Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Current Sea of Love. (retired)

MarieH

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the 2. I talked to the seller and told them my tank size etc. they recommend 2 but dialed down. I could go to 48 inch long in future with these if they are as good as they claim 3 year warranty too. My only concern is the wattage but I figure they won't run at 165 anyway.

I got pods today and the jebo wp25 wavemaker has arrived/ this thing is awesome currently on speed one, else mode, On wave mode I could litterally rock the tank, it was a tad scary lol. Cleanup crew tomorrow, as diatoms in bloom. Gah.. I may take down my 10g and transfer to this tank. I feel no need to care for 2 tanks ..dunno

First Marie, I love your thread name and your tailspots little round abode. And glad to hear about the WP-25 because I got mine in the mail yesterday. It feels very sturdy to me. And nice to know you like its action. I couldn't justify another $150 to get a Vortech. Yey, I've watched videos of them online and they seem really good. And hey, you can use the 10 gallon as a quarantine tank or as a sump or sump and refugium so there are definitely uses for it.

Lights are received and strung from the chimney with care..in hopes that St Nick. I digress. Awesome lights, had my reservations but could not be more pleased. They arrived promptly very well packaged and with 2x 10 dollar and 2 x 20 dollar coupons for next purchase. Running on low power just a few hours today then night night. , need a quad timer. Better built than my rented tv converter box..actually. Customer service was amazing, emails were prompt, and asking if I was satisfied the following day after receiving them. better service than many locals. Transferred the contents fo the ten gallon this morning. Life is great in the ex dirty thirty. The empty 10g houses a few pounds of rock and will be left running till I decide what to do with it. Pics to come. Off to work,,,yess weekend. :happy:

Jebo w25 is also da bomb.

Any pictures of the light over the tank yet?

to come tomorrow..off to the races.

The currency of love, transformed.

quickie

First Marie, I love your thread name and your tailspots little round abode. And glad to hear about the WP-25 because I got mine in the mail yesterday. It feels very sturdy to me. And nice to know you like its action. I couldn't justify another $150 to get a Vortech. Yey, I've watched videos of them online and they seem really good. And hey, you can use the 10 gallon as a quarantine tank or as a sump or sump and refugium so there are definitely uses for it.

I love it, and you can dial it down if you buy an inline led dimmer. I haven't found need for it tho..

Blenny found his adobe and is perched now, inspecting the new digs, good idea on the refuge for the ten, not sure but thinking on what to do or quarantine tank mebe.

awesomness on a cube. Coverage is 24 x 24 easily. I love the multiple blues at night, never saw what my tank really looked like until the fluoresence...soo cool. This is with 50/50 mix daytime.

The corals all opened and responded within 20 minutes of being moved. The light is amazing. I was going to do t5 because I would not shell out for the maxspect or radions. I am happy if I get 2-3 years from them its worth it. I was assured by the seller with good care they can last much longer.

Things be moving right along, found a pleasing balance between the color led and blues, have the color timed to go off 3 hours prior to the blues, Starting to see new growth and deeper color. Just waiting it out on the inevitable algae bloom that will likely commeth.

Yeah, I had my 1st diatom bloom w/ the stock light, then when I added the better light I had another one. I hate that part. It's just so ugly and it seems to last forever even thought it's not long.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the bloom was short lived, and I see pink and electric green I assume coralline algea.

I lost my pygmy wrasse, Im not sure what happened but I am thinking she/he never fed on flake, pellet or frozen at all. Being wild caught, I saw her/him grazing the rock and I assumed the wrasse had been eating all along in the ten gallon. After I made the transfer to the thirty, I finally got a good look and notice it was paper thin, and had not been seen cruising in about a week before that. I had even suspected death before the transfer so I was kind of surprised and very sad to find it in that condition. I went ahead and made the transfer to the new tank but, it was too late. NOW my pod polulation would have been enough to sustain the wrasse I am thinking. No more wild caught for me. Lesson learned.

So I added 2 frags, a zoa and a pink millepora that I got for 40 dollars. I was told to go slowly lol, its hard. Anyway, financially I need a step back so I'm watching what I have for now. And my Benny the tailspot and my kooky cleaner shrimp are enjoying the space. I don't think I'll ever do a ten gallon again. Bigger is so much more fun and really cool to see the critters happier than they were and more active now. So I'm just going to maintain the tank and let it mature for a few months. At most I'll get another cleaner shrimp for now. Crazy critter that this one is, has grown on me lol

Great start!

Reef Suds, great idea. My hand is always in the tank, well not so much now as I have been trying to stop that but yes, kind of something that always bothered me.

Sorry to hear about the wrasse :( That is too bad that it never would eat for you. Finicky fish can be very difficult and frustrating.

That's exciting that you got two new frags! I'd love to see new photos! It definitely is hard to take things slow, but you'll definitely be glad you had patience in the long run. I agree, I loved my 10 gallon, but it just wasn't enough space. I upgraded to my 30 gallon within just a couple months of starting with a 10 gallon.

Sorry to hear about the wrasse :( That is too bad that it never would eat for you. Finicky fish can be very difficult and frustrating.

That's exciting that you got two new frags! I'd love to see new photos! It definitely is hard to take things slow, but you'll definitely be glad you had patience in the long run. I agree, I loved my 10 gallon, but it just wasn't enough space. I upgraded to my 30 gallon within just a couple months of starting with a 10 gallon.

I check stats on your tank as a guide regularly. I'm following basically the same setup. Things are good, but I had some alkalinity issues and I saw the millepora stripping a little on one side, although polyps are out and color is great. I added a citron goby yesterday, not realizing the issue between these guys and sps..my bad. So far he's been good and not looking too much at the corals, tending to perch on the glass and watch me. Anyway, I switched to red sea coral pro salt, and will not be adding the kent 2 part until I can get a decent test kit. I think the red sea salt will hold everything on its own as there are not too many calcium suckers for the time being. I don't have a decent lens to shoot close to the tank so its hard to get anything but I'll get my tripod out and see how that works.

I got this weird hard electric green coralline (I presume) covering my rocks. Its not a plant algae, I'm sure. Neon Yellow/green and hard. I'd rather the purple but oh well... Its wait n see I guess. Everything else is doing alright. :)

I got this weird hard electric green coralline (I presume) covering my rocks. Its not a plant algae, I'm sure. Neon Yellow/green and hard. I'd rather the purple but oh well... Its wait n see I guess. Everything else is doing alright. :)

I have that right now on the dry rock in the seahorse tank. I got the same stuff on my dry rock shortly after starting my main tank as well. It seems to be the stuff that shows up first and then over time it goes away and is replaced by the pink, purple, and red coralline. Some people think the bright green is pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of it. Luckily, I'm pretty sure it will go away since that is what happened in my main tank.

I have that right now on the dry rock in the seahorse tank. I got the same stuff on my dry rock shortly after starting my main tank as well. It seems to be the stuff that shows up first and then over time it goes away and is replaced by the pink, purple, and red coralline. Some people think the bright green is pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of it. Luckily, I'm pretty sure it will go away since that is what happened in my main tank.

Ya there are some red dots in with the green. It glows pretty intense pink under the blues but Ièd still rather see the purple stuff during the day. Neon green, just seems weird, its only on the marco rock. The live rock is showing pinkish and purple but that was there when I bought it. I tried uploading a pic but I have no space left, I guess I will. have to go premium membership soon.

Ya there are some red dots in with the green. It glows pretty intense pink under the blues but Ièd still rather see the purple stuff during the day. Neon green, just seems weird, its only on the marco rock. The live rock is showing pinkish and purple but that was there when I bought it. I tried uploading a pic but I have no space left, I guess I will. have to go premium membership soon.

That sounds just like what my dry rock as done. It should get replaced over time with the other colors.

Going the slow route and its going pretty well now. I added pura phoslock 2.5 tablespoons to my pura complete. 2separate bags inside an aquaclear 50. I removed my aquaclear 110 since the finnex hob refugium is taking off so well, the finnex light is growing chaeto like mad. On the whole it looks a bit tidier and less power cords since the aquaclear 50 doesn't need a ight. Still need light timers, doing it manually at night switching on the refugium when I come home from work at 12 am. Placido, the citron goby is now feeling comfy and enjoying the tank, showing no interest in my sps frags at this point, and lots more in mysis. He perches on the tiny refugium pump, good vibrations I guess. My next will be 2 percula clowns and/or a frag or 2 next week. 2 x waterchanges 5 gallon with red sea coral pro so far. Good salt, mixes fast and usable within 30 minutes, some say calcium is a bit high but I top off a lot so I guess it just dilutes. I will stick with it I think. Price wise, not much difference from IO and more magnesium and calc.

Purpling up. a little...doing the purple dance.

Archived