inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took out my dusty macro lens. Lots of photos. Enjoy.

Slowly turning the top of the left rock into SPS land...

16874726866_e5c6e09690.jpg

Lime light staghorn

16712947518_fef3985663.jpg

Mystic montipora coloring up real nicely. Looks even better in person. Just wish it will grow faster!

16278217164_c1a1a21f70.jpg

Green montipora cap with BLUE polyps. Also a nice red planet acro on the right.

16278223844_946ae49e6c.jpg

Birdnest over zoa garden

16693267477_cba8a7f9e5.jpg

Sunny D colony that I got for $35 two weeks ago. Really hope I can keep the color this vibrant. My other sunny ds are more dull...

16899383412_b7c5d646e4.jpg

Close up of the gold maul zoas.
16714470509_c79777c821.jpg

Encrusting gonipora. VERY hardy. Got stung real bad by hammer a couple of months ago but made a full recovery.

16280620923_ff59ae5fe3.jpg

Yellowish leptrastrea.

16278246334_bed5ec9383.jpg

Hammer + Frogspawn

16899600921_8364a29565.jpg

Pedersen Shrimp "dancing" on the hammer

16693277427_b14f923415.jpg

Orange plate

16713198020_e139f12c3f.jpg

I know sometimes my photos look "photoshopped" but here's that orange plate in Lightroom with minimal editing. I increased the Fill Light / Brightness by only a tad and Clarity for sharpness. Shallow tank + top down + Nanobox = win.

16874749586_3a4883955a.jpg

Bringing to new page. wonderful shots!

Love then new pics. The tank is looking great and glad to hear your adding some sticks up top!

Sorry to hear about the firefish tho...

skyscraper2290

Awesome photos man, SPS is looking great. I hopefully get my duo back this week and I gotta take some top down shots after seeing yours

Thanks everyone! But more bad news. The tail on my other firefish is all shredded up. Something is bothering it. I suspect my clownfish has turned aggressive and beating up the firefish. I have not seen the aggression but I am at work most of the day. When I am home, they are both out but stay out of each other's way. I am not sure what else it can be. Can it be the scarlet hermit crab I got a few weeks ago?

Nano sapiens

Very likely the Clownfish. Cleaner shrimps can over-bother fish (especially in a small tank), but don't shred fins.

Very nice pics or the coral :) Just watch the Leptastrea as it grows fast and has a nasty sting for other corals.

Bummer to hear that the clowns are probably being aggressive. What are you planning to do?

feed them more and hopefully the clowns wont be ass when not hungry...if things get worst, i may trade in the firefish for something as aggressive as the clown. maybe a royal gamma?

Very likely the Clownfish. Cleaner shrimps can over-bother fish (especially in a small tank), but don't shred fins.

Very nice pics or the coral :) Just watch the Leptastrea as it grows fast and has a nasty sting for other corals.

I hope it grows! It can overtake the entire ledge. I replaced some of the zoas close to it just in case =P.

skyscraper2290

Smart, I will have to do that too as I don't want my fire fish getting beat up either. But royal gramma would be cool, I have started to think I might do a chalk bass if the fire fish doesnt work out. Have seen a little aggression to it now that everything is used to the tank, it's a bummer because fire fish are really gorgeous fish

Since the clown is already established, not sure a royal gramma will stick up for itself as the newcomer. :unsure: hope the increased feeding smooths things over between them. Doubt it's the hermit since firefish are so quick, and scarlets don't get very big, right?

Since the clown is already established, not sure a royal gramma will stick up for itself as the newcomer. :unsure: hope the increased feeding smooths things over between them. Doubt it's the hermit since firefish are so quick, and scarlets don't get very big, right?

I agree it's not likely the hermit...

I haven't seen the other firefish or the pedersen shrimp for 3 days now. No bodies to be found in or out of the tank. What's going on?!?! The only things changed recently was adding in an oxydator. I am noticing that the H202 solution disappeared really fast. In one week, it's all gone. Can too much H202 cause issues to the fish and shrimp? My clown is doing great. All the corals look better than ever. The oxydator in the other tank did not release H202 as fast as this one and the cleaner shrimp in there is doing fine.

New photos are great! How long have you had the SPS in there?

Some about 3 weeks now, but most recent ones were from last week. The montis I had for a long time but recently started to color back up after I got my alk stablized with daily dosing.

Great pics, but I'm sorry to hear about the firefish(es) and the shrimp :tears:

Too much H2O2 can affect shrimp, that much is well known. But the oxydator reportedly releases slowly enough not to affect them.

• 3 weeks later...
Littleworld

Hi mate, been a lurker and just wanted to say: your tank is my prime inspiration. Really, really impressive.

Sorry to hear you've had a loss. Keep on reefkeeping on.

Still alive =). Been super busy with work and life so haven't had time to catch up. Been lurking when possible. Got my wisdom teeth pulled 2 weeks ago and had the worst week of my life. Still feeling discomfort now. Tank been doing well. Corals are growing really well, to the point that I gave away a frogspawn and few zoa frags because just no more room =). Birdsnest and montis are creating a lot of shade. Here's a quick picture from a different perspective than normal.

17229057635_0c1196f6de.jpg

Like Littleworld said, keep on reefkeeping on!

Looking down right amazing !! I know the feels on the teeth man,it's no fun. How're the sps doing ?

SPS doing great! The tricolor that was all browned out when I got it is now gaining a lot of color. Mystic monti finally started to encrust on the rock. And this is all with not having tested Alk / Cal in like 3 weeks =P. Just dosing Alk whenever I remember which is like every other day.

Awesome man,I'm glad to hear. Honestly,with all my sps I hadn't tested in maybe like 6-7 months probably. I always relied on my sps to tell me what was goin on. Sometimes I feel like if you let everything make you think something's bad,as people and reef keepers we automatically try and fix it. Sometimes less is so much more.

You need some pics of those sps :D

Archived