Top Shelf Aquatics

Nuvo 8/Nuvo 16

KSMART

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to really update on this tank although Im thinking about upgrading the LED's to either maxspect razor, AI Sol, or nanobox leaning towards nanobox the most...

I did however want to announce that I picked up a used IM Nuvo 16 for a killer deal from a local reefer. He got a deal on another tank and was letting this one go for under 50% of what they are brand new. Tank is in really good condition. I actually got it for my buddy who will be getting into the hobby. He'll have it in his office so it will be very easy for me to help out with it. We probably wont be setting it up until next April cause we are moving buildings but I was excited and wanted to post about it lol.

Today I put the led's that I had over my 24 jbj (no longer have the 24) over this tank. They are pretty high above the tank so I will probably lower them but for now I think they will do

post-77246-0-18225400-1387082458_thumb.jpg

post-77246-0-53409300-1387082720_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think the stock light would have been just fine for some mushrooms and even the rbta was looking good but my zoas weren't looking too great and since I had these other led's laying around I thought I'd give them a try. Everything seems to like them. Even my goblins on fire zoa has opened up. I still think I'll get the nano box, not that I want much higher light corals but I like the options you get with those led's with the cntroller.

I've been considering the Nano Box light for a Cad Light mini 8 I just bought but if I do it will be a few months down the road. I'll be interested to know how it works out for you if you get it. I really like the way your tank is looking.

Mike

I like what I see and read about them. If I get one it probably wont be for a few months either but I'll let you know. Due to Christmas and a funeral (grandma passed away, she was old and not very well health wise so it was a good thing) I had been out of the office for a few days so I stopped by yesterday and dropped off some snails. I'm starting to get more diatoms but I know it has to do with the increase lighting. I'm sure it will pass quickly. Everything is looking good. I need to do a water change this week and change the carbon this week. I just need to remember to take some water with me to work which for some reason I always forget to do lol.

• 1 month later...

well I'm kind of boring. I haven't really added anything new to the tank. We are supposedly moving offices this year and so I've kind of held off. Starting to see a lot of coraline growth on the rock and equipment so that is a good sign although it does get annoying once it starts taking over the glass lol.

Everything I do have is looking good though.

Here is an ok pic of my 12 gallon. A few months ago I was starting to lose all my zoas and fungias. I think I was having an issue with magnesium so I started using Kent Marine Coralvite and everything has bounced back and then some.

post-77246-0-34198500-1391462753_thumb.jpg

post-77246-0-28890000-1391462811_thumb.jpg

post-77246-0-36181000-1391463098_thumb.jpg

Polarcollision

Looking good! The more I see large mats of GSP, the more convinced I become to let mine off it's rock and onto the back wall, too. Can't help but notice a HUGE worm in the back corner.

Looking good! The more I see large mats of GSP, the more convinced I become to let mine off it's rock and onto the back wall, too. Can't help but notice a HUGE worm in the back corner.

It looks like a Brittle Sea Star to me.

It really looks good Kyle, and um . . . Happy Birthday!

: ) Thanks Mike!

If you're referring to my 12 gallon then yes that is a starfish that is getting too big for my tank lol. Probably will be finding it a new home soon although its my wife's favorite..

• 2 months later...

updated fts with new phone camera. sorry for the angle but if I took it head on you could see my reflection lol

we still havent moved offices yet. that was suppose to happen this month but I dont think it will happen until later this year. I've held off adding anything to the tank just to keep it more simple for when I have to move the thing.

post-77246-0-81407400-1397607091_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

its nothing too crazy, I always try and go for the minimalist look and my friend wanted an arch so there we have it but I think it will look really good once we have some coral in there.

Archived