Coral Vue Hydros

The Tweaker

pgrVII

I've also added a finnex titanium heater,removed my hood and put a light diffuser cover on top. I put a maxspect razor nano 16k on for lighting. Its running on this schedule.

7:00am-A.0 B.1%

9:00-A.35 B.55%

12pm-A.95 B.95%

5:00-A.45 B.60%

7:00-A.0 B.45%

8:30pm-0 B.0

at about 9:30pm I turn the blues on 1%. I've found my tank likes an hour or so of darkness before the moon comes out.

Also my new aqua euro nano II skimmer is producing good skimmate after a few weeks,nice and dark.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jebao has done a great job at cleaning the sand bed up,now it's back to a nice snowy white :)

Also went to the Baltimore aquarium today ...always fun and awesome, although... My long tentacle anemone looks nicer than theirs. :P

New gbta I got from lawnman. Came in great shape,packed very well,with heat pack. Darn thing was bubbly in bag. Settled quickly and my smaller clown is rubbing it after a short time.

More pics. Had to rearrange some coral due to the gbta moving around. Seems to be in the spot it likes now as shown in pics. Also it took a small offering of mysis shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...

So after 3 weeks of continuous use I have to say I am pleased with my jebao wp10 purchase. I run it on else mode with the dial on about 3:30 s2. Sand stays cleaner and flow reaches all over tank combined with the dual returns,one of which has a hydor deflector on it. The other a wide flare style just to give a bit of variance,may put the other deflector back on.

Looking really good man the GBTA seems to really be happy. You should upload your pics to Photobucket so they are larger. Then copy and paste the IMG code right here and they will pop up.

Following! :)

Yea I may just do that lawn. The new seems to like krill,I think I remember you saying you feed your nems that so figured I'd offer that as well as mysis soaked in marine snow . It readily takes that too just a bit more messy than a krill chunk. I've also started a few easy sps corals up top that seem to be growing well. Soon I'd like to add more zoas or palys to the little island I've started with radioactive dragons eye. Kinda like a touch of everything on the reef,although I don't have any lps...yet.

• 1 month later...
FlowerMama

I love your tank how it uses the left wall and cozies around the corner. Wow, the bta got big and my favorite pic was the clowns in the BTA in that gorgeous pic. I like the new bta addition too. It's not overdone, looks really good.

I love your tank how it uses the left wall and cozies around the corner. Wow, the bta got big and my favorite pic was the clowns in the BTA in that gorgeous pic. I like the new bta addition too. It's not overdone, looks really good.

Actually the pic of the clowns in the nem was my old long tentacle I had to remove it as it pretty much took over half of my cube,the GBTA you see in the later pics came courtesy of lawnman on here. Clowns haven't taken to it yet,they rub it sometimes but seem to like hanging in my big piece of leather coral in the front of the tank,not really using as a host but just hanging out in it.

FlowerMama

ha, the gbta must've "rubbed 'em the wrong way". Ha!!!!! :D Hope they take to it at some point for you.

Yea me too,but if not no worries. I don't think the bta is quite big enough for em yet,so I've been feeding it 3 times a week

to get it bigger,they took about 3 months to take to my lta. Had to fatten that one up too. In the mean time least I got a pretty GBTA.

your tank looks fabulous too!

maybe one day i can try and actually

have something bigger with fish. as of

now, the sexy shrimps will do. also, strange

hitch hikers. ha!

Yes yes all in due time cindyp. Either way you've made good use of your tank. Sexy shrimp are very cool. I can't keep shrimp the few I have kept were fed to my anemone by the clowns.

• 2 weeks later...

New pics!

I have added some flowerpot coral as well as an ultra orange bullseye mushroom,hope y'all enjoy.

Archived