inTank Media Baskets

Show me you Original and Neat Looking Aquascaping!

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Here's the deal, I know we have a lot of very creative, experienced reefers on this thread. Clean and sharp looking tanks come from experience and people who just have a knack for it imho. I recently started building my ,"Dream system" and haven't spared much in the way of costs. While my size is limited, I wanted a great system. I was building a 40 breeder, but after some quality control issues on two 40s in a row I have a 75 gallon. Now after spending a lot of money on a nice system and equipment, I really don't want a junk looking aquascape.

I would love to see some memebers FTS with some cool aquascaping, I need some ideas before I build the new scape! Can't spend this much blood,sweat,tears, and money and have it look like garbage!lol. Just looking for some ideas and inspiration, and you guys have a chance to show off your tank pics!

I am looking for some killer original stuff for ideas. However, if you have a great looking system don't hesitate to post whatever FTS you want! Every scape has work and imagination into it by the owner. If for nothing else this will create a killer FTS thread for people to browse. I LOVE browsing FTS, but usually you have to tool through a lot of pages to get the good parts. This way its nothing but tank eye candy, Reef erotica so to speak,haha!

EXACTLY what I was talking about! How did you get that suspended part? Just a large piece or rock?

That's not mine....yet.

My dead live rock(beautiful by the way) is out in the backyard in a rubbermaid soaking the acid wash out.

The intention is to glue it together using a combo of acrylic rods, CA glue, and Aquastix putty.

This hobby is not for the impatient.

Cant go wrong with a island or pillar look. PLEASE DONT DO 1 BIG ROCK WALL(Pile) Aquatecture has some sweet looking stuff but not too cheep.

Here's mine when I first set it up..

45b2f4eb.jpg

And today...

20130730_143645.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pic. I just snapped it with my phone for this thread..

Wow. What lights are you using?

Instead of less rock I went more rock XD

Full rock back wall leaves a lot of space for corals. Then I have 2 rock towers and a dragon decoration I picked up at petsmart.

nightshot_zps385663a1.jpg

Deleted User 4

Instead of less rock I went more rock XD

Full rock back wall leaves a lot of space for corals. Then I have 2 rock towers and a dragon decoration I picked up at petsmart.

nightshot_zps385663a1.jpg

Why is that dragon head still there? LOL.

I think the scape would be perfect without that dragon head....

Because I like it and I want it to be there. Some people think fish tank decorations are tacky well I like this one so I put it in my tank.

To each his own.

Deleted User 4

Because I like it and I want it to be there. Some people think fish tank decorations are tacky well I like this one so I put it in my tank.

To each his own.

You must love dragons a whole lot. :)

I am going to do a 500 gallon tank with a single frag plug for rockwork. Ultra minimalist.

That's not minimalist.....my next tank will be completely bare and I plan to just glue the frags directly to the bottom panel.

Could actually be kinda cool with the right corals lol.

Steensj2004

I was hoping for more picture posts.... here is what have so far, picked up 45 lbs of cured liverock from the LFS today to go with the ~35 lbs I had before. Not happy with it, I will tweek it some more.

post-79843-0-43110300-1375314373_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-12932800-1375314377_thumb.jpg

But I am only going to keep a single zoa head in it.

Haha, how about a 500 gallon tank with a single zoa head on a single frag plug and A SINGLE GRAIN OF SAND on the bed. That's minimal.

Archived