Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

How big is your halloween urchin? The guy said if I get it, it will probably starve after eating the algae I have now. Guess I need a bigger, dirtier tank =P.

Around 3" across. I've kept this urchin before and it lasted a solid year. He was always cleaning the glass and once I mistakenly fed him a piece of mysis. He seemed to love it. :blink:

I supplement mine with regular amounts of seaweed, btw. So maybe that helps? :D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found one of the anemone shrimp in the 3rd back chamber during a water change today. Sneaky little buggers. It took a good 30 mins to get him out and it was all luck that I spooked him enough for him to jump out and back into the tank.

Found one of the anemone shrimp in the 3rd back chamber during a water change today. Sneaky little buggers. It took a good 30 mins to get him out and it was all luck that I spooked him enough for him to jump out and back into the tank.

What type of anemone shrimp is this, if I might ask? Is it the Sexy shrimp or the white spotted nem ones? :)

I got two white spotted anemone shrimp and one pedersen anemone shrimp. They are TINY.

I had a white spotted nem shrimp named Arra that was with me for almost 2 years. She started out from 0.5" to 1.5" within that time before passing away. Very beautiful shrimp with personality. She always 'danced' on my Goni. I've been trying to find a replacement ever since, but so far haven't been successful. :(

I had a white spotted nem shrimp named Arra that was with me for almost 2 years. She started out from 0.5" to 1.5" within that time before passing away. Very beautiful shrimp with personality. She always 'danced' on my Goni. I've been trying to find a replacement ever since, but so far haven't been successful. :(

I got mine from KPA. Definitely recommend them.

I got mine from KPA. Definitely recommend them.

Ah, Ninja - but you forget. I'm not from the US, lol. Currently located opposite side of the world. :(

I'll have to put in an order, but right now I'm juggling between training a dragonet to slowly managing three marine tanks (1 QT) and one freshwater tank, so I'm worried I won't be able to devote much time to the little fella yet. Once everything stabilizes and I can transfer my livestock over to the 16G (hopefully end of the next month), then perhaps I'll order a pair. :)

I love that shrimp and the picture is awesome! :wub:

I can't help wondering how many rejected pictures were on your memory card before you got this one :)

I love that shrimp and the picture is awesome! :wub:

I can't help wondering how many rejected pictures were on your memory card before you got this one :)

haha, about 20 =P

Awesome shot of the white spot. Do you have a cleaner shrimp too? Just wondering if the anemone shrimp do ok with a cleaner in the tank as well.

No cleaner shrimp in this tank. I do have a scarlett red hermit crab but KPA say they should be fine. I have a cleaner shrimp in my Fluval Spec.

Archived