SaltCritters.com

Beware dealing with Reefs2Go

Ambivalent homotropheus

Ambivalent homotropheus

Lol they never even send you the corals you actually ordered and the packaging sucks but everytime they send me the wrong stuff they either send me more wrong stuff as a replacement or refund me so while not perfect i still will probably get more stuuff from them. With a little work they could be good considering the prices they could gain a much bigger market share.

That's a shame man. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I think you make a very good point though, because they do have competitive prices, so if the rest of their business conduct was done properly, they could probably make a ton of money.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

You'd think for a company that is on so many forums they wouldnt be so bad.... their facility is like 5 minutes from my house though. You think picking stuff up direct would equate to better service or are they hopeless?

Ambivalent homotropheus

You'd think for a company that is on so many forums they wouldnt be so bad.... their facility is like 5 minutes from my house though. You think picking stuff up direct would equate to better service or are they hopeless?

Yeah I'm not equipped at all to speak on the possibility of dealing with them in person. I would hope it would be better, but from the fundamental flaws in their business practice that I have seen already, I'm not so sure. I guess you could roll the dice. I personally would not be caught dead dealing with this company ever again though.

They took my money for the order on PayPal and everything.

Just a FYI on paying with PayPal.

When you pay via PayPal, you do not pay the vendor directly. You are basically paying PayPal the money with the promise it will be sent to the vendor. Money comes into one PayPal account but goes out via a different account. This is how they get around a lot of the banking laws. So when you pay through PayPal, even though the money is taken from your account, it could take awhile before the merchant is notified of it.

If at all possible, NEVER pay with PayPal.

Hmm. I have ordered fromt hem several times and never had a problem. Once I had a ricordia show up torn in half and was quickly credited my money (or refunded if I so chose). As they say, usually you only hear about the problems, you never here about the ton of transactions that went smoothly. Sorry you had a problem, I was always satisfied.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Hmm. I have ordered fromt hem several times and never had a problem. Once I had a ricordia show up torn in half and was quickly credited my money (or refunded if I so chose). As they say, usually you only hear about the problems, you never here about the ton of transactions that went smoothly. Sorry you had a problem, I was always satisfied.

I agree that usually you only hear about the bad, never the good, but the fact that you are the first and only person to defend them on any forum I posted this on (5 different ones) that doesn't bode well for them. I would consider yourself extremely lucky man, and a part of the minority. You might disagree with what I'm saying, but let me just tell you this, there grade with the better business bureau, is an "F". That's pretty hard to achieve if you're doing a good job consistently.

Ambivalent homotropheus

There grade is a C- I meant. Don't know why I posted F, my mind just diverted to my personal rating of them. Still C- is not something to be proud of. At all.

There grade is a C- I meant. Don't know why I posted F, my mind just diverted to my personal rating of them. Still C- is not something to be proud of. At all.

I wouldn't put too much weight in the BBB score, especially since they are not a member of the BBB. C- is about normal for any non-BBB business that has been around awhile.

If anyone is interested, here is the BBB link for them... http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/tropical-fish-dealers/reefs-2-go-in-clearwater-fl-90085289

Ambivalent homotropheus

I agree that you shouldn't always put too much weight in the BBB. But also... It's not a quick task filing a complaint on there, it's tedious and boring, so if 30 people took the time to do so they must have been angry about something.

Thank you sir, just trying to get the information out there so people can be careful. And what is your local forum? I'm just wondering because this company like never responds to anything on any forum I frequent. I'm dying laughing though, it's not funny but it kind of is that they would post a deal for dirt cheap or free and then not honor it at all. Doesn't surprise me at all because of how utterly ridiculous it sounds.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?20395-Reefs2Go

Not to switch the subject or anything, but if you guys want to deal with an A+ seller (a.k.a. the only guy I do business with regularly):

http://www.gonzoscoralfrags.com/

And if you ever have trouble PM me and I will go to his house and chew him out :) Since he's so well liked, he gets top-priority from all the wholesalers and gets absolutely sick stuff and has WAY more than is on his website. Unlike some sellers he does not doctor his pictures. Mention my name, Aaron, and he might even throw in some free frags who knows :)

Ambivalent homotropheus

Not to switch the subject or anything, but if you guys want to deal with an A+ seller (a.k.a. the only guy I do business with regularly):

http://www.gonzoscoralfrags.com/

And if you ever have trouble PM me and I will go to his house and chew him out :) Since he's so well liked, he gets top-priority from all the wholesalers and gets absolutely sick stuff and has WAY more than is on his website. Unlike some sellers he does not doctor his pictures. Mention my name, Aaron, and he might even throw in some free frags who knows :)

Thanks brother, I'm totally down I need a reliable connection. I'm going to check this guys site out, once again thanks so much.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Always appreciated. I almost bought a large order at reefs2go but decided last minute to just patron my local LFS. Looks like I made the right decision.

Thanks brother, I'm totally down I need a reliable connection. I'm going to check this guys site out, once again thanks so much.

One has to wonder if this is what the entire thread is about.

I don't find that behavior unusual at all. I bought a bunch of skiing stuff last year. Altrec, Moosejaw, REI, and Skis.com all sent me an after purchase discount of some kind not applicable to that first order.

/shrug

But thanks for the headsup that the first order should be small. Then get the coupon code for the balance of the actual order.

Ah, wait until you hear my story. I shouldn't tell too much since it is too obvious. Order was sent out almost two weeks later, package came with missing items on backorder and stock quality was so bad that I was really shocked. The fishes came tiny and were starved with with arches in their bellies. Some survived, some didn't. First time ordered here and I am definitely NOT impressed.

But look on the bright side, at least you are getting your money back, homotropheus.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Ah, wait until you hear my story. I shouldn't tell too much since it is too obvious. Order was sent out almost two weeks later, package came with missing items on backorder and stock quality was so bad that I was really shocked. The fishes came tiny and were starved with with arches in their bellies. Some survived, some didn't. First time ordered here and I am definitely NOT impressed. But look on the bright side, at least you are getting your money back, homotropheus.

I'm sorry to hear that man but from what I've heard on this thread and other forums I posted on, I'm not surprised at all. Honestly though you're right man, I feel like it might have been a blessing in disguise for them to screw up because looking back I would much rather my refund be credited than the order to have gone through. I would not doubt there would be some kind of issue, and they saved me the headache of dealing with that, so I am definitely looking on he bright side.

Glad for your warning - I won't be ordering from them anytime soon. You are not the first horror story I've heard about them.

If you are looking for a big online vendor, try Unique Corals (uniquecorals.com) - I get nearly everything from them and have had 3 orders for over $250 each and never lost a single item from them. I ordered a small frag of Blue Tort that fell off the plug in transit and died, so they gave me my money back for it and sent me a free tort in my next order.

I was very hesitant to buy online because of stories like this - but within an hour of placing my first order, one of their managers called me up and was just chatting with me for over a half hour about my tank, my setup, his setup, their facility, what kind of corals I like, etc. Also, every order I placed I got a free "Bonus" item that was always something awesome. I got a Tricolor Valida, Blue/Teal Tort, and this crazy Orange/Gray/Purple/Red Acan Lord for free in my various orders.

They certainly don't doctor their images either - everything comes exactly as it looks. Great customer service as well and you can reach them any time. I even got their managers cell phone number and he has called me from the car to let me know he just dropped off my order at FedEx on more than one occasion.

MarineDepotLive and LiveAquaria are also GREAT for customer service and you will never get any problems form them sending the wrong corals or replacing anything that dies in shipping or within a couple days. You just don't get the personal touch from them you get from Unique.

Just noticed this exact same thread on another reef forum. Not taking sides, but reef2go offered their side of the story, which I think is worth sharing...but not going to link to another forum.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Thanks for the heads up I just went and read their response right now. It's pretty ridiculous, because I did use my moms PayPal account since I've never registered one and it was completely ok and when they asked me for her information I provided it and explained the situation, they only now mention it was a problem when they're trying to save face online. Furthermore, they neglected to respond to any of the logistical issues or their shortcomings. This company sucks, tremendously.

Thanks for the heads up I just went and read their response right now. It's pretty ridiculous, because I did use my moms PayPal account

Ok then.

I doubt you are the ideal customer. As I hinted at before, just your user name shows me you're probably a pretentious ass. Now we come down to the part where you used your moms paypal account? What else don't we know?

How about we all assume that there are two sides to this story and yours might not be completely accurate and reefs2go might not be the best vendor on the interweb.

Punk. :D

Ambivalent homotropheus

Ok then.

I doubt you are the ideal customer. As I hinted at before, just your user name shows me you're probably a pretentious ass. Now we come down to the part where you used your moms paypal account? What else don't we know?

How about we all assume that there are two sides to this story and yours might not be completely accurate and reefs2go might not be the best vendor on the interweb.

Punk. :D

You're a complete moron. I'm pretentious because I expect customer service to be adequate? There's no such thing as the "ideal" customer you idiot. In the business world, you get customers of varying degree of difficulty. If you mean I'm the type of customer that won't lay down and let a company take advantage of or treat me incorrectly, then I guess I'm difficult. In any case, you have no idea what occurred, and using a PayPal account in my family, with the same last name, and explaining it to them and allowing them an opportunity to approve that or cancel it, and having them say it was fine, is not my fault. Not to mention they never argued their rep was rude, never argued their failure to have a mechanism in place to stop more than the amount allowed on the deal, or why it took so long to figure it out and I wasn't allowed to speak directly with a manager. So mark, you have no god damn idea what you're talking about an if you're going to speak on something you have no idea about, you try to be positive, neutral, or just stfu. Negative c%#ts like you I absolutely despise. I'm not pretentious, just a normal dude like everyone else who expects to be treated with respect, so go pound sand.

Archived