Innovative Marine Aquariums

CadLights 47G Starfire

Ebn

Sweet! Can't wait to see the new site launched. Looks great from the preview pic.

I also saw that hybrid all-LED fixture that you're tossing together. How's the coverage for wrapping the light around corals so far on it?

Really good. The arrays on the side are so slightly angled. It has the same power as four Duos or two new Wide Quads.

• Like 2

Really good. The arrays on the side are so slightly angled. It has the same power as four Duos or two new Wide Quads.

Hmm, interesting. That fixture going through any sort of testing soon over a SPS dominant tank? :)

Also, standard hanging option for it or can it work with some sort of arm?

Hmm, interesting. That fixture going through any sort of testing soon over a SPS dominant tank? :)

Also, standard hanging option for it or can it work with some sort of arm?

Email Q's so we do not clog you thread up. :D

• Like 1

Going back and taking a look at the pics, it's quite amazing how one of the $20 sps frags has colored up in the last couple of months.

This is the original piece picked up around two months ago. Managed to encrust a bit on the piece of rock that I glued it to but showing the hints of purple coloration that I originally saw at the LFS.

calireef_purple_frag_061616.jpg

Here's the frag today. Doesn't have a name or any sort of lineage, but probably my favorite piece currently.

calireef_purple_profile_081116.jpg

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

Going back and taking a look at the pics, it's quite amazing how one of the $20 sps frags has colored up in the last couple of months.

This is the original piece picked up around two months ago. Managed to encrust a bit on the piece of rock that I glued it to but showing the hints of purple coloration that I originally saw at the LFS.

calireef_purple_frag_061616.jpg

Here's the frag today. Doesn't have a name or any sort of lineage, but probably my favorite piece currently.

calireef_purple_profile_081116.jpg

Those are the best pieces. Lil cheap brown out nubs that turn into something beautiful.

composition_082216.jpg

Those are the best pieces. Lil cheap brown out nubs that turn into something beautiful.

Yep! I'm coloring a couple of pieces for a buddy of mine and his wife. They were visiting and we went to a couple of LFS and at one of them they were looking at wild frags like I was. They each kept on going back to a couple of frags but after a bunch of hee haws they decided to skip out on them. Since I was intrigued by the frags, I decided to pick up one of each of the frags to see what they might turn into.

Buddy's pick

crc_tris_acro_comparo_082316.jpg

His wife's pick.

jamies_frag_comparo_082316.jpg

Image links aren't working for me :(

Server error. Try refreshing now.

Oh, I found one of those smooth skin dragons this past weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one makes it.

wild_dragon_082216.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, made this awhile back but I guess I never posted it on here.

DIY battery backup for one of the MP10W-es attached to a trickle charger to keep it topped of when not in use.

Battery in the case. Higher capacity than the one used by Ecotech so it'll last a bit longer (20 amp-hour SLA versus their 18 amp-hour). I can also fit two extra batteries in there later on as needed.

backup_inside_081916.jpg

Top on so that any splashes doesn't have any effect as well as keeping it discreet in the office.

backup_outside_081916.jpg

Normal operation on the controller.

backup_vortech_normal_081916.jpg

Main power removed for testing. Running on battery with no issues.

backup_vortech_ac_081916.jpg

Not too shabby for ~$76 of parts and ~30 minutes of work.

Very well made indeed! I need to shoot them an email in regards to the design flaw in their design with the Apex AFS section. The area between the notch and the netting, it doesn't allow all the food to clear. Part of the food actually lands on the lip there.

• 3 months later...
Been awhile since I've updated this, with the move as well as the holiday break. Had a mishap with the dosers so lost some frags and quite a few in recovery mode.
Anywho, here's the comp to start off the new year. Couple of the newer frags are still not colored (OG PM and PL), but that's expected.

composition_010417.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to clean out my sump.

Both valves off, unions disconnected, and sump slid out as expected. Yep, she's dirty, but not as bad as those rusted hangers on the door (need to pull those off and redo the door eventually).

dirty_sump_011217.jpg

Relatively clean. Need to pick up a brush to get in between those baffles next time.

clean_sump_011217.jpg

• Like 2

Added more sticks to the mix.

Pink lemonade to replace the one that was stung by one of the RFA that eventually caused it to RTN. This one came from a very low nutrient tank and needs to recover its colors (Bennett tort to the right of it and a Paletta pink tip in the background).

pink_lemonade_b_011617.jpg

PC superman nub

pc_superman_011817.jpg

Tierra del Fuego from the same tank. Starting to see some colors developing on it.

tierra_del_fuego_011817.jpg

JF Fox Flame

jf_foxflame_011817.jpg

RR Canada Orange Passion

rr_canada_op_011817.jpg

This unassuming frag was fragged and then accidentally dropped on top of a meat coral. Lost its colors but polyps are out and there's plenty of potential for when it recovers. Homewrecker. :P

tris_homewrecker_011817.jpg

What goes in the tank on the weekdays.

daily_feeding.jpg

From top left: V20 mini mysis, Nutramar ova, spirulina enriched brine shrimp, Hikari mini bloodworms, LRS nano, and V20 oyster eggs. All dumped into the 250mL beaker, thawed with plain water, and then fed over the course of 5-6 hours manually.

• Like 2

What goes in the tank on the weekdays.

daily_feeding.jpg

From top left: V20 mini mysis, Nutramar ova, spirulina enriched brine shrimp, Hikari mini bloodworms, LRS nano, and V20 oyster eggs. All dumped into the 250mL beaker, thawed with plain water, and then fed over the course of 5-6 hours manually.

Mmm....

wow, doesn't the thawed food stink?

Nope, not at all. It goes from freezer to the beaker with the water and then is used up before the end of the day. I haven't notice the smell and my coworkers have never mentioned it before.

Really like this tank. What kind of anthias are those?

Thanks! They're bimaculatus (Pseudanthias bimaculatus). Very bold fish that are keeping my small group of green chromis in check.

Some growth pics. Some very slow and others relative fast growers.

Currently competing with my Oregon tort in terms of blues. Can't wait to see this sucker grow out more since it definitely has a different growth than the Oregon.

crc_frag_june16tojanuary17.jpg

No namer frag. Still like what I'm seeing so far.

crc_frag01_july16tojanuary17.jpg

Pearlberry

pearlberry_july16tojanuary17.jpg

AquaSD rainbow table

asd_rainbow_table_august16tojanuary17.jp

Battlecoral Spainbow

bc_spainbow_august16tojanuary17.jpg

Sneaking a LPS in. Red blastos.

red_blastos_july16tojanuary17.jpg

• Like 2