inTank Media Baskets

The Current Sea of Love. (retired)

MarieH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well all is status quo, I was battling a bit of cyano and I burnt my jebao 25 wavemaker pump by putting it on a voltage regulator, so its running at half speed with no real speed control, but everything is waving gently, so I might either leave it as is or get the new jebao 10 to add or to replace it, but for now its all good. Dr Tim's waste control,2 doses, one 15ml and another week later, 2 caps which is still underdosing, has cleaned up the sand bed and the pesky brown cyano is all but gone and the sand looks much improved. Yay. My xenia is melting away, still hanging in neither dying or improving. Everything else is growing and looking fine. Curiously.

• 1 month later...

Everything status quo, did a big cleanup, pump cleaned and soaked in vinegar solution, seems to have more strength I had to dial it down, and changed out the filter media, cleaned the glass and salt creep. I noticed my little of Hollywood stunner looking pale and not too healthy, from getting covered with sand from Fug and Ly scavenging. So its now glued on the top rock an looking as though it may recover. LFS is having a sale of gold hammer, so I may go see if I can pick one up. Everything looking fine. I don't feel any need for a skimmer, the water is crystal overnight from changing out the chemipure. Go chemipure elite. Also bought a new impellor for the aquaclear 110, I think it forces the water faster through the media. The cut impellor was ok on the ten gallon, but the 30g needs more ooomph. I think the flow rate right now is just peachy,

Tank had been neglected several weeks, when I got the flu and then a back pain issue, but back on track today. Also new heater, the hydor 150 was tank too warm and even at the lowest point before shut off the tank was reading 80. Flu val heater 100 has been rock steady at 76.

Xenia finally succumbed and was consumed over night by amphipods. RIP

I was wondering how you were doing, we hadn't heard anything, I'm glad you're ok and that your tank is getting on track. Did you decide what your were doing about your burned out Jebao25 or contemplating the WP10?

• 4 months later...

Hello: I was off sick so I just tried to maintain things. but I am feeling better and taking a new look at the tank. Fighting an outbreak of briopsis at the moment. Did a major cleanup and have raised magnesium which seems to be making a difference in about a week. Until I get that under control I am not adding anything new. But I may upgrade some hardware. The jebo 25 pump is going strong. I feel no need to change it, but the jebao 10s are looking good, especially the double model.. maybe later on.

Hey there :) I've often come on to take a look see so keep inspiring me., friends.

Just a corner view. The right side looks nicer than the left. LOL I may be winning the briopsis war, today it looks sad and grey like dryer lint. The tank was pretty much not kept up for several months. My bad. I had back issues and a hairline fracture in my knee. I went to Mexico and pretty much just did top offs for a few weeks. ...But I am starting to maintain regularly now and going to visit all the new stores that are cropping up locally. I also plan to invest in a new tank and stand. I think a sump is a great benefit, I added my small skimmer aqualife 115 mini and see a major difference at the moment. [/url]">http://9be8eaae-2367-46f9-9dc0-06428a59b4e3.jpg

I got a halloween hermit and a small little acan frag, that my a-hole peppermint shrimp almost killed overnight. So Pepper has gone to a re-home and hopefully the acan will recover. The cable guy came to disconnect my cable, I decided to get rid of cable since I use netfilx mostly anyway.. I digress, I saw him stand for several moments and stare at the tank so I think it may be beginning to look nice. Yay. Adding the skimmer has been a help and I think I will upgrade it later on but no hurry, I get a third of a cup of brownish stuff everyday. I am thinking tunze 9004, if I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw how sensitive my clowns were today, I am selling my aquaclear filter and the potential buyer went gagga over the tank to the point I saw the poor clowns take refuge in patch of zooanthids. They were scayerred. It seems they do recognize their keeper :) aww I gave them an extra handout after he left. (Never saw that happen with my freshwater fish..even the f/w angels which are a bit smarter than most lol) Thinsgs seem to have taken off in the past couple weeks. I've seen more growth than in the last 6 months combined. My tentacle plate fell off his rock and I picked him up and put him on the sand. I now see a baby tentacle where he used to be. Cool. I'm becoming more enthusiastic as a result :)

I saw how sensitive my clowns were today, I am selling my aquaclear filter and the potential buyer went gagga over the tank to the point I saw the poor clowns take refuge in patch of zooanthids. They were scayerred. It seems they do recognize their keeper :) aww I gave them an extra handout after he left. (Never saw that happen with my freshwater fish..even the f/w angels which are a bit smarter than most lol) Thinsgs seem to have taken off in the past couple weeks. I've seen more growth than in the last 6 months combined. My tentacle plate fell off his rock and I picked him up and put him on the sand. I now see a baby tentacle where he used to be. Cool. I'm becoming more enthusiastic as a result :)

Hooray on the baby! Let's see ya smile in your avatar!!!! Glad to hear of good news. Especially after yesterday's sad news about Robin Williams.

Ya Robin. So many people I know have felt his loss He definitely was a household name. I wish he had known the effect his life has had on the world.Not just another celebrity passing. He was family.

Ya Robin. So many people I know have felt his loss He definitely was a household name. I wish he had known the effect his life has had on the world.Not just another celebrity passing. He was family.

I'm waiting for the Tribute Show. Some network needs to do this. We're losing so many of the greats. 4 years ago was Leslie Nielsen.

• 2 weeks later...

Leslie, ya I grew up going to the 'airport' "airplane' movies lol. RIP fellow canuck.

Well, I lowered my lights and hung a shelf, looks nicer. I have been doing a lot of tank maintenance as per schedule and yesterday I started adding 5ml of brightwell microbacter7. My parameters are all in check but I figured it might help get hidden phosphates oput of the sand bed and rock,,,something is fuelling my stubborn tufts of hair algae so it might be that. Today I see more color in my green birdnest, polyps waving although I might have had the whites too high yesterday as I noticed the stems going white in the late afternoon...bleach?..oops. Today I have them on just barely and the color looks better lights are only 7 or so inches above water. I better get a move on with this project, Its a year already..how time flys.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes its a year in August, and yesterday I saw a drip, no not a guy, tho there are lots of those and I met them all. winks :) I have a slow leak. The tank is leaking from a seam underneath, slow drip, about an ouce since yesterday. The good news is luckilly I have time to find a replacement. I'm looking at a 40 breeder and stand, I need to hide stuff, the steel stand I'm presently using although nicely scrolled vintage, does nothing to hide my mass of wires. Good new is upgrade. Seems to happen just when everything is starting to look nice. Oh well.

Wow! What a change! I like the shape of the tank!. My only concern is maybe too much rock, not enough water flow and then hard to clean the glass.

I love the look of rock walls, so I'll add another wavemaker later on if need be. I can always remove or change around the rock. I'm going for a natural reef look, like the rock fell there and things just grew on it. Time will tell :)

It looks like a heap lol but its artfully stacked, many holes and caves, My rockskipper blenny pops in and out and you never know where he'll show up next. Any my tailspot blenny has a series of holes he perches from. It would take more than a crab or small fish to move any of that rock fer shure. Now I hope the fun begins because my back is out. :)

It looks like a heap lol but its artfully stacked, many holes and caves, My rockskipper blenny pops in and out and you never know where he'll show up next. Any my tailspot blenny has a series of holes he perches from. It would take more than a crab or small fish to move any of that rock fer shure. Now I hope the fun begins because my back is out. :)

oh, from setting everything up? Yikes.

Ya, what a chillaxin hobby :) Ouch I;m trying to hold myself back from spending but its like the song that never ends its goes on and on and on my friend. I bought a reefoctopus 1000 today. The 2000 was on my bill but I saw the size of it full of seawater and thought holy crap!!! 12 litres of water to fill it. The 1000 is pulling gunk since setup at about 3;30 so its only a few hours and I got greenish watery skim. I think I'll be fine. I tried the 2000 got major leak from the acrylic box cleaned up a few litres off the floor and took it back. It is a beast though! I am very tired of wet feet. I think next one will be reef ready, with sump....um.. mebe.

Archived