Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer

Filtration:

Live Sand

Live Rock

Refugium with Chaeto

Chemipure Elite

50 Micron filter socks

321AD18D-6BF5-4736-8B72-47C301E8EA33-221

I will be looking to set up this tank over the weekend into early next week. Hopefully everyone enjoys and please follow along!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I am looking forward to the build.

What are you doing for a lid? Versa-Top or something custom?

Im gonna make a custom mess net lid like I do for all my tanks.

Very nice rockscape! What are your stocking plans?

Im going to do a mixed reef with mostly Zoas, palys, LPS, and just a few SPS cause I wanna try and maintain all my parameters with just weekly water changes. And I am not 100% on the fish yet cause I have soooo many I like. But so far I think I'm gonna do a Mandarin and maybe a Metallic Prawn Goby and pistol shrimp.

Following along! Like the scape as well.

Thanks Man!

What? No Octopus????? :huh:

I like the scape!

Thanks Spiro!! I thought real hard about doing another octopus tank and I would love to again in the future. But always liked my reef tank better. I don't have much money at all to invest in coral so if I do receive any freebies to fill this thing up it might end up having to turn into a octopus tank.

Very Nice. I'm following along. What's going on with that sump? I'd like to hear how it works.

Pat, I used a "Y" fitting coming from the overflow and split the outlet to the two ends of the 10 gallon sump. The right side is the fuge and it has a ball valve to reduce the flow. it flows into the center return area via 3/4" PVC. The left side has the filter sock, heaters and skimmer. It flows through three baffles and into the center return area. Water is fed back to the tank by a Mag 3.

Archived