Killing Machine (or whatever it is) at PetCo is what he uses! My bacteria bloom cleared up in three days! Anyway, I'll post pictures of all of my newest goodies as soon as I can! Thanks again everybody!

• 10 months later...

Archived