Innovative Marine Aquariums

CadLights 47G Starfire

Ebn

you should definitely do a follow up post on the dash, im stuck between them and earin and im not sure which one im going to go with!

Definitely will once I get a moment to get both of them up and running (left side dash doesn't seem to be responding and waiting for support to get back to me).

Went into work yesterday and did some work with the Nyos for the first time. Really like the stuff and the consistency was pretty easy to work with (start wet and then add more powder as needed while kneading in hand).

Here's some Nyos near some TLF gray two part.

nyos_vs_twopartepoxy.jpg

Also some quick shots of some of the corals. Not as clean as I'd like just due to the cloudiness from the Nyos and epoxy, which my skimmer was slowly pulling out.

Green slimer which started out as a 2mm speck.

green_slimer_062516.jpg

Some ricordea to start out an eventual garden.

ricordea_rock_062516.jpg

Rastas

rastas_062516.jpg

PPEs

ppe_062516.jpg

Mandarins

mandarin_zoas_062516.jpg

Red hornets

red_hornets_062516.jpg

Emerald mummy eye. Pale as hell from lack of nutrients.

emerald_mummyeye_062516.jpg

Utter chaos. Growing decently well. Started out as a single polyp and the colors are slowly coming in.

cr_utter_chaos_062516.jpg

Cali Reef rainbow table. Got this along with the pink Cadillac two days prior. Finally mounted along with all the other frags.

cr_rainbow_table_062516.jpg

Cali Reef pink Cadillac

cr_pink_cadillac_062516.jpg

Cali tort. Just picked up earlier in the day.

cali_tort_062516.jpg

My little leopard wrasse as she's cruising around the tank. Fat from eating Hikari mysis and capelin roe.

leopard_wrasse_062116.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Trio cleared QT and into DT.

ventralis_trio_070516.jpg

Added later in the day. They look amazing with just the late night LEDs.

ventralis_female_actinic_070516.jpg

Also added a couple of new pieces of SPS, one of which I'm pretty excited about. Dipped and placed into the tank and hopefully it likes where it's currently at. Lights were out in the tank by the time that I got it in, so pics in the next couple of days.

• Like 4

What I'm excited about.

RR Pink Floyd. Can't wait to get this one glued down and growing.

rr_pinkfloyd_070716.jpg

Ruby red dragonet female. Really love the colors on these fish from the first moment that I read about them. It's a female, but I don't mind it one bit.

rubyred_dragonet_070816.jpg

Onyx clowns with lineage back to Rod's original pair.

onyx_clowns_070816.jpg

The parents are one of the last pairs that Rod sold off. Always wanted a pair of these guys even before Rod's female passed on. These guys are quite small if you consider the zoas in the frame with them. Some of my snails are the same size or larger than these guys. :lol: Local breeder had 75+ of these, and these are some of the last ones with the pure black dorsals. Some of the others will probably acquire the black dorsals, but these guys were already carrying them and exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 4

Great coral collection. Love your clowns those are super sweet.

Thanks!

Your selection of fish is awesome! Especially that wrasse! How big is it?

That wrasse is tiny. It was the smallest one out of the 8 that they had in the shop at the time. It was right around 1" when I first got it. It's grown a bit now and I'd say it's a hair under 2" now.

Got in a shipment today, this time from Copps.

sps_lineup.jpg

BG: left: CITR Red Dragon; right: Orenji danae

FG: Bella's acro, Copps' red tabling A. hyacinthus, OG pink lemonade, Copps' 24 karat milli, Copps' blueberry Miyagi tort

Not pictured: Copps' turquoise A. hoeksemai stag (hopefully it pulls through)

blizzardscout2

I am glad you got the tank up and running. It is a beautiful build and I look forward to your progress. I absolutely love the tank stand. May I pick your brain when I get closer to building mine?

I am glad you got the tank up and running. It is a beautiful build and I look forward to your progress. I absolutely love the tank stand. May I pick your brain when I get closer to building mine?

Most definitely. I've actually been considering about building a new stand, version 2, to incorporate a dry section on the right side for the equipment (Apex, Amazon Fire tablet, Vortech controllers, etc.) as well as a larger footprint.

• Like 1

Those ventralis are beautiful!

How do plan to procure a resplendent angel? That would be awesome if you could get one.

I wish they were still available, but they aren't. They aren't even being collected for scientific study any more, although Copps did mention that he saw a few in the shops in Japan while visiting there a few years back.

I'm interested in 3 different dwarf angels if they ever show up. C. hotumatua (no longer collected and I think the last one in captivity died a few years back), C. resplendent (if ever), and C. debelius (gotta save for one for when I get a bigger tank).

Tank went through an algae bloom in the last couple of weeks and started clearing up this week. I literally couldn't see more than 3-4" into the tank at one point, but it slowly cleared. I eventually stuck the Green Machine 9W UV on it yesterday and it's crystal clear this morning.

Managed to glue/epoxy more of the frags to the rockwork. That's pretty much everything glued down for now. It's just a waiting game for growth and coloration now.

composition_071616.jpg

• Like 1

Love the anthias. Did you buy them online or get them locally?

Thanks! They're some of my favorite fish. They were acquired online and shipped in from Hawaii (zoacollector). They're also the main reason why I'm keeping the tank at 76°F.

One of the Bay Area LFS brought in a number of ventralis in from QM. Picked up a trio and they're now in QT.

Friend came up from SoCal with his wife and brought some goodies along with him.

Pearlberry. Can't wait until this one colors up (browned out from the trip).

pearlberry_072316.jpg

Replacement turquoise stag, A. hoeksemai, from Copps. Just the tip from the 4" frag.

copps_turqouise_hoeksemai_072316.jpg

Pink boobies. Let's see how this one does in my nutrient stripped water.

pink_boobie_072316.jpg

Hawkin's echinata

hawkins_echinata_072316.jpg

Accidental frag of his Shades of Fall

shades_of_fall_072316.jpg

RR piece. Don't remember which one this was.

tris_yellow_table_072316.jpg

Oregon tort. Brought up as a frag to replace the one that I lost.

oregon_tort_072316.jpg

Copp's King Tut tabler, A. tutielensis. Slowly regaining it's purple after browning out from the fragging.

copps_king_tut_tabler_topdown_072316.jpg

Red table that the centerpiece in his tank.

tris_red_milli_072316.jpg

Lastly, he also brought up a few heads of his frogspawn since mine hadn't grown any at all. Tucked it next to the hammer and the clowns are loving it.

tris_frogspawnwithhammer_topdown_072316.

Other random shots

Pink lemonade

pink_lemonade_072316.jpg

ASD Margery's Rainbow

margerys_rainbow_072316.jpg

red_bristlestar_072316.jpg

ventalis_072316.jpg

A RR paly. Not sure which one this was, but found it interesting that one of the adult polyps has a different color. Bleached out somehow. It'll probably look like the others once it recovers.

unknown_red_palys_072316.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just some pics to catch up on. Increased coloration from the addition of three more ventralis, bringing the pack up to 5. The original male from my first trio didn't make it. He ended up with uronema and passed away in the course of two days. The larger and bolder of the two females from that trio is now queen of the harem. She's significantly larger than the others and way more aggressive. We'll see if she transitions over to becoming the male.

Hawkins echinata

hawkins_echinata_topdown_080116.jpg

CaliReef Purple Cadillac with mesenterial filaments during feeding of the fish

cr_purple_cadillac_mesenterial_080116.jp

RR Bowsers

rr_bowser_palys_080416.jpg

ASD Margery's Rainbow starting to take on the multi-colors

margerys_rainbow_080416.jpg

CITR Red Dragon. Browned out, but the colors are bouncing back.

citr_red_dragon_080516.jpg

RR Pink Floyd. Nub in the back has grown into a branch. Has the best yellow tips in the tank. Hope it bleeds more into the body.

rr_pink_floyd_080816.jpg

RR grafted cap. Colors bouncing back now that it's glued down.

rr_grafted_cap_080816.jpg

Copps' 24K milli

copps_24k_milli_080816.jpg

Copps' red tabling A. hyacinthus. Body is still pale and the base is taking on a strange coloration.

copps_red_tabling_hyacinthus_080816.jpg

$30 no name mini colony. Hit the sweet spot on this one. Yellow-bodied with purple tips.

yellow_base_with_purple_tips_tort_080816

Saving this one last. $10 frag from the CaliReef discount bin. Noticed the slightest hint of purple on it when I first saw it. It's coloring up to be a stunner. Purple body throughout with a different color growth edge. The tips are slowing darkening up and then the first signs of green/yellow on the tips. More of the corallites are starting to show this as well, so we'll have to see if this does happen.

crc_frag_080816.jpg

• Like 1

Last bit of stuff that I haven't posted before.

Battlecorals lineup

bc_corals_lineup_080916.jpg

Background: Spainbow...and Ultra Venus (not sure about this one; waiting for confirmation)

Spainbow

bc_spainbow_080916.jpg

Ultra Venus

bc_ultra_venus_080916.jpg

Foreground: Aquatic-Man Table, Bubblebath Unicorn, When Flowers Grow Out of My Grave

Aquatic-Man

bc_aquatic-man_table_080916.jpg

Bubblebath Unicorn

bc_bubblebath_unicorn_080916.jpg

When Flowers Grow Out of My Grave

bc_flowers_over_my_grave_080916.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful pics, you've got some great fish and coral!

Just curious though, but are you sure your dragonet is a female? It looks like it's got the dorsal fin of the male to me. Either way, they are great fish and really fun to watch if you get a pair of them :)

Beautiful pics, you've got some great fish and coral!

Just curious though, but are you sure your dragonet is a female? It looks like it's got the dorsal fin of the male to me. Either way, they are great fish and really fun to watch if you get a pair of them :)

Thanks!

Good eye. It started it out with a much smaller fin when I originally picked "her" up. I just saw him spread his full dorsal for the first time. It's definitely a male. I might have to go back to see if they have a female that I can pair him up with. :)

Thanks!

Good eye. It started it out with a much smaller fin when I originally picked "her" up. I just saw him spread his full dorsal for the first time. It's definitely a male. I might have to go back to see if they have a female that I can pair him up with. :)

Hahah that's what I thought! You should get a female because then you'll really see that dorsal fin when he displays for the female - it's really cool and they're really great fish!

Hahah that's what I thought! You should get a female because then you'll really see that dorsal fin when he displays for the female - it's really cool and they're really great fish!

Definitely. I'll pick one up next time I'm at Aquatic Collection. :)

This tank is incredible. Great craftsmanship and fantastic livestock choices. I'm looking forward to seeing a FTS soon!

Not sure how soon that will be. Tank sits between a couple of windows and there's mad glare on the front of the tank. I'm usually not around when the sun goes down so haven't taken any FTS for that reason.

Awesome stuff Ebn. Those anthias are incredible!

Thanks Dave! I was expecting them to shoal more like other anthias. These guys are unexpectedly aggressive. There's a hierarchy in the ranks and they're usually spaced 5-6" in between each with an occasional dive bomb by one or another. The second position is currently in contention and it's been really interesting to see a couple of the subdominants size out each other with displays of buccal distention and locked fins.

BTW, how's the development of the v2 hybrid going? Also, what are your thoughts on the Radion G4?

Great addition. Love that $30 no namer. That's awesome. Great shots.

Thanks! That one was a nice surprise. I can't wait to see it grow out to a true colony.

Gosh I love your pictures! I have to do much better with mine. Thank you for your guidance on my thread.

Of course I love your SPs choices. :flower:

Thanks!

Just keep snapping those pics. They're already good and will only get better.

I'm also pretty much done with the list of gotta haves in the tank for SPS. There's a few stragglers here and there, but I'm running out of mounting points for new ones. Gonna be taking some of the seeding and tester frags to the swap later this month and get rid of them.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave! I was expecting them to shoal more like other anthias. These guys are unexpectedly aggressive. There's a hierarchy in the ranks and they're usually spaced 5-6" in between each with an occasional dive bomb by one or another. The second position is currently in contention and it's been really interesting to see a couple of the subdominants size out each other with displays of buccal distention and locked fins.

BTW, how's the development of the v2 hybrid going? Also, what are your thoughts on the Radion G4?

Coming along. :) I have been finishing videos, new website and other items that needed priority.

New G4 looks ok. The lens will help people from torching corals but the funny thing is that it is like running no optics. Like I have been doing for years! The cop out to me is adding a single warm white, which is comical.

Tank really looks good. I will keep you informed!

-Dave

• Like 1

Coming along. :) I have been finishing videos, new website and other items that needed priority.

New G4 looks ok. The lens will help people from torching corals but the funny thing is that it is like running no optics. Like I have been doing for years! The cop out to me is adding a single warm white, which is comical.

Tank really looks good. I will keep you informed!

-Dave

Sweet! Can't wait to see the new site launched. Looks great from the preview pic.

I also saw that hybrid all-LED fixture that you're tossing together. How's the coverage for wrapping the light around corals so far on it?