Top Shelf Aquatics

Cadlights PLS-50 Nano Pipeless skimmer

digedgeReef20

How long did it take you guys for the god damned micro bubbles to go away? I've been running mine for over a month, and I still get a ton of bubbles. I emailed cad, and of course I didn't get a response.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How long did it take you guys for the god damned micro bubbles to go away? I've been running mine for over a month, and I still get a ton of bubbles. I emailed cad, and of course I didn't get a response.

I still have microbubbles, and been talking to people at CAD via email but they can't solve it. It's been like close to 2 months by now. I'm going to see if I can still return it via Amazon and get the elite or just keep up with my water changes instead since this was ridiculous.

bpounds1991

I ended up gluing the seal around the bottom to prevent excess water from leaking out where it shouldn't be/causing more microbubbles, it's fine now but the skimmer bubble line keeps breaking and i'm not exactly sure how well this thing actually skims :(

I've had mine up for over 2 months and I'm still getting microbubbles in my display. It pulls good skimmate, but I'm sick of seeing all those dang microbubbles. Gonna wait on reviews for the elite and the 9001 to decide what I'm going to replace this thing with.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Man, you guys must really think this thing is rocket science, and the guy using glue on his? Wowwwww.... Interesting method...

Man, you guys must really think this thing is rocket science, and the guy using glue on his? Wowwwww.... Interesting method...

Rocket science is easier really. The computers used for space shuttles are quite simple compared to the computers most of us are using to talk to each other through the digital collective.

Nice!!! Can't wait to get mine. It will be going on a jbj 20 frag. I was going to get the old design but I might as well get this.

I'm also noticing with the new elite design, after setting your adjustment it stays set. Not like the previous one, you tap it and it screws up, It was very touchy imo. Liking this new design for sure, just waiting for it to break in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't believe that. Should be at least able to get a light tea.

I agree, but I do believe it.

Something should be coming out, even if it's a bit wet. Needs adjustment, IMO. At the very least it will be pulling some phytoplankton out if the lights are on.

• 2 months later...

Just hooked up the PLS-50 in my sump and I'm getting a tank full of microbubbles. Now I'm worried seeing some of the replies above that after a couple months they're still seeing microbubbles. Cadlights highlights in their marketing that these "virtually eliminate microbubbles." What's the consensus? Do they go away?

Red Sea Berlin Airlift. Most people do not like it because it requires an air pump but it works better than my expectations for such a simple design.

Archived