inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Superb photography :) Have a great trip! been in San Fran in Aug. for a week, it was so much fun, rode cable car for the first time, awesome experience.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news about Mushu! And your tank looks gorgeous--sure it'll be fine, especially if you're only going to be gone for a long weekend ;) Loving your God of Wars and those Fairy Dust. I may be finally getting bit by the zoa bug.

Just got back from my trip. Had a great time playing with my 4 months old niece. This tank is doing great but lost the big torch that I moved to the Spec. The other two torches are fine. I had the big one for a while now so sucks to see it go.

In related news, my sister just bought a new place in Cali and I convinced her and my mom to get a reef tank. Any recommendations for a 30-45 gallon tank??? Since I can't get one for my place, I will live vicariously through theirs.

Just got back from my trip. Had a great time playing with my 4 months old niece. This tank is doing great but lost the big torch that I moved to the Spec. The other two torches are fine. I had the big one for a while now so sucks to see it go.

In related news, my sister just bought a new place in Cali and I convinced her and my mom to get a reef tank. Any recommendations for a 30-45 gallon tank??? Since I can't get one for my place, I will live vicariously through theirs.

Sorry about the torch loss, but overall...success :happydance:. Fun stuff for your mom and sister. I assume they will do an AIO?

Dude those recent FTS's are absolutely beautiful. Just stunning really, the way your entire sand-bed is just covered in corals man..

I'm on a tight budget lately but really can't wait to upgrade my Spec V to something slightly bigger and really plan it a bit better. Such a motivating tank you have :D

love it! and yay mushu!

your tank is gorgeous!!

i love SF, hope you had loads of fun!

Thanks! I love visiting SF when the weather is nice. Luckily this time, I stayed in San Mateo where it's warmer and more sunny and less foggy.

Sorry about the torch loss, but overall...success :happydance:. Fun stuff for your mom and sister. I assume they will do an AIO?

I think they can do either sump or AIO. Any recommendations? I feel like AIO is best beginners but for a bigger size tank, may as well sump it right?

Dude those recent FTS's are absolutely beautiful. Just stunning really, the way your entire sand-bed is just covered in corals man..

I'm on a tight budget lately but really can't wait to upgrade my Spec V to something slightly bigger and really plan it a bit better. Such a motivating tank you have :D

Thanks! Sometimes I wish I am not such a hoarder so I can see more of the sandbed. Every time I sell one thing, I end up buying two new things.

Hope you guys dont mind some non reef related pics but here's the reason why I visited my sister and why I can't wait to go back. I had so much fun with my niece!

https://flic.kr/p/pyVyU2'>15468785137_7e5bfd1c13.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/oUv9Kd'>15033994354_8443b15642.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/pRqUNG'>15655574292_f614301eed.jpg

Awwww...she's adorable!!!!

I think they can do either sump or AIO. Any recommendations? I feel like AIO is best beginners but for a bigger size tank, may as well sump it right?

For a beginner tank, definitely go AIO. Although, keep in mind, this opinion is coming from a mechanically challenged girl :lol:. Maybe your mom and sister are better at that sort of thing :).

OMGOSH SO DARLING!

is that you in last foto??

yup, that's me =)

Awwww...she's adorable!!!!

For a beginner tank, definitely go AIO. Although, keep in mind, this opinion is coming from a mechanically challenged girl :lol:. Maybe your mom and sister are better at that sort of thing :).

I been looking at the new Fusion 40 gallon. Looks pretty good. Will have to think about this more. I would take the CADLights 34 gallon AIO but it has rounded corners and I hate that.

I been looking at the new Fusion 40 gallon. Looks pretty good. Will have to think about this more. I would take the CADLights 34 gallon AIO but it has rounded corners and I hate that.

Your niece is adorable. My wife is 9 months pregnant and is about to POP, so I'll probably have some baby pics on my thread sometime in the next week!

Honestly, when I had my nuvo 8, I was not biggest fan of rounded corners. At one point, I had told myself that whatever I got next would not have rounded corners. Then I started looking at pics of Trons 34 more and more and realized rounded corners are not all made equal. The rounded corners on the CAD34 mini are just breathtaking. I absolutely love mine. Check out this shot into the corner.

https://flic.kr/p/pdX1kL'>15242735922_759a249ef6_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/pdX1kL'>20140914_224835 by https://www.flickr.com/people/89326890@N03/'>cchsoracle, on Flickr

Your niece is adorable. My wife is 9 months pregnant and is about to POP, so I'll probably have some baby pics on my thread sometime in the next week!

Honestly, when I had my nuvo 8, I was not biggest fan of rounded corners. At one point, I had told myself that whatever I got next would not have rounded corners. Then I started looking at pics of Trons 34 more and more and realized rounded corners are not all made equal. The rounded corners on the CAD34 mini are just breathtaking. I absolutely love mine. Check out this shot into the corner.

15242735922_759a249ef6_b.jpg20140914_224835 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

yeah, i have to say i love my cadlights 8 too.

the glass is very well made.

yup, that's me =)

always great to put a face to the handle. :D

your tank is the reason why i even considered the CADLight 34 gallon =P. It's cheaper than the Fusion 30L too. But then shipping is crazy expensive...

your tank is the reason why i even considered the CADLight 34 gallon =P. It's cheaper than the Fusion 30L too. But then shipping is crazy expensive...

I don't know man, that's a hard decision. The fusion 30l is pretty nice too. I think my mind was made up because I had a IM tank and just wanted something different, even though the fusion series is much different than the standard nuvo series. I have since seen some of the fusion tanks on here and have been quite impressed. I was also a little weary with the problems they had with tanks cracking, but obviously that has nothing to do with the fusion line.

I personally think you would be just as happy with either tank. The point I was stressing is that just because you didn't like curved corners on a previous tank doesn't mean you won't like them on the CAD34. If I were in your shoes, I think the biggest deciding factor will come down to overall dimensions. I really enjoy the dimensions of the CAD34, but if you are looking for something slightly longer and shorter, then the fusion 30l would be the obvious choice.

I totally agree. I hate the curved glass on my biocube. But this specific tank is beautiful!!

I totally agree. I hate the curved glass on my biocube. But this specific tank is beautiful!!

what's wrong with the curved glass on your biocube?

A sad update. I got ich in my tank, probably from the new tailspot blenny. Firefish got ich first but seems to have recovered. The TSB looked fine the entire time but died on Halloween. I was advised to set up a QT anyways to kill off the ich in my DT. My friend brought over a 10 gallon tank last night. Simple HOB filter, heater, no light, no cover, used the filter pad from my DT tank for some bacteria. I was worried about not having a cover and planned to pick one up today. Woke up this morning and firefish is on the floor. *sigh*. I should have just covered it with a towel or something. I will leave my DT fallow for 10 weeks now for ich to go away.

That sucks,

what's wrong with the curved glass on your biocube?

It gets dirty with algae and I have a hard time getting it nice and clean. I also don't like the distortion it causes in the corners.

Your niece is such a cutie!

Yea, I agree with Gena & say go the AIO route as a first tank. Much simpler, and there's so much choice out there now.

Hey, you have two firefish in here, right?

How do they behave for you? I'm thinking of getting a pair sometime before Christmas. I am hoping for some more color to the tank as well as activity.

Thanksss!

Hey, you have two firefish in here, right?

How do they behave for you? I'm thinking of getting a pair sometime before Christmas. I am hoping for some more color to the tank as well as activity.

Thanksss!

they are buddies right now but still hide alot. no fightings, hide / sleep together. they do add alot of color when they are out.

i know Gena had a pair that were buddies at first then became enemies...so it can be hit or miss.

if you want some color, i think a wrasse will be out and about a lot. When I had the sixline, it's always cruising around the tank. A yellow coris is very bright and colorful, but it will get too big for your biocube.

other colorful fish: royal gramma, banggai cardinal, damsel...

Archived