Cultivated Reef

IM:HydroFill ATO

BeardedReeferLLC

I may be seeing this wrong , but on their site it looks as if they sell the pump & controller separate. There is nothing showing on the site to where they are available as a kit.

BeardedReeferLLC

Well I don't believe they are out just yet from what I read but maybe once its ready for public use they may have different packages available.

Wow. This was pretty much what I was looking for earlier. Already went with the Tunze nano osmolator so too late for this.

This sucker looks sleek at a premium ($200 for controller, $100 for pump).

not_the_size_that_counts

how come I always buy a product and then a cooler one comes out or it goes on sale this is a beautiful ato

I am getting one of these for my Nuvo 24 when it comes out next month. Will be sure to give a product review after using it for a while.

I think 300 bucks is a bit steep for a ATO... IMO.

While I agree, there are many hobbyists that would consider this a reasonable price point for an innovative piece of equipment that is vital to their setup. I'm sure they won't have any trouble selling this at that price.

BeardedReeferLLC

While I agree, there are many hobbyists that would consider this a reasonable price point for an innovative piece of equipment that is vital to their setup. I'm sure they won't have any trouble selling this at that price.

Oh I'm certain they wont have no problem at all. It looks to be a well built and sleek unit. +1 on their part.

I can't see the benefit over an Osmolator. Looks a little better, but for for 50% more, or triple the cost if you get a used tunze, it wouldn't be an option for me. My ATO components have always been in a rear chamber or a sump, so aesthetics is pretty low in the ATO requirement chart.

just a noob

For $70 less you could get a spectrapure litermeter or whatever they're called, and for $100 less you could get a tunze osmolator. Or for $200 you could get a jbj ato. I think they just missed the mark on the price point here.

it looks promising but I'll let someone else be a guinea pig first. Most new products always have bugs so i dont want to go through that headache.

it looks promising but I'll let someone else be a guinea pig first. Most new products always have bugs so i dont want to go through that headache.

That will be me. I enjoy trying new products. I will be sure to post a full product review when I get it and try it out for a while.

BeardedReeferLLC

That will be me. I enjoy trying new products. I will be sure to post a full product review when I get it and try it out for a while.

Well keep us posted when you do test it out and write your review.

Hmm, tempting. Been thinking about getting either a Tunze 3155 or a Specapure UPLC but this piece looks promising... I'm just wondering how safe/reliable the sensors are.

I'm also curious if the magnets are strong enough for a tank that is 1/2" thick.

• 3 months later...

Hmm, tempting. Been thinking about getting either a Tunze 3155 or a Specapure UPLC but this piece looks promising... I'm just wondering how safe/reliable the sensors are.

I'm also curious if the magnets are strong enough for a tank that is 1/2" thick.

I'm getting a tune 3155 got some feedback from the forum members that it is very reliable and this does have a safety float switch as a redundancy and comes with its own pump!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the IM HydroFill set-up for my new 40B. So far, so good. I enjoy the fact that the water-sensing tech (i.e.- graphite tipped conductivity sensors) employs no moving parts. The kit was easy to set up I have no complaints, thus far.

The amazon reviews are bad....Make sure to keep us updated on it.

What do they say? As far as I can tell, the video above is spot-on. Maybe these folks got unlucky and bought a faulty unit or installed it incorrectly.

Archived