Cultivated Reef

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Love the macro stuffing going on in this tank. Highly admire your spawn plans for these difficult but oh so pretty fish :wub:. Wish I could commit to a mandy's needs.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got 3 new flower nems for this tank from a group order. A sexy shrimp is already picking out his favorite. Not all of these shown in the pic are mine, a couple are for club members.

IMG_20140725_210334210_HDR_zps799bfydz.j

Where were these purchased from? They are lovely!

So amazing..

This is an amazing tank. :)

Love the macro stuffing going on in this tank. Highly admire your spawn plans for these difficult but oh so pretty fish :wub:. Wish I could commit to a mandy's needs.

Those flowers are gorgeous. Hmm, I need to find myself a girl who would rather these to roses...

Thank you all for the kind words :wub:

Where were these purchased from? They are lovely!

VIP reef :)

• 4 weeks later...

Say-Whaaaaat!!!????

Fun video! Didn't realize they'd be compatable like that but it makes sense. Great catch!

I don't think its normal but then ... I don't think theres much/any info out there about the ruby red's behavior specifically since they are pretty new to the aquarium trade. So I guess who knows for sure what is normal?

Mr. Microscope

I don't think its normal but then ... I don't think theres much/any info out there about the ruby red's behavior specifically since they are pretty new to the aquarium trade. So I guess who knows for sure what is normal?

Well, occasionally a mother cat will take care of a baby racoon. Instincual programming can get confused. Though, who knows? This might be entirely normal behavior for the RR and pistol. We've just only ever associated the pistol with gobies. Anemones host damsel fish as well as clowns.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Had a super strain of nasty ass flukes and I have been fighting it for a few weeks now.

Either I had a bad bottle of prazipro or I had a resistant strain because my 1st bottle did nothing. I picked up a new bottle of prazi and have been every 4 days swapping the fish between two QT tanks and FW dipping in between. It's been about 2 weeks now and I don't see any flukes.

I did however lose all of the gobies and the wrasse. The dragonetts, clowns, damsel, and gramma have survived so far.

Debating on weather to put them back in the DT or go fallow for 8 weeks.

Otherwise the coral/nem's/clam are doing well. In fact, the tank seems to be stabilizing/maturing.. finally... a year down the road and finally seeing growth in the corals. *cross fingers*

Loved the vid - could it be possible that they have a symbiotic relationship with one another? Maybe not as strong as a Hi-fin goby or Yasha goby with a pistol, but a weaker one. Or this could be a quirk of nature, in which case I love it all the same. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just some catch-ups:

1. I finally beat the flukes a few months ago by dosing 2x the recommended dose of prazipro (normal dose did nothing). This however, did kill some inverts.

2. I re-did the sump entirly into a display sump with black acrylic background, ect. It will be for NPS.

3. My cat's tend to be party animals when I am gone for extended periods (days), pulling off couch cushions and crazy things they never do when I am home. Over x-mas break, they pulled my ATO out so the return chamber was so low the pump was sucking air and the entire display was covered in bubbles by the time I got home. This killed some SPS I had in there. The tank was also very cold as the heater is in the sump.

4. Two days ago the 40 breeder display cracked on the front pane from top to bottom. I was lucky I didn't end up with 40 gallons of water on the floor of a 2nd story apartment. The water was slowly seeping out so I had time to drain the tank and transfer everything to a 20g.

I was able to borrow a 30 breeder from Matt :bowdown: to fit the stand and get my sump/filtration running again until I can get a replacement tank. I may upgrade to a 40B rimless.

O wow Tamberav, so sorry to hear of the unfortunate mishaps with your tank. I am sure that its discouraging to just get the flukes gone and now have to deal with the tank leak. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully with a new rimless 40 will be a new beginning!

Whoa! Glad you were able to catch the crack before you had a flood. I'm worried about how nutty our younger cats will be when we're gone for a week this summer. Our old one will be fine, but we've never left the younger ones for more than a day or two. Silly cats. Doesn't sound like your ATO broke though, so that's good. :flower:

O wow Tamberav, so sorry to hear of the unfortunate mishaps with your tank. I am sure that its discouraging to just get the flukes gone and now have to deal with the tank leak. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully with a new rimless 40 will be a new beginning!

Thank you :flower:

Dang! Sorry to hear all that - have you gotten things stable again?

Luckily I was home when the cracked happened. I have some plumbing to finish today, but everything is doing good now.

Well got some exciting news :) My husband is awesome and ordered me a rimless 40g Breeder to fit my stand as a V-day gift :happydance: ... 8-12 weeks delivery though.

Wow, when it rains it pours. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles. So glad you were home when the tank decided to crack. Hang in there Amber.

Thanks Kat :):wub:

Archived