Cultivated Reef

Tunze 9002 and Slim Cup Question

sangheili

Just got my Tunze 9002 Skimmer and InTank Cup today. The cup doesn't seem to rest very solidly on the skimmer. It falls over very easily as it is just resting on the end of the pipe going into the cup. I think the pipe may be too long on mine? Should the cup's bottom be resting on the outside rim of the skimmer? Mine is a few mm higher and thats what causes it to fall over. Is this going to be a problem? Anyone have similar experience?

Just got my Tunze 9002 Skimmer and InTank Cup today. The cup doesn't seem to rest very solidly on the skimmer. It falls over very easily as it is just resting on the end of the pipe going into the cup. I think the pipe may be too long on mine? Should the cup's bottom be resting on the outside rim of the skimmer? Mine is a few mm higher and thats what causes it to fall over. Is this going to be a problem? Anyone have similar experience?

Saw this question on your build thread. Unfortunately I do not have experience with this skimmer otherwise I would have answered your post earlier. Hope you get your answer soon. Have you tried contacting InTank? They will certainly be able to answer your question.

Hi sangheili-

Make sure the cup is not interfering with the air hose that is inside the skimmer. This can cause the cup to lean on the body. It is supposed to rest on the skimmers rim. Because the cup is off balance by design there is a slight balancing act that may need to take place in your application.

It looks like it works, I had it running for a few hours the other night and it was making skimmate. Just wish it sat a little firmer on the skimmer as it can fall over if the tank gets bumped any.

Archived