Innovative Marine Aquariums

••Jacob's 20h••

Jacob042426

Current FTS:

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/jacob0424/media/DSC_0034_zpse18faa4f.jpg.html'>DSC_0034_zpse18faa4f.jpg

IMG_20140330_192922907_HDR_zpsca05d88a.j

no-time-to-explain-follow-the-snoop-dogg

Right after my pico's 1st b-day, I moved and upgraded to a 10 gallon I had laying around. I barely came on here after that due to school stuff and put my other builds on hold. Everything was still going amazing with the tank until a day before I left for half the summer. My house had to get tented, so I moved the tank across the street to my uncle's house and in my moms care. Long story short, I come home and EVERYTHING was dead. :(

So now I'm starting over, bigger and better. ;)

•••Equipment•••

Screenshot_2014-01-13-22-02-22_zps71ad62

•20 high, de-rimmed

•150w FNI halide (Thanks JBB!!)

•AquaC Remora skimmer

•DIY ATO

•Wp25

I'm going to focus on encrusting montipora and a select few acro's. I'm also going to have a lot of softies and nice zoas.

Tell me what you think on my start!

-Jacob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ninja:

omgomgomg

i actually still have the red titan, it survived the apocalypse! pm me your address so i can send it to you, I dont want it to die.

oh and your contest tank inspired me to get the 20h :bowdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Question- the coral in this tank is going to be mostly encrusting montipora. At first I thought that I would just dose kalkwasser, and now my friends are telling me I need two part also. Is this true?

• 3 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Question- the coral in this tank is going to be mostly encrusting montipora. At first I thought that I would just dose kalkwasser, and now my friends are telling me I need two part also. Is this true?

kalk:

2 part:

I recommend watching all of the videos in the series to see what's best for you and your system.

And I'm sure others will chime in as well.

I think I'm just gunna stick with kalk. I'm not going to have many acros, its going to be mainly encrusting monti's and lps/softies. It'll be much cheaper than 2-part.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. I ended up ditching the tunze and bought a remora skimmer for $70 shipped. I'm going to keep it AIO/HOB because I dont have room for a sump. I'm building the overflow for the skimmer this weekend and hopefully the tank will be up next weekend. :)

• 5 weeks later...

tank your size id just use two part, if anything were to go wrong with kalk your tank is done.

Sorry I missed this lol. I'm going to order some two part soon. I've been really busy lately, hopefully ill get some rock and set it up this weekend.

• 1 month later...

I've been insanely busy lately and haven't had time to do anything, but last weekend me and two friends went over Julian Sprung's house. He's a really awesome guy and we had a great time talking to him. His tank is so insane, I could stare at it for hours. Photobucket killed the quality, but I hope you guys enjoy the video.

th_CAM00270_zps172d8a3c.jpg

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/jacob0424/media/CAM00270_zps172d8a3c.mp4.html

Archived