Coral Vue Hydros

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

I received an email from Innovative Marine that my Fusion 30 left their warehouse in California and is on its way to Illinois. Tracking package information said that the latest I would receive it is on Wednesday, August 20th. The anticipation is too much. In the meantime I am going to prep everything else so that I can start immediately upon arrival.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to your new build. Trying to decide if I should go sump or AIO for my next tank.

Are you getting the squarish shaped Fusion 30? Or the 30L? (looks more similar to your 24's footprint).

Looking forward to your new build. Trying to decide if I should go sump or AIO for my next tank.

I like the AIO aquariums but am still making modifications to mine since I like to play. I have another aquarium that's not all in one and like it as well.

Are you getting the squarish shaped Fusion 30? Or the 30L? (looks more similar to your 24's footprint).

I'm getting the square Fusion 30 which has then black silicone and 8mm glass. The first generation of Nuvo 24's had 6mm rounded glass and this seemed to put stress on the glass especially when running additional pumps like the vortech mp10.

The anticipation of receiving my new tank has been challenging my patience. I'm really looking forward to getting this aquarium up and running. In the meantime I have designed an above the aquarium sump and refugium which I hope to install on the new Fusion 30. The sump is actually larger and the refugium will be 15 gallons. The sump/refugium combo comes from lifereef and also contains 3 large canister filters for media. The refugium actually sits above the sump and is a separate entity of its own. I have put together an equipment list and will be ordering a few items tomorrow. Need to build a strong enough shelf/stand to hold this sump/refugium.

Very interesting concept of doing a fuge/sump above an AIO tank, i am very curious to see this, like you, i hope you get your 30 soon!

The anticipation of receiving my new tank has been challenging my patience. I'm really looking forward to getting this aquarium up and running. In the meantime I have designed an above the aquarium sump and refugium which I hope to install on the new Fusion 30. The sump is actually larger and the refugium will be 15 gallons. The sump/refugium combo comes from lifereef and also contains 3 large canister filters for media. The refugium actually sits above the sump and is a separate entity of its own. I have put together an equipment list and will be ordering a few items tomorrow. Need to build a strong enough shelf/stand to hold this sump/refugium.

Interested to see what this looks like and how it works for you.

Very interesting concept of doing a fuge/sump above an AIO tank, i am very curious to see this, like you, i hope you get your 30 soon!

Interested to see what this looks like and how it works for you.

I will post some photos as the project unfolds. Hope to get the Fusion on Wednesday and already have the sump and refugium. Been drawing up some plans for this combination. The one issue I need to address and test is overflow in case of a power outage. I need to make sure the Fusion will be able to handle the drained water. Because IO tanks leave a little more than an inch from the top, this system should work. I certainly will have fun designing it.

Legendary Corals

Just found out about your loss of your old tank. I came in here expecting to see the thriving reef in your signature but instead found sad news. Really glad that IM and your LFS are great people are are lending a hand to bring your next tank back into full glory, we need more people like that! Let me know if you ever see something of ours that you'd like, will definitely hook it up to help along as well.

PS: I'm pretty excited to see your new fusion! You have a new follower.

So sorry to hear about your Nuvo 24 :( but it sounds like IM's customer service is coming through. Did you lose equipment when the tank burst too?

Just found out about your loss of your old tank. I came in here expecting to see the thriving reef in your signature but instead found sad news. Really glad that IM and your LFS are great people are are lending a hand to bring your next tank back into full glory, we need more people like that! Let me know if you ever see something of ours that you'd like, will definitely hook it up to help along as well. PS: I'm pretty excited to see your new fusion! You have a new follower.
Thank you for the kind words which aid in helping me get motivated to create my next build. I enjoyed viewing the corals on your site and will be ordering some of your pieces as soon as I can get the Fusion up, running, and cycled. Still no word on delivery but hope to get it in by Wednesday. Thanks again for your support.

So sorry to hear about your Nuvo 24 :( but it sounds like IM's customer service is coming through. Did you lose equipment when the tank burst too?
No equipment loss, as the circuit cut as soon as the accident happened preserving the heaters, pumps, lights and chiller. Just was difficult picking up all the animals off the floor. Don't like to see anything die, especially since this could have been prevented. I have my fingers crossed that the next tank will be solid and I will be able to recreate my scape and system from the Nuvo 24. Your sympathies and support are much appreciated. On to the new adventure soon.

Yeah! Some of my equipment came in. Another MP10ES, battery backup, reef link, uv sterilizer bulb, and free Marine Depot Tee-shirt. Now only need to get the tank. I'm really planning to deck out this aquarium. Love to play with aquarium toys.

Started the above aquarium sump nod refugium modifications. Built the stand which still needs painting and placed the sump above it. The refugium is on the floor and still holds my RO/DI water. It will be placed in the middle section of the sump. Still need to purchase a couple of aquarium pumps to get the water for the aquarium to the sump, for the refugium, and for the canister filters located to the right. They can hold a ton of media.

post-80849-0-35610400-1408475457_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-67465900-1408475673_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-04120600-1408475691_thumb.jpg

No equipment loss, as the circuit cut as soon as the accident happened preserving the heaters, pumps, lights and chiller. Just was difficult picking up all the animals off the floor. Don't like to see anything die, especially since this could have been prevented. I have my fingers crossed that the next tank will be solid and I will be able to recreate my scape and system from the Nuvo 24. Your sympathies and support are much appreciated. On to the new adventure soon.

At least you don't have to start over completely from scratch. It's the little things I guess. Ugh, I can only imagine how awful it must've been to have to pick everything up. I lost my last tank after a car accident and the only silver lining out of losing that tank was that someone else handled breaking it down. Not sure I'd have gotten back into the hobby if I'd seen the dead corals.

Yay for new stuff arriving! That above tank sump/fuge is going to be awesome.

At least you don't have to start over completely from scratch. It's the little things I guess. Ugh, I can only imagine how awful it must've been to have to pick everything up. I lost my last tank after a car accident and the only silver lining out of losing that tank was that someone else handled breaking it down. Not sure I'd have gotten back into the hobby if I'd seen the dead corals.

Yay for new stuff arriving! That above tank sump/fuge is going to be awesome.

Thank goodness for small favors. I'm still figuring out all the logistics for the sump/refugium combo, but I think I have most of my basis covered. Just want to make sure that if the power goes out, there is enough room in the Fusion 30 to hold the excess water. Because the IM Fusion 30 has an inch of space from the top of the aquarium, planning the correct water level in the above sump will be key.

Just got a call from my LFS. My new Fusion 30 has arrived and is available for pickup. Hoping to get there this evening if the wife allows. Should start the new build this evening or tomorrow.

Got my aquarium home at 8pm tonight. Have not had the opportunity to open the box yet but will begin the new build tomorrow afternoon. Also picked up a few quite one pumps to push flow from the Fusion 30 to the above aquarium sump, another quite one pump to run my canister filters, and a third pump to operate the flow to my 15 gallon refugium. Looking forward to putting the system together tomorrow and through the weekend.

The new IM Fusion 30 has been tested, and is now up and running. I honestly do not think that any cycling is going to be needed as I added established live sand and rock from my 220 gallon reef. All parameters are testing well, no ammonia or nitrite and just a little nitrate around 5ppm. The tank has been up and running for 2 hours and all seems good. I placed 3 rock formations to mimic my Nuvo 24. I am going for the same look and am motivated to establish this new system. Also added a bottle of bio-spiral for a little extra bacteria but probably did not need to. I will have pictures tomorrow as nano reef is unable to load my pictures for whatever reason tonight.

Yeah! Some of my equipment came in. Another MP10ES, battery backup, reef link, uv sterilizer bulb, and free Marine Depot Tee-shirt. Now only need to get the tank. I'm really planning to deck out this aquarium. Love to play with aquarium toys.

Started the above aquarium sump nod refugium modifications. Built the stand which still needs painting and placed the sump above it. The refugium is on the floor and still holds my RO/DI water. It will be placed in the middle section of the sump. Still need to purchase a couple of aquarium pumps to get the water for the aquarium to the sump, for the refugium, and for the canister filters located to the right. They can hold a ton of media.

I gotta say that sump is sweet! Looking forward to seeing the complete set up!

Polarcollision

Oh no! I just learned of the 24's fate. :tears: :tears: It was truly a beautiful tank--one of my favs here.

Was it a 1st generation with the thinner glass? I'm starting to feel like I should preempt shattering and ditch my 2nd generation 24.

Oh no! I just learned of the 24's fate. :tears: :tears: It was truly a beautiful tank--one of my favs here.

Was it a 1st generation with the thinner glass? I'm starting to feel like I should preempt shattering and ditch my 2nd generation 24.

Thank you for the kind words. I take this as a tremendous compliment coming from one who also has some very beautiful aquariums. My Nuvo 24 was a generation 1 and lasted longer than others who had the same issue. I just recently received a replacement Fusion 30 and it has been up and running for 2 days now. I still have pictures to remember my Nuvo in all its glory and to try and recreate it as best I can. Hopefully my new system can become one of your favorites again.

As Ben Franklin once quoted "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". Transferring your aquarium might be a bit of a pain now, but can save you heart ache and tears in the long run.

Wow, that really sucks about the 24 it was lookin real good! Glad to hear they hooked ya up with the 30 tho although its not the best way to do an upgrade.

Anyways look forward to the new tank, definitely off to a real nice start with the equipment! :)

Damn, I am so sorry to hear about the loss :( I am sure your next tank will be even better!

Round corners on tanks scare me from so many stories with different brands of tanks.

Wow, that really sucks about the 24 it was lookin real good! Glad to hear they hooked ya up with the 30 tho although its not the best way to do an upgrade. Anyways look forward to the new tank, definitely off to a real nice start with the equipment! :)
The incident was quite devastating from an aquarist point of view. It was difficult seeing all the time, care, and efforts of creating the system go down in one single moment. Innovative Marine and the owner of my LFS really stepped up and gave me a hand. The Fusion has been up and running since Thursday and all readings are perfect. I'm going to start transferring a few corals from my 220 gallon reef to the Fusion tomorrow. Trying to get a similar look like my Nuvo 24.

Damn, I am so sorry to hear about the loss :( I am sure your next tank will be even better! Round corners on tanks scare me from so many stories with different brands of tanks.
I heard and read the stories as well but did not heed the warnings. I paid the price but am motivated to create another beautiful aquarium. Finding similar corals will be challenging but I am planning to move a few pieces from my 220 gallon reef over so I'm not starring at bare depressing rock work. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Archived