ReefCleaners.org

Now Available! Micro-Reefs Pico AIO Temperate System!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

HOLY TOLEDO,

I COME HOME FROM WORK AND THE HOUSE IS 66 F DEGREES AMBIENT AND MY TEMPERATE SYSTEM IS 49.9 F DEGREES!

BRRRRRR I NEED TO GET AT REEF KEEPER LITE TO SHUT OFF THIS GUY AS WINTER HAS COME IN SF BAY AREA!

Pictures to back it up, ZERO CONDENSATION! HUMIDITY IS 53% IN HOUSE

23m7ara.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It just so happens I know where you can get one! ;)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comic relief, I have been a little stressed getting ready to pull the trigger on my Jessem complete router system tomorrow! Which means I am so super close to making the larger temperate system become reality....

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comic relief, I have been a little stressed getting ready to pull the trigger on my Jessem complete router system tomorrow! Which means I am so super close to making the larger temperate system become reality....

Now just fabricate a 5 gallon system like the fluval spec V and I'm all over that!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It will be much closer to only 4 gallons not 5. Our probes will not work as efficient with an extra gallon of water. I will check but most likely it will be 4 gallons of room, but a very consistent 55 F degrees of fun.

It will be much closer to only 4 gallons not 5. Our probes will not work as efficient with an extra gallon of water. I will check but most likely it will be 4 gallons of room, but a very consistent 55 F degrees of fun.

:haha: Mine, mine, mine . . .

(Okay, I know, I'm being patient!)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

What's the largest Temperate system you can build Mike?

What I am shooting for is to double the dimensions of the current 2 gallon temperate system. I placed them side by side and am tying to mirror the image.

This is a for sure logic that they will keep to 55 F degrees.

If that works out fine, I might be able to push the envelop and make it just a tad larger... Key is to keep to the 55 F degrees as much as possible....

MG

It would be cool if you could place the probe, or probes, under the back chamber so the entire system can be placed on a table top instead of the edge of a table. I think there was a build similar to yours that had a design like I so poorly described.

Here's the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/315018-jims-temperate-pico/

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It would be cool if you could place the probe, or probes, under the back chamber so the entire system can be placed on a table top instead of the edge of a table. I think there was a build similar to yours that had a design like I so poorly described.

In order to do that I must change the height and width of the tank. The bottom requires a clearance for the probes to work. I will look a that for sure!

Thanks,

MG

Another option is to have a stand that the tank sits on so the IceProbe fan has enough clearance for good airflow. I don't need the substrate to be at tabletop level.

What I am shooting for is to double the dimensions of the current 2 gallon temperate system. I placed them side by side and am tying to mirror the image.

This is a for sure logic that they will keep to 55 F degrees.

If that works out fine, I might be able to push the envelop and make it just a tad larger... Key is to keep to the 55 F degrees as much as possible....

MG

Anything above 4g I might be interested in. Ideally, 4g with 2g fuge (right behind the back wall) ;) come up with one and I'll take it off your hands in a sec.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Another option is to have a stand that the tank sits on so the IceProbe fan has enough clearance for good airflow. I don't need the substrate to be at tabletop level.

That makes my design stay as planned and option of the base! Great idea, and taken! :)

Anything above 4g I might be interested in. Ideally, 4g with 2g fuge (right behind the back wall) ;) come up with one and I'll take it off your hands in a sec.

It is all contingent on power performance of the chillers and your ambient temps, humidity of your home!

Well hurry up and make a few demos so I can buy one and spend even more money on a temperate system. LOL. Moving to a new home and was going to buy a bigger system for a reef but now I think I'll stay small and just add a temperate system! Always wanted to get a couple of catalina gobies and some cold water nems....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Well hurry up and make a few demos so I can buy one and spend even more money on a temperate system. LOL. Moving to a new home and was going to buy a bigger system for a reef but now I think I'll stay small and just add a temperate system! Always wanted to get a couple of catalina gobies and some cold water nems....

Smart move!

Just be a little patient please, I am about to obtain my professional router on October 11th and I will set it up that day. I will then be able to make perfect more professional cuts!

I also will be picking up the acrylic material to make these tanks, and I mean a lot of material on that day as well.

Material will be 8 x 4 foot sheets in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2".....

It will be at this time that I will zero in on the tank builds that everyone wants. Hopefully the demo tanks are going to be completed with my current systems so I can have perfection on the ordered tanks.

That makes my design stay as planned and option of the base! Great idea, and taken! :)

It is all contingent on power performance of the chillers and your ambient temps, humidity of your home!

Temp in my house is steady all year round. Between 68-71 degrees. Looking forward to your new designs

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Temp in my house is steady all year round. Between 68-71 degrees. Looking forward to your new designs

With those ambient temps, our current model edge series Temperate will be 48-55 F easily! Without a controller....

With those ambient temps, our current model edge series Temperate will be 48-55 F easily! Without a controller....

Great but is it still feasible to come up with 4+2g or a little bigger setup. If so, I would be interested.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Great but is it still feasible to come up with 4+2g or a little bigger setup. If so, I would be interested.

Oh yeah!

Most definetly wait for the new 4 gallon design! I was just letting you know the guarantee of our temps with your ambient temps!

Oh yeah!

Most definetly wait for the new 4 gallon design! I was just letting you know the guarantee of our temps with your ambient temps!

And what about custom fuge in the back.... I'll take that even if it was just a prototype ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

And what about custom fuge in the back.... I'll take that even if it was just a prototype ;)

Water volume as it increases taxes the probes...... Depends on what the fuge does in extra volume that will determine performance...

What I envision is essentially a single unit with 2 sections (main and back fuge) with total of 6g. I know the limitations of your current main lineup however, something along the lines of mini-all-in-one system I just so selfishly envisioned could potentially bring a lot more cold-water enthusiasts or rookies like myself to get their feet wet with new species as well as simplified approach to successful reef-keeping. I hope you can overcome the stability issues and bring your upcoming, perhaps a tinny bit larger units to the messes.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

We debuted our 6.2 gallon temperate system AIO at Reefapalooza one year ago! This was powered by two ice-probes using 3/8" inch material and we maintained 55 F degrees.

So, it can be done however, even though he design tank was mine it was not manufacturered by us.

Since Jan 2013, I have ventured into fabricating my own line of tanks.

So, I am coming up to speed in what I can produce myself, so far I have perfected the 2 gallon. My next move is the 4 gallon then the 6 gallon, all of course manufactured by Micro-Reefs LLC.

Smart move!

Just be a little patient please, I am about to obtain my professional router on October 11th and I will set it up that day. I will then be able to make perfect more professional cuts!

I also will be picking up the acrylic material to make these tanks, and I mean a lot of material on that day as well.

Material will be 8 x 4 foot sheets in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2".....

It will be at this time that I will zero in on the tank builds that everyone wants. Hopefully the demo tanks are going to be completed with my current systems so I can have perfection on the ordered tanks.

Perfect! Hopefully soon after you have perfected the new temperate system I should have some money and the space to buy one of your systems and start yet another money pit adventure! LOL!

Archived