Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dafil`s first reef -0.8 g SPS dominated pico

dafil

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey dafil, I actually found your thread on the RC site and want to recreate your experiment. I understand that these sized tanks don't typically last long, but I have been looking for any excuse to make one and take that risk. Thanks to you, I now have one. I love the idea of having tiny reef tanks and being hands on, which is why I am so interested. I want to review everything you have done far so I can to follow in your footsteps. If you can answer my questions, that would greatly appreciated! I posted something similar in RC site, so please ignore that post. Here is what I have gathered from your thread so far.

• -MTO twice a day
  • -5 drops of A,B and C red sea coral foundation-every day.
  • -Every Sunday -glass cleaning and 90-100% water change.
  • -2-3 snails
  • -rotifer
  • -tropic marine zooton -I am guessing for sps (how much?)
  • -Par30 equivalent bulb?

Inside the canister-mini 25w heater,air stone and live rocks to the top. (How
often do you clean the canister? Is the live rock and air stone mixed or separated into two compartments?) If you have any other details that I should know, please let me know. Thank you for inspiration that you have given me, which as you can tell, its quite a lot!

20140411_010255_zps61f2ae74.jpg

By the way, could you update us with another picture of your pico! It's awesome!

Thanks for your help!

Edd.

Wow! This pico is epic!

How old is it? TOTM material for sure. Can we get a view of the sump/hardware?

Thanks,Mr Microscope!

it is a 9 months old.

there is no sump.I use a canister filter

• 2 weeks later...
brandon429

They will go months wo them if no wc are done, it takes a while for eutrophication variables to catch up the picos are pretty forgiving in the first year.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jaw dropping, amazing tank! Such beautiful work! Did you paint your background? What color if I may know. :)

Thank you.No,it is not painted.it is a white sheet 10 inches from the tank , illuminated with blue led lamp!

Love the FTS man!!!! How's the warfare between the Zoa's and the sps going ?! Looks like they're encroaching fast on one another :o

Archived